Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-03-2013, 01:18 AM   #646
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Brwnman will you agree on having a vote and letting that be the determining factor?

Vote for what? For being able to change rules during/after drafts? Cause that's the only way I see this...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:21 AM   #647
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I don't have any issue with top guys being kept, I have an issue with 52 guys being kept which will usually be mostly very good players. Also, it can take a lot of firepower to acquire one of those guys, so to make a change like that truly changes everything and a lot of teams. You'd almost have to start the league over from scratch. If people want a guy like that, draft well and make a big offer to get them is my opinion.

If you're so worried about very good players being kept, then don't let GMs keep their first two round picks. That should be the real issue.

You don't need firepower. You need another GM with a first round caliber player. Anyone would trade Durant for Paul (plus some insignificant pieces to even it out) if it meant losing them for nothing next year. It happens every year.

If you remove that rule, the quality of those 52 will go dramatically down. You'll have GMs keeping not as good players if they haven't drafted well or prepare for next year...
Old 01-03-2013, 01:25 AM   #648
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Again I have no issues with top guys being kept. Durant I think started as a 4 th rounder, could be wrong, Love as well. So there is your drafting well argument. I have a problem with the number of people kept. 52 isfive rounds worth of guys kept. Too many.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:29 AM   #649
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Question brwnman, if you make a suggestion and the majority of the league doesn't agree to it, do you consider that as unfair? Similarly, if someone else makes a suggestion and the majority agree to that and you don't, is it unfair? Because it's looking like if we were to do your suggestion there wouldn't be an uproar from you about it.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:37 AM   #650
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm sorry, that's the worst deal this league has ever seen.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:38 AM   #651
brwnman

Quote:
Having 3 keepers affects all of us really though. Because it puts 13 more top guys in the draft pool and really actually forces us to draft a little better. It also kind of helps with that whole waiver debate. Because now your keepers become more valuable so there will be less of those sleeper waiver selections that become round 11 guys when they are worth much higher than that.

it doesn't put 13 top guys. It just put 13 guys who may or may have not been kept depending on how the teams drafted and made trades.

Quote:
Again I have no issues with top guys being kept. Durant I think started as a 4 th rounder, could be wrong, Love as well. So there is your drafting well argument. I have a problem with the number of people kept. 52 isfive rounds worth of guys kept. Too many.

I do have issues with top guys being kept at round 1. It has no strategy associated with it. 52 is 4 rounds. If it's the rounds you have trouble with, add in another round.
Quote:
Question brwnman, if you make a suggestion and the majority of the league doesn't agree to it, do you consider that as unfair? Similarly, if someone else makes a suggestion and the majority agree to that and you don't, is it unfair? Because it's looking like if we were to do your suggestion there wouldn't be an uproar from you about it.
If I make a suggestion, and majority disagrees, that's fine. They can reject my 2 round keepers idea, not a big deal. Same thing goes with the other scenario. However, I am not proposing my suggestion to start this upcoming draft. It wouldn't be fair; I can definitely agree with that if that's where you're heading with your comment. I was talking about finalizing it before the draft next year and the rule will apply the year after...
Old 01-03-2013, 01:40 AM   #652
brwnman

Quote:
I'm sorry, that's the worst deal this league has ever seen.

No need for DeMarcus on my team. Nene at least gives me an option as one of my 3 keepers...
Old 01-03-2013, 01:41 AM   #653
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
No need for DeMarcus on my team. Nene at least gives me an option as one of my 3 keepers...

What option is that? I get your mad, but doing a deal like that is lame. Obviously FC will gladly accept.

Anytime you can keep a guy ranked in 130 s in the 6 th round, you have to do it.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:44 AM   #654
brwnman

Quote:
What option is that? I get your mad, but doing a deal like that is lame. Obviously FC will gladly accept.

Anytime you can keep a guy ranked in 130 s in the 6 th round, you have to do it.

He's been injured. Starting to heat up. I've always liked Nene. I've kept him in the past. He's basically DeMarcus Cousins lite. But at a 6th round price...
Old 01-03-2013, 02:01 AM   #655
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Brwnman, you have got to be kidding me. I hope that trade gets vetoed. I'm all for fairness but if your response to a rule not going your way is to just give players away out of spite, you may as well do as you suggested and just drop out.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:08 AM   #656
brwnman

Quote:
Brwnman, you have got to be kidding me. I hope that trade gets vetoed. I'm all for fairness but if your response to a rule not going your way is to just give players away out of spite, you may as well do as you suggested and just drop out.

Now I can't keep my options open with keepers? DeMarcus is ridiculously overrated as a big. He gives you rebs + steals. Hurts you big time in FG%. Nene as a 6th rounder is s steal. Especially when Wall comes back. He's been heating up lately. I'm open if anyone wants to send me a better offer for him...
Old 01-03-2013, 02:10 AM   #657
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:

I agree. I don't care if I'm in first, second, last whatever. Trades like that don't belong. Vetoes in my opinion are for collusion (cheating) or something that ruins the integrity of the league. Like having a hissing fit and making lame deals.

You get mad when going to 3 keepers so your story is that you went and acquired another keeper. Really? Just a total contradiction. 145 th ranked player in the 6 th round who has a massive injury history.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:13 AM   #658
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
Now I can't keep my options open with keepers? DeMarcus is ridiculously overrated as a big. He gives you rebs + steals. Hurts you big time in FG%. Nene as a 6th rounder is s steal. Especially when Wall comes back. He's been heating up lately. I'm open if anyone wants to send me a better offer for him...
You get angry at RF and threaten to get rid of players for the hell of it and next thing you know you're shipping off Cousins for Nene? You cannot convince me that it wasn't done purposefully because you were upset about not getting your way. You flat out said you were gonna do it and then you went out and did it. Lopsided deals happen where one manager outwitts the other. I'm fine with those, but this one was done with a specific purpose and that's why it shouldn't be tolerated.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:17 AM   #659
brwnman

Quote:
I agree. I don't care if I'm in first, second, last whatever. Trades like that don't belong. Vetoes in my opinion are for collusion (cheating) or something that ruins the integrity of the league. Like having a hissing fit and making lame deals.

You get mad when going to 3 keepers so your story is that you went and acquired another keeper. Really? Just a total contradiction. 145 th ranked player in the 6 th round who has a massive injury history.

You understand Cousins serves no purpose for my team right? I am not gonna sit around and not be active. I'll be making deals to take other GMs keepers away from them. So what if I lose players that I am not going to keep. I rather have other GMs not have good keepers. That in itself is a strategy. Nene has been injured, no doubt about that. But Cousins is one foolishness away from being suspended from his team (and he will be traded, too much uncertainty surrounding him).

And stop pointing out where he was ranked; it has no basis on what he will produce the rest of the year and next year...
Old 01-03-2013, 02:22 AM   #660
brwnman

Quote:
You get angry at RF and threaten to get rid of players for the hell of it and next thing you know you're shipping off Cousins for Nene? You cannot convince me that it wasn't done purposefully because you were upset about not getting your way. You flat out said you were gonna do it and then you went out and did it. Lopsided deals happen where one manager outwitts the other. I'm fine with those, but this one was done with a specific purpose and that's why it shouldn't be tolerated.

wtf? Where did I say I am making deals for the heck of it? I do remember saying I will make deals (since now I have 3 keepers); but I don't remember saying I will be getting rid of players for the hell of it.

I have clearly stated as to why I'm trading Cousins. He is a consistent 12 10 3 with 1.5/2 stls guy as a 6th rounder! I'd take that every time...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: