Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-27-2012, 02:57 AM   #541
bokes15
Playoffs!

Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

WOW, the same day I accept that Pau offer this happens to Felton.

Quote:
An X-ray on Raymond Felton's right pinkie revealed a fracture and he is expected to miss 4-6 weeks.
Seems this year the basketball gods are making up for 4 previous years of bad luck.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #542
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Robin Lopez and Drummond to DrFunk
Gortat and some other guy to BCs Dream

Time to cash in. I got Robin from waivers and Drummond as a filler in a trade. They have become Gortat.
Gortat is a better basketball player than Robin, but Robin can get very good numbers all the season. Drummond is a beast. With more minutes he can give you a lot of points in blocks and rebounds, but he will screw your FT%.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #543
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle

Time to cash in. I got Robin from waivers and Drummond as a filler in a trade. They have become Gortat.
Gortat is a better basketball player than Robin, but Robin can get very good numbers all the season. Drummond is a beast. With more minutes he can give you a lot of points in blocks and rebounds, but he will screw your FT%.

I'm sure I don't need to remind Funk, but he has turned Durant, Manu, Conley and Paul George into Robin Lopez, Gordon Hayward, Wade, Kawhi and Drummond.

Last edited by RapsFan : 12-27-2012 at 08:48 PM.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #544
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I'm sure I don't need to remind Funk, but he has turned Durant, Manu, Conley and Paul George into Robin Lopez, Gordon Hayward, Wade, Kawhi and Drummond.
Not the best season for DrFunk, but Robin Lopez, Kawhi and Drummond will probably be excellent keepers next season.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #545
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Not the best season for DrFunk, but Robin Lopez, Kawhi and Drummond will probably be excellent keepers next season.

I don't think anyone is dealing Durant with the goal of obtaining Robin Lopez as a keeper.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:43 AM   #546
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I don't think anyone is dealing Durant with the goal of obtaining Robin Lopez as a keeper.

I've never seen someone make that many trades and get that little accomplished.

Funk has held CP3, Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard, Al Jefferson, Iggy, and a slew of other very solid fantasy players and now that team has very limited amounts of depth, and a bunch of waiver wire or "potential" type of guys on it. I'm gonna go with the someone hacked his account theory.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:37 AM   #547
brwnman

the last couple of dr funk's trade have been very vetoable. I don't think I would trade Rondo for the combination of that package, but he traded Wade as well. This is getting ridiculous...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:59 AM   #548
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

It's funny how almost all the top guys have been beneficiaries of lopsided deals with Funk. And FC openly admitted it for his last one. I mean I laugh about it but it does kind of alter the league in negative way.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:29 AM   #549
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
It's funny how almost all the top guys have been beneficiaries of lopsided deals with Funk. And FC openly admitted it for his last one. I mean I laugh about it but it does kind of alter the league in negative way.
What??? I didn't get a lopsided trade since I am in this league.

DrFunk will have the best group of keepers next season with Anthony Davis, Rubio, Kahwi and Robin Lopez. I would do the same if my team were second to last at this point.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:11 AM   #550
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Quote:

If your gonna deny something, at least make it something that is difficult to prove.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:23 AM   #551
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
If your gonna deny something, at least make it something that is difficult to prove.
Robin and Drummond were considered scrubs when I got them. Now they are both solid prospects, in fact Lopez alone is putting better numbers than Gortat. So it isn't a lopsided trade.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:26 AM   #552
brwnman

Quote:
What??? I didn't get a lopsided trade since I am in this league.

DrFunk will have the best group of keepers next season with Anthony Davis, Rubio, Kahwi and Robin Lopez. I would do the same if my team were second to last at this point.

really? I like Rose, Wall, Lawson, Ryan Anderson, Asik, Klay, Jordan Crawford better than those guys. Lopez isn't reliable, Kawhi is nothing more than borderline waiver guy. Rubio coming off a major injury and isn't playing that great and his shooting is very suspect. Anthony Davis was drafted early this year wasn't he? It's a clear sign that he's tanking and making trades for the heck of it. He's not doing it to set his team well for the future. They have been very lopsided and veto-worthy trades. Especially the last two trades..
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:36 AM   #553
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
really? I like Rose, Wall, Lawson, Ryan Anderson, Asik, Klay, Jordan Crawford better than those guys. Lopez isn't reliable, Kawhi is nothing more than borderline waiver guy. Rubio coming off a major injury and isn't playing that great and his shooting is very suspect. Anthony Davis was drafted early this year wasn't he? It's a clear sign that he's tanking and making trades for the heck of it. He's not doing it to set his team well for the future. They have been very lopsided and veto-worthy trades. Especially the last two trades..
That's close IMO. I can make the case that Rose=Anthony Davis, Kahwi>Klay and Robin>any of your other keepers. But that's close, you also have great keepers.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #554
RapsFan
Great college starter

Just because a guy played ok off waivers doesn't automatically make him some great keeper. If Funks keepers all came from that group, he'd be near last again next season.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #555
RapsFan
Great college starter

The Durant deal was probably the worst one. You could argue it should take CP3 and Horford to get Durant in a keeper league. Let alone also giving up Conley and Manu.

My deal with Funk was simply bad luck, like the Felton/Pau deal. I moved Gortat when he was beasting and got Horford and Paul George when they were awful. Gentry is screwing with the Suns.

Some of the others have been terrible deals, but this latest I don't think is. You have to give up a lot to get Davis in a keeper league and he'd go before Rd 3 next year. Rondo, while I'd like him on my team, is overrated in fantasy with his lack of 3s, huge turnovers and FT%.

Anyway, I don't believe Funk is making deals just for kicks. However from a keeper perspective, having a foundation of Durant, George and Conley would be great to start any season, knowing you can just get next years Robin Lopez in the late rounds.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: