Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-03-2013, 01:14 AM   #631
bokes15
Playoffs!

Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
Can't. Some rule change might happen during/after the draft.

I was clearly drafting Wall and trading for Rose, because I thought they'd be more valuable this year than planning for the future ...
The thing is, nobody else drafted that way at least I don't think so. I'm trying to look at it from your perspective, but if you were the only one who drafted without the intention of winning this season why do you expect that the whole rule should be postponed on your behalf?
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:20 AM   #632
RapsFan
Great college starter

And I'd also like to say, I have 4 guys I'd love to keep. But that doesn't mean it's good for the league, especially when we have GMs talking about the talent available for re-drat (brwnman included).
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:22 AM   #633
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
The thing is, nobody else drafted that way at least I don't think so. I'm trying to look at it from your perspective, but if you were the only one who drafted without the intention of winning this season why do you expect that the whole rule should be postponed on your behalf?

I don't think it should be postponed on my behalf. I believe you shouldn't be able to make changes once the draft is already underway. When I'm already drafting a certain way, how can you expect me to change my strategy when the draft is already done? I drafted a certain way; the draft goes completely out of the window for me.

Quote:
Like I said, unless you're tanking a season during a draft.

This is the weirdest argument. Clearly it's just because you have 4 guys you want to keep and you chose to tank the season before it began. Most of the league drafts to try and win and establishes keepers throughout the season...so a change to the keepers as long as its not made mid season shouldn't really matter. I'm lost...

I was tanking during a draft. Whats the counter-argument now?

And since "it doesn't matter." Let's keep it at 4...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:27 AM   #634
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
I don't think it should be postponed on my behalf. I believe you shouldn't be able to make changes once the draft is already underway. When I'm already drafting a certain way, how can you expect me to change my strategy when the draft is already done? I drafted a certain way; the draft goes completely out of the window for me.

I was tanking during a draft. Whats the counter-argument now?

And since "it doesn't matter." Let's keep it at 4...

Sorry why doesn't it matter? And yes it is clear you were tanking during the draft. I don't know why or how you made the determination your season was over before it began, but that's your decision.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:32 AM   #635
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Sorry why doesn't it matter? And yes it is clear you were tanking during the draft. I don't know why or how you made the determination your season was over before it began, but that's your decision.

you said it doesn't matter.

Quote:
so a change to the keepers as long as its not made mid season shouldn't really matter.

And how many different ways can I say I didn't like the way the draft was heading for me and that's why I made the decision to plan for next year. Based on the rule that was currently in place of 4 keepers. I don't know if there's another way to say this that would help...
Old 01-03-2013, 01:36 AM   #636
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
you said it doesn't matter.

And how many different ways can I say I didn't like the way the draft was heading for me and that's why I made the decision to plan for next year. Based on the rule that was currently in place of 4 keepers. I don't know if there's another way to say this that would help...

I don't think that cutting and pasting things out of context is probably very useful here.

You didn't like the way your draft was going after 3 rounds? Anyway, I'm just looking at making changes that are best for the league moving foward, and it's almost a consensus that 52 keepers is too many. I brought this up before the draft even started to avoid exactly what is hapenning now.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:45 AM   #637
brwnman

Quote:
I don't think that cutting and pasting things out of context is probably very useful here.

You didn't like the way your draft was going after 3 rounds? Anyway, I'm just looking at making changes that are best for the league moving foward, and it's almost a consensus that 52 keepers is too many. I brought this up before the draft even started to avoid exactly what is hapenning now.

do what you gotta do. I've been using things in context the entire time. Coming out with facts when you said it was decided before the draft which was a lie. Never was it ever made official, been proven. Regardless, do what you gotta do. I'll be making some trades...
Old 01-03-2013, 02:01 AM   #638
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
do what you gotta do. I've been using things in context the entire time. Coming out with facts when you said it was decided before the draft which was a lie. Never was it ever made official, been proven. Regardless, do what you gotta do. I'll be making some trades...

I don't believe I said it was decided before the draft. If I did it was in error. It was certainly on the table before the draft but not decided. Nobody is lieing.

I have more then 3 keeper options, so we can vote on this.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:04 AM   #639
bokes15
Playoffs!

Having 3 keepers affects all of us really though. Because it puts 13 more top guys in the draft pool and really actually forces us to draft a little better. It also kind of helps with that whole waiver debate. Because now your keepers become more valuable so there will be less of those sleeper waiver selections that become round 11 guys when they are worth much higher than that.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:05 AM   #640
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
I don't believe I said it was decided before the draft. If I did it was in error. It was certainly on the table before the draft but not decided. Nobody is lieing.

I have more then 3 keeper options, so we can vote on this.
Ok, how about that. Brwnman obviousy is not happy with the outcome, so why don't we vote on it, can everyone agree to that?
Old 01-03-2013, 02:09 AM   #641
RapsFan
Great college starter

For me it's about the re draft pool, nothing for or against anyone in particular. I'm fine voting.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:12 AM   #642
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Having 3 keepers affects all of us really though. Because it puts 13 more top guys in the draft pool and really actually forces us to draft a little better. It also kind of helps with that whole waiver debate. Because now your keepers become more valuable so there will be less of those sleeper waiver selections that become round 11 guys when they are worth much higher than that.

I proposed a way how the draft can actually be loaded with more top-end talent and forces you to draft a lot better than now. No keepers in the first 2 rounds. There's no strategy involved in keeping Lebron as your first rounder. Or Durant, or CP3, etc. It's just about having those guys on your team at the end of the year. I can just go back and forth with a guy trading Paul and Durant year after year so I can keep one of them until they are out of their prime.

4 keepers rewards you for drafting well, and being active on the waivers. As it stands with 3 keepers, I have no reason to play. I got my keepers; I can be inactive the rest of the way...
Old 01-03-2013, 02:13 AM   #643
brwnman

Quote:
For me it's about the re draft pool, nothing for or against anyone in particular. I'm fine voting.

No keepers first 2 rounds. You'll have top talent in the draft every year. Everyone has a fair chance of drafting Lebron, Durant, Howard, etc. That's my suggestion...
Old 01-03-2013, 02:16 AM   #644
bokes15
Playoffs!

Brwnman will you agree on having a vote and letting that be the determining factor?
Old 01-03-2013, 02:17 AM   #645
RapsFan
Great college starter

I don't have any issue with top guys being kept, I have an issue with 52 guys being kept which will usually be mostly very good players. Also, it can take a lot of firepower to acquire one of those guys, so to make a change like that truly changes everything and a lot of teams. You'd almost have to start the league over from scratch. If people want a guy like that, draft well and make a big offer to get them is my opinion.

I'm fine voting on 3 vs 4 keepers. Seems a logical way to get a resolution.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: