Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-01-2013, 03:39 AM   #571
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I can switch it back mid season.
I am firmly against a change mid season that can affect the final standings. Rapsfan has less games played than I do, so this change in the rules would be an advantage for him.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #572
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
I am firmly against a change mid season that can affect the final standings. Rapsfan has less games played than I do, so this change in the rules would be an advantage for him.

Not sure if I should be surprised by your reaction or not. This topic isn't about you, it's about fixing a potentially bad part of the league. I'm ahead of you in basically all counting stats already but stls and I'm 12 games down. Frankly you should want my games to be the same as you. In a perfect world, all teams would have the same games played because that's the way you'd see the true league champion. You'd prefer to have a 40 game lead on everyone and win, then celebrate.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:11 AM   #573
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Not sure if I should be surprised by your reaction or not. This topic isn't about you, it's about fixing a potentially bad part of the league.
The waiver system is fine. It took me some time to get used to it, and anybody can do the same.
BTW, you changed it because you thought the old system was an advantage to me for being in Europe. Now you realize that it's just that I am better than you looking for players in waivers.

Quote:
I'm ahead of you in basically all counting stats already but stls and I'm 12 games down. Frankly you should want my games to be the same as you. In a perfect world, all teams would have the same games played because that's the way you'd see the true league champion. You'd prefer to have a 40 game lead on everyone and win, then celebrate.
The league champion is me, thanks.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #574
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
The waiver system is fine. It took me some time to get used to it, and anybody can do the same.
BTW, you changed it because you thought the old system was an advantage to me for being in Europe. Now you realize that it's just that I am better than you looking for players in waivers.

The league champion is me, thanks.

The old system hurt you in Europe actually if I remember correctly. And again, things aren't done just because of you. We tried something new, and so far 3 to 1 think the new is bad. It doesn't take any time to get used to, it's not rocket science. You probably do also but are only looking at it selfishly. Shocking.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #575
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
The old system hurt you in Europe actually if I remember correctly. And again, things aren't done just because of you. We tried something new, and so far 3 to 1 think the new is bad. It doesn't take any time to get used to, it's not rocket science. You probably do also but are only looking at it selfishly. Shocking.
I am as selfish as I should be in a strategy game. Period.
Even if it is 12 to 1, I don't think it is fair to change a rule mid season. But whatever.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #576
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
I am as selfish as I should be in a strategy game. Period.
Even if it is 12 to 1, I don't think it is fair to change a rule mid season. But whatever.

Ok great, your selfish vote has been noted.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #577
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:

Going back to the old rule wouldn't make that much of a difference, I can only remember one time I actually didn't get the FA I wanted (Amir Johnson) which turned into Dudley. Whom I like better anyway.

I think your taking this a bit too serious. Having to wait to see if you get an FA slows down the game. And quite frankly makes it boring. Remember its all about having fun, and this FA system doesn't add to that.

Annnnd winning a league based on 'more games played' is cheap. A true champion wouldn't want to do it that way. jmo
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #578
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

I actually agree with FC here. I was one of the first to say I didn't like the continuous waiver rule but if it's here, I don't want to see it changed mid season based on how the season is going. Keep it one way or the other.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #579
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
I actually agree with FC here. I was one of the first to say I didn't like the continuous waiver rule but if it's here, I don't want to see it changed mid season based on how the season is going. Keep it one way or the other.

My first comment on this was to change it for next season. I just don't want it moving forward. However, if the consensus is to change it now, I am fine either way.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #580
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Quote:
My first comment on this was to change it for next season. I just don't want it moving forward. However, if the consensus is to change it now, I am fine either way.
I'm all for changing it next season but my vote for this season is to keep it as it is. So I guess we're 2-3 now.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #581
RapsFan
Great college starter

I'm looing to deal Dragic now that I have Rondo. If anyone needs a PG let me know. 6th round keeper value as well which is significant.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:25 PM   #582
kmart
No props needed

Change it, but can we at least make the 11th round keeper for non drafted players 8th or 9th round keepers?
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #583
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
Change it, but can we at least make the 11th round keeper for non drafted players 8th or 9th round keepers?

Just throwing random ideas out there. But how about you can keep a FA based on where you finish in the standings. So, if you finish 5th your FA keeper will be in the fifth round, if you finish 10th - 10th round keeper.

Considering we're are going to 3 keepers next year it should make it easier to pull this off. Just an idea, I'm not married to it.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #584
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Just throwing random ideas out there. But how about you can keep a FA based on where you finish in the standings. So, if you finish 5th your FA keeper will be in the fifth round, if you finish 10th - 10th round keeper.
But then the manager that finishes the first (or second...) would trade his FA keepers to one of the last teams just before the season finishes.

I had said before that I would like the first to draft the last in every round. (nothing to do with FAs though).
Old 01-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #585
brwnman

wtf, 3 keepers isn't set in stone I hope. It was an idea being thrown around. We were already drafting by that time. 4 keepers should be standard and I am still against changing it to 3. You draft well, you should be able to keep your players.

As for the waiver rule change, I hated the waiver system but understood it's need, but for it to be changed, it must be unanimous. I've had few instances where I couldn't get the player I wanted (not that it would matter for me), but since it was implemented this year, you have to change it after the year is up unless it's unanimous...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: