Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-03-2013, 02:29 AM   #661
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
You understand Cousins serves no purpose for my team right? I am not gonna sit around and not be active. I'll be making deals to take other GMs keepers away from them. So what if I lose players that I am not going to keep. I rather have other GMs not have good keepers. That in itself is a strategy. Nene has been injured, no doubt about that. But Cousins is one foolishness away from being suspended from his team (and he will be traded, too much uncertainty surrounding him).

And stop pointing out where he was ranked; it has no basis on what he will produce the rest of the year and next year...
That's already a contradiction to your last post.... But anyways, i've spoken my piece. I think if you are unhappy with the league and it's rules, rather than try and screw with it until you get your way, you should bow out gracefully. I would never suggest someone leave the league unless they go on a rampaging mission to compromise it's integrity. That's all i've got to say.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:36 AM   #662
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
That's already a contradiction to your last post.... But anyways, i've spoken my piece. I think if you are unhappy with the league and it's rules, rather than try and screw with it until you get your way, you should bow out gracefully. I would never suggest someone leave the league unless they go on a rampaging mission to compromise it's integrity. That's all i've got to say.

Please explain how that's contradictory. I want to take away keepers from other GMs to have the best collection of keepers for me for next year. How is that contradictory? I have accepted that you can make changes during and after drafts and have agreed to 3 keepers. But I will not be inactive and will continue to look for deals to make my team better and take away keepers from other GMs...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:41 AM   #663
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Are you seriously gonna try and argue that Nene makes your team better than Demarcus Cousins?
Old 01-03-2013, 02:44 AM   #664
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Are you seriously gonna try and argue that Nene makes your team better than Demarcus Cousins?

Not this year, he doesn't. But for next year, absolutely. I rather have the option of Nene at 6th round than DeMarcus at 1st round value. He's shooting 41% this year. I'm last in the league in FG% (or close to it last I checked). It makes more sense than you think. Look past the names, and check stats. Also, imagine a healthy Wall and Nene together. First time Wall gets a legit big and hopefully both will be healthy...
Old 01-03-2013, 03:55 AM   #665
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

The same guy who just a day or 2 ago was complaining about the legitimacy of Funk's trades makes an obvious "f*ck the league" move out of anger. You really must really think we're all pretty gullible/stupid to think that in an 8 category roto league you are bettering your team by getting a guy who is pretty much worse in every category except FG%. Cousins is a top 5 center option and Nene at this stage of his career is 30 and on an obvious decline with injury problems on top of that. You didn't make that trade because of how badly you wanted Nene as a keeper, get out of here. You wanted to payback RapsFan and hopped on the first unfair deal you could make with his closest competitor. I 3rd the notion for a veto.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:59 AM   #666
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
The same guy who just a day or 2 ago was complaining about the legitimacy of Funk's trades makes an obvious "f*ck the league" move out of anger. You really must really think we're all pretty gullible/stupid to think that in an 8 category roto league you are bettering your team by getting a guy who is pretty much worse in every category except FG%. Cousins is a top 5 center option and Nene at this stage of his career is 30 and on an obvious decline with injury problems on top of that. You didn't make that trade because of how badly you wanted Nene, get out of here. You wanted to payback RapsFan and hopped on the first unfair deal you could make with his closest competitor. I 3rd the notion for a veto.

offer still stands. give me a better big than Nene at a great keeper value and I'm willing to trade Cousins for him. To anyone in this league...
Old 01-03-2013, 04:24 AM   #667
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
do what you gotta do. I've been using things in context the entire time. Coming out with facts when you said it was decided before the draft which was a lie. Never was it ever made official, been proven. Regardless, do what you gotta do. I'll be making some trades...

Quote:
I proposed a way how the draft can actually be loaded with more top-end talent and forces you to draft a lot better than now. No keepers in the first 2 rounds. There's no strategy involved in keeping Lebron as your first rounder. Or Durant, or CP3, etc. It's just about having those guys on your team at the end of the year. I can just go back and forth with a guy trading Paul and Durant year after year so I can keep one of them until they are out of their prime.

4 keepers rewards you for drafting well, and being active on the waivers. As it stands with 3 keepers, I have no reason to play. I got my keepers; I can be inactive the rest of the way...

And then shortly after that, you ship out Cousins for Nene. Yea.... i'm sure you did it for Nene's great value and had absolutely nothing with the temper tantrum you were throwing.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:36 AM   #668
brwnman

Quote:
And then shortly after that, you ship out Cousins for Nene. Yea.... i'm sure you did it for Nene's great value and had absolutely nothing with the temper tantrum you were throwing.

so you would want me to not play the rest of the way. Not weaken other team's keepers and just be useless? That's what I'm hearing. I think this trade has more to do with the fact I traded a player to a team in contention. If it were me and Funk or someone out of the running, not many would have any issue...
Old 01-03-2013, 04:38 AM   #669
brwnman

Rule isn't changing. I have to be making deals and be active. I will not sit idle and rot players like Cousins, Lawson etc who carry no value for me next year...
Old 01-03-2013, 05:18 AM   #670
bokes15
Playoffs!

Cousins for Nene is a vetoable trade in any league no matter whether you're in first place or last place. Stop trying to justify it.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #671
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
so you would want me to not play the rest of the way. Not weaken other team's keepers and just be useless? That's what I'm hearing. I think this trade has more to do with the fact I traded a player to a team in contention. If it were me and Funk or someone out of the running, not many would have any issue...

Please stop talking like you took a keeper from another GM. Nobody would keep Nene essentially in any round, just like you wouldn't be.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:41 AM   #672
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
The same guy who just a day or 2 ago was complaining about the legitimacy of Funk's trades makes an obvious "f*ck the league" move out of anger. You really must really think we're all pretty gullible/stupid to think that in an 8 category roto league you are bettering your team by getting a guy who is pretty much worse in every category except FG%. Cousins is a top 5 center option and Nene at this stage of his career is 30 and on an obvious decline with injury problems on top of that. You didn't make that trade because of how badly you wanted Nene as a keeper, get out of here. You wanted to payback RapsFan and hopped on the first unfair deal you could make with his closest competitor. I 3rd the notion for a veto.

Exactly! And pay me back for what? Looking out for the league I guess.

FC is prob the one GM that despite all the discussion will come on and try to justify the deal, say how afraid we all are. Maybe he will surprise us.

Last edited by RapsFan : 01-03-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #673
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

Nene was ranked 26 and 36 in his last two seasons in Denver, and he can get a similar rank next season in Washington if he is healthy and playing 30+ mpg.
Brwnman has the second half of this season to evaluate him and decide if he wants him as a keeper.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #674
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
Nene was ranked 26 and 36 in his last two seasons in Denver, and he can get a similar rank next season in Washington if he is healthy and playing 30+ mpg.
Brwnman has the second half of this season to evaluate him and decide if he wants him as a keeper.
Good call rapsfan. I expected the same out of him. No surprise there.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #675
RapsFan
Great college starter

Definitely would like more GMs input regarding the debate from last night and this subsequent trade. First time in 6 years I've felt the need to do this.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: