Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #601
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Just throwing random ideas out there. But how about you can keep a FA based on where you finish in the standings. So, if you finish 5th your FA keeper will be in the fifth round, if you finish 10th - 10th round keeper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
I'm down for letting brwnman have 4 keepers this year and the rest of us go to 3. Wouldn't bother me.
OK, the next and ultimate crazy idea...
Let's have a number of keepers equal to the league position...
champion - 1 keeper
second - 2 keepers
last place - 13 keepers
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #602
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
OK, the next and ultimate crazy idea...
Let's have a number of keepers equal to the league position...
champion - 1 keeper
second - 2 keepers
last place - 13 keepers
See!? ..now your thinking!
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #603
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

We don't need anything radical. I just think it was pretty much clear we moved to 3 keepers. I am fine leaving waiver system this season as is, but nobody can say it's a better system. So we can change if back next year if people will complain. The 11th round for a keeper I think is too low....but I don't really care what we do there since 3 keepers total will elimiate many of the minor league issues.

Like I said before, with a keeper league, there are a lot of variables so you can't really use league standings for anything involving keeper picks or draft slot...just my opinion.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #604
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
Hes pretty much thrown away this season though. Trading Ellis early for a 5th round pick he used on D Rose? Then picking up Bynum on waivers even though he has Wall and Rose injured.
True. He ain't lyin when he says he's been playing with the assumption that there will be 4 keepers next season. In that position I suppose i'd be just as adamant as he is about it.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #605
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
True. He ain't lyin when he says he's been playing with the assumption that there will be 4 keepers next season. In that position I suppose i'd be just as adamant as he is about it.

But why would anyone be under that assumption is my question.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #606
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
But why would anyone be under that assumption is my question.
No idea, but I don't see a reason to block a rule change that the vast majority of the league already agreed upon. I would also be fine with Brwnman getting 4 keepers and everyone else getting 3. It's a simple fix to the problem and everyone goes home happy.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:50 PM   #607
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
No idea, but I don't see a reason to block a rule change that the vast majority of the league already agreed upon. I would also be fine with Brwnman getting 4 keepers and everyone else getting 3. It's a simple fix to the problem and everyone goes home happy.
I don't even know why that would be considered. A couple years back the whole 50% rule applying on trades was put into place. I wasn't a fan of it, in fact I flat out didn't like it. I complained to RF about it. But the majority of people wanted it, and it was carried out. I had even made a couple of trades that year thinking that that rule hadn't been made official. I was upset for a little bit but I wasn't gonna hold the league hostage for it. I had to adjust accordingly. I think very few rule changes are actually carried out unanimously.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #608
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Changing to 3 keepers was brought up pre draft and before the season began it was decided to move to 3 keepers. So what is the complaint?

this was in round 7 of the draft this year

by Zan Tabak
Quote:
Hey Rapsfan, just read that you want to go to 3 keepers next year. Good idea man, I think it's better. Too many players are off the radar before the draft even starts.

Then Chambs agreed and we had a discussion after all this.

Even on yahoo, it is stated as
Quote:
I suggest we change to 3 keepers next season for a total of 39.

Like I said, I thought it was a suggestion and not something that was set in stone and as I have said, that it was never agreed upon before the draft. Round 7 is the first place where the discussion took place. Long after I didn't like the feel of my team for this year and had started making deals.

As for me having 4 keepers versus everyone else having 3 keepers. That is not right. We should all have the same number of keepers. I still say if we want to make it 3 keepers it should be after next year's draft.

Quote:
So basically, you are rejecting 3 keeper picks and suggesting something even more radical like no keeper selections in the 1st or 2nd round? That would alter the game dramatically. I don't even see that as a reasonable request to be honest.

How is that radical? Right now, people keep trading their first rounders and they never go back into the pool. Howard, Lebron, Wade, Durant, etc have never gone into the draft pool since I joined. It would keep 1st and second rounders always on the board year after year. Your keepers would carry more value.

Quote:
I think very few rule changes are actually carried out unanimously.

I don't this rule should be unanimous either. I am fine with moving to 3 after next year. But this year, since we were still discussing it during the draft, it's just not a fair rule change. Similar to the waiver. I don't like the waiver rule, but to make changes to it mid-season, isn't fair to other GMs in the league (and it makes no difference to my team whatsoever)...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #609
RapsFan
Great college starter

How was draft strategy different is my question. Everyone should be drafting to win the current year. Per draft is was on the yahoo site and during draft it was discussed and at end of draft basically decided.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #610
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Meanwhile, fantasy gem Andre Drummond traded for Derrick Favors.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:48 PM   #611
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
How was draft strategy different is my question. Everyone should be drafting to win the current year. Per draft is was on the yahoo site and during draft it was discussed and at end of draft basically decided.
It was different because I wouldn't have drafted Wall and Rose back to back. And it was pretty apparent that I wasn't drafting to win this current year unless a miracle happened. I didn't like the way the draft was heading for my team so I changed. First you said it was decided pre-draft, which it clearly wasn't. I think that should be proof enough...
Old 01-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #612
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
It was different because I wouldn't have drafted Wall and Rose back to back. And it was pretty apparent that I wasn't drafting to win this current year unless a miracle happened. I didn't like the way the draft was heading for my team so I changed. First you said it was decided pre-draft, which it clearly wasn't. I think that should be proof enough...

It was brought up pre draft, discussed during and then decided after, before a single game was played. What did you proove?

I just don't think the entire pool should suffer for what will be now for another almost 2 years because you went into a draft after round 2, deciding to throw in the towel again. Especially when it was clear that changing the amount of keepers was on the table.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:34 PM   #613
brwnman

Quote:
It was brought up pre draft, discussed during and then decided after, before a single game was played. What did you proove?

I just don't think the entire pool should suffer for what will be now for another almost 2 years because you went into a draft after round 2, deciding to throw in the towel again. Especially when it was clear that changing the amount of keepers was on the table.

Show me where it was "decided"

this is bokes in round 13
Quote:
I think it's better if we know any proposed rule changes for next season early on so that we can actually plan accordingly. Like for example the 2 you mentioned with 3 keepers instead of 4 and whether a waiver pick up will stay in the 11th round.

You said,
Quote:
I think we'll officially move to 3 keepers. The round value or waivers can continue to be discussed. The waiver rules in general are also something we can tweak.

however discussion continued

me
Quote:
I say stick with 4 keepers and the draft rule as is for next year...

beastnani
Quote:
My vote is for 3 keepers.

it was never decided upon, and again, you can't be changing rules while the draft is going on. Because as bokes pointed out " it's better if we know any proposed rule changes for next season early on so that we can actually plan accordingly."

Since then, this is the first time the rule is being discussed again...
Old 01-02-2013, 11:38 PM   #614
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
Since then, this is the first time the rule is being discussed again...

Because 12 out of the 13 GMs probably thought we were going with 3 keepers.

And the 'continued discussion' you mention are just those two posts you quotes...you and beast.

Last edited by RapsFan : 01-02-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #615
brwnman

Quote:
Because 12 out of the 13 GMs probably thought we were going with 3 keepers.

And the 'continued discussion' you mention are just those two posts you quotes...you and beast.

yet, nothing was said. No official vote count, no one saying yes/no. Nothing. Once again, no respond by you or anyone on having discussion about rules changes after/during the draft. Makes absolutely 0 sense...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: