Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #556
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

I can't believe this guy is really trying to claim that Robin Lopez is some fantasy keeper gem and better than Gortat due to 3-4 recent games that he played out of his mind. I wouldn't give up anyone of starter value on my team to acquire Robin Lopez even if I was tanking. And Drummond has potential but same goes for him. He wouldn't be a guy i'm looking to start my team with from the ground up. Especially considering if we are only having 3 keepers going forward. Don't be ridiculous.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #557
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I can't believe this guy is really trying to claim that Robin Lopez is some fantasy keeper gem and better than Gortat due to 3-4 recent games that he played out of his mind. I wouldn't give up anyone of starter value on my team to acquire Robin Lopez even if I was tanking
Robin Lopez is ranked 39 in per game stats (30 in absolute numbers) over his 30 games this season
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #558
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
Robin Lopez is ranked 39 in per game stats (30 in absolute numbers) over his 30 games this season
Wow, what a stud. I wonder how Funk ever survived without his 12/5/2 season averages.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #559
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Wow, what a stud. I wonder how Funk ever survived without his 12/5/2 season averages.
So you think we play a 3-cat league... I understand some things now
Old 12-30-2012, 06:48 PM   #560
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
So you think we play a 3-cat league... I understand some things now
So if we were to hold a fantasy draft right now, you'd draft Robin Lopez as a 3rd rounder?
Old 12-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #561
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
That's close IMO. I can make the case that Rose=Anthony Davis, Kahwi>Klay and Robin>any of your other keepers. But that's close, you also have great keepers.

that's laughable.

you just pretty much said

Robin Lopez > Lawson, Ryan Anderson, Wall and Asik...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #562
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
that's laughable.

To say it's laughable is an understatement. But I don't think there's much of a point in furthering the argument with him. He knows he's wrong, he's just in too deep to want to admit it.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:39 AM   #563
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
that's laughable.

If the draft were today, and I had to choose my third keeper among those players, considering which round goes each one goes, I'd take Robin Lopez. I don't want Lawson, Wall or Asik as keepers. Only Ryan Anderson would be close.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:51 PM   #564
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
If the draft were today, and I had to choose my third keeper among those players, considering which round goes each one goes, I'd take Robin Lopez. I don't want Lawson, Wall or Asik as keepers. Only Ryan Anderson would be close.
Call me crazy but i'd take a 5th round Derrick Rose, a 5th round Ryan Anderson, an 8th round Asik over Robin Lopez without a second thought.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:12 PM   #565
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Having played with it for a third of a season now, I have to say I hate this new waiver system. It's so slow and boring.....does anyone agree? I am usually against things that make it easier for people....let the cream rise to the top. But this system also is just broken. I just made a 2 for 1 deal, and have to use a waiver priority to fill my empty roster spot, even if nobody else bids on the player. That's the biggest fault with it.

Moves are also down and I assume this is because of it. If you place a bid and lose you could go a week without dropping a guy which just makes it boring (yes I know you can put multiple claims at a time). I'd vote for the old system next year. Way faster and more action.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:37 PM   #566
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Having played with it for a third of a season now, I have to say I hate this new waiver system. It's so slow and boring.....does anyone agree? I am usually against things that make it easier for people....let the cream rise to the top. But this system also is just broken. I just made a 2 for 1 deal, and have to use a waiver priority to fill my empty roster spot, even if nobody else bids on the player. That's the biggest fault with it.

Moves are also down and I assume this is because of it. If you place a bid and lose you could go a week without dropping a guy which just makes it boring (yes I know you can put multiple claims at a time). I'd vote for the old system next year. Way faster and more action.
I agree. Didn't like this system since day 1. Anyway you can change it mid-season?
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:03 PM   #567
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:

Switch it back.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:58 PM   #568
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Damn, Vucevic with the game of the year stat wise, 20 points/29boards, 2 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocked shots. Tabak better be preparing to make an offer to FC or Funk. Maybe you can pick up Kevin Durant or Anthony Davis.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:03 PM   #569
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
I agree. Didn't like this system since day 1. Anyway you can change it mid-season?

I can switch it back mid season.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:28 PM   #570
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Damn, Vucevic with the game of the year stat wise, 20 points/29boards, 2 assists, 3 steals, 2 blocked shots. Tabak better be preparing to make an offer to FC or Funk. Maybe you can pick up Kevin Durant or Anthony Davis.
13th round pick too!

Quote:
I can switch it back mid season.

please do so.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: