Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #676
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops
 
lilbeastnani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chambs house
Posts: 3,045
lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Of course he would say that. FC obviously jumped at the opportunity for such a ridiculous trade, regardless of the circumstances. I'm sure he read the whole long debate leading up to it to and figured that trying to find a way to legitimize it is the best way to have it approved. A healthy and prime Nene in his 20s STILL wasn't putting up current Cousins numbers so I don't see that changing in his 30s after some major injuries/surgery. Literally, only FG% has been better, the other 7 categories that are counted are either the same or significantly worse. That part isn't up for debate, I actually don't even know why he would say "don't look at names, check the numbers." The numbers are the reason it's vetoable, not the names.

lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #677
Zan Tabak
Only the finest
 
Zan Tabak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: -lll──lll-
Posts: 3,794
Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Definitely would like more GMs input regarding the debate from last night and this subsequent trade. First time in 6 years I've felt the need to do this.
I have look at the numbers before I decide. On my phone right now, will check when I get home.
Zan Tabak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #678
RapsFan
Great college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,659
RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

It's the names, the numbers, the contradicitons. FC won't keep Cousins. He'll deal him for someone that will be far superior then Nene. If by moving to 3 keepers makes brnwman do deals to acquire more 'potential keepers' (reverse logic), then I would think a guy drafted in the 1st or 2nd round in ALL leagues would fetch more then Nene. Toni's 13th round Waiters would be 100 times the keeper value of Nene, who wouldn't sniff being drafted in the 6th round of any league.

The only reason he was drafted in the 6th this year, is because we had basically 52 better players already off the table.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #679
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter
 
Toni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,495
Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Toni's 13th round Waiters would be 100 times the keeper value of Nene, who wouldn't sniff being drafted in the 6th round of any league.

Basically why I traded J-Rich to Funk for him earlier in the season. All my keepers and draft picks have been pretty awful so far this season. Drafting Pau in the 2nd round and Amar'e in the 3rd round were awful choices. Kept Bargnani for my 4th round. I pretty much wasted my top 5 picks this year and it shows in the standings

But now I have Waiters as my 13th round keeper, DeRozan as my 10th round keeper and Kemba as my 8th round keeper if we are dropping down to 3 keepers next year.. and I'm ok with that. I just need to make sure I do a bit more research before the draft next year so I don't pick up a dilapidated Amar'e with my 3rd round instead of picking up someone like Joakim Noah when he was on the board..

Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #680
FCardelle
High School JV MVP
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 678
FCardelle has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Come on, Rapsfan has always bulllied people to accept horrible trades, with his persistence and nonsense logic... and no trade has ever been vetoed or proposed to be vetoed.

Just two examples, since I am in the league: Rapsfan got two studs in Al Horford and Paul George for Gortat, Hayward and Gee this season. Last season he got Ray Allen (in Boston, when he was ranked around 50) for Isaiah thomas. Ray for Isaiah is comparable to DeMarcus for Nene. A very solid player for a dubious keeper.

Anyway, if you look to Nene's numbers, you have to look to his numbers when he was healthy, that is, when he was in Denver.
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/nene/career_stats.html
He is just 30 now, he can make the same numbers if he wants next season. Brwnman gets a top 40 player in round 6. That's great.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #681
kmart
No props needed
 
kmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,051
kmart has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
Come on, Rapsfan has always bulllied people to accept horrible trades, with his persistence and nonsense logic... and no trade has ever been vetoed or proposed to be vetoed.

Just two examples, since I am in the league: Rapsfan got two studs in Al Horford and Paul George for Gortat, Hayward and Gee this season. Last season he got Ray Allen (in Boston, when he was ranked around 50) for Isaiah thomas. Ray for Isaiah is comparable to DeMarcus for Nene. A very solid player for a dubious keeper.

Anyway, if you look to Nene's numbers, you have to look to his numbers when he was healthy, that is, when he was in Denver.
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/nene/career_stats.html
He is just 30 now, he can make the same numbers if he wants next season. Brwnman gets a top 40 player in round 6. That's great.

It looks like a bad trade now, but at that time I think Al Horford was shooting 30 percent from the free throw line and Paul George was struggling. Plus last year Isaiah Thomas was a 11th round keeper putting up good numbers that even I thought were going to improve. He ended up being kept and Ray Allen was not kept.

I give Rapsfan the hardest time with trades. He doesn't get away with being persistent. I know that for a fact, but he is always active looking to deal.He's also the most willing guy to trade away his players. He might get a slight edge in deals, but he does not have any garbage deals that his team completely wins in all but one category.

If you just look at the numbers you stole Cousins from an angry brwnman. He won in every category except for one.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #682
FCardelle
High School JV MVP
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 678
FCardelle has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
Plus last year Isaiah Thomas was a 11th round keeper putting up good numbers
Yeah, he was a keeper just to be dropped soon after this season started.
And last season was putting up good numbers like Robin Lopez this season.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #683
RapsFan
Great college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,659
RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
Come on, Rapsfan has always bulllied people to accept horrible trades, with his persistence and nonsense logic... and no trade has ever been vetoed or proposed to be vetoed.

Just two examples, since I am in the league: Rapsfan got two studs in Al Horford and Paul George for Gortat, Hayward and Gee this season. Last season he got Ray Allen (in Boston, when he was ranked around 50) for Isaiah thomas. Ray for Isaiah is comparable to DeMarcus for Nene. A very solid player for a dubious keeper.

Anyway, if you look to Nene's numbers, you have to look to his numbers when he was healthy, that is, when he was in Denver.
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/nene/career_stats.html
He is just 30 now, he can make the same numbers if he wants next season. Brwnman gets a top 40 player in round 6. That's great.


I expect your verbal diarrhea and attacks. We're all adults in the league, nobody bullies anyone into deals. Actually wishing to discuss deals is fun. I don't think I've ever done a deal with you in the entire 1 year you've been in the league. You're sounding foolish.

You're the guy that brings stuff up out of context to try and argue a point. The examples you bring up are case in point. The Isiah and Ray Allen deal you bring up, was a home run for Tabak. Ray played like 15 games from then on, with lower stats and Isiah played 35 games at his peak. Because the Sactown PG situation is a mess this year changes nothing to that deal.

As kmart pointed out, the deal with Funk earlier looks brutal now but it wasn't at the time....context matters. And the difference is nobody said a word about it at the time and Funk didn't do the deal because he was in a pissy mood.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #684
RapsFan
Great college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,659
RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

I'd like some more GMs input on both the debate about moving to 3 keepers and the trade so we can put this to bed.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #685
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!
 
Chamberlain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cape Breton Island
Posts: 4,235
Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

I'd personally prefer 4 keepers. I know it weakens the pool of players available in the draft, but I think a keeper league should allow you to hold onto as many core players as possible. I find it makes the draft more challenging and interesting.

That being said, I'd accept a change to 3 if the majority of people want it that way.

I also have no problem with brwnman's thought process behind the trade but it does seem to be a pretty bad trade on the surface. I understand his argument though (1st round Cousins vs. 6th round Nene).
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #686
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman
 
Dr.Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,917
Dr.Funk has decent reputation
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

I don't give a shit how many keepers we have, I was still under the impression that it was 4 but if it's 3 then I will just have to try and deal accordingly or just make a tough decision next season, but this trade the biggest BS thing this league as ever seen.

Nene's season isn't worth any keeper round. THis deal was obviously made to spite RF. Basically gives RF's only competition for the ship a massive upgrade.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #687
RapsFan
Great college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,659
RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

I'd also like to point out, my opinion of this trade has nothing to do with whom received Cousins, a point I suspect 10 of the leagues GMs will understand. It just happens to be to the guy in front of me in the standings, but the reason I am seeking the leagues thoughts is because I'm the commish and want the best league possible.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:01 AM   #688
FCardelle
High School JV MVP
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 678
FCardelle has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
The Isiah and Ray Allen deal you bring up, was a home run for Tabak.
Ray Allen ranked 36 last season. Thomas ranked 112. I doubt very much that trade made any sense at any point. At least Nene have seasons of being a fantasy stud to back it up.

Both trades I said I thought they were steals at the time. I didn't say anything because I know people in the league are all adults and we can take our own decisions. I also read about a strange trade that you made the season before I entered the league, I don't know the players.

Anyway, Brwnman's reasoning about him wanting Nene in round 6 makes much more sense that most you say when you are trying to pull a deal
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:58 AM   #689
kmart
No props needed
 
kmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,051
kmart has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Veto it.

Going to 3 keepers would be cool that's my vote for now.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #690
RapsFan
Great college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,659
RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
.

Anyway, Brwnman's reasoning about him wanting Nene in round 6 makes much more sense that most you say when you are trying to pull a deal

Says the guy that admits to sending offers he knows wont be accepted. And bringing up season long ranks for guys dealt in March at the trade deadline is yet again, using out of context info. Shocker.

Last edited by RapsFan : 01-04-2013 at 07:54 AM.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:40 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy