Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-05-2013, 05:38 AM   #736
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

so FC just missed out on a beast game. If he loses by some rebounds and some points, I'd be pretty pissed if I were him. This trade was intentionally delayed because of Cousins' beasting (I thought I'd just throw it out there, since everyone is throwing accusations around and making assumptions; I'd like to join in the fun too).

Also, I offered other trades to other GMs, not just FC. I pulled them back once this trade was completed to reevaluate. There was a couple of trades I pulled back cause I went to draft central and thought George Hill was undrafted, which he wasn't. And I thought couple others were drafted later than they actually were. But some I will revisit once I reevaluate my team now that the trade is done...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:57 AM   #737
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Just so everyone knows, I didn't approve the deal. I guess it automatically gets approved after a certain number of days. Good to know. Not sure how to proceed because given the majority of the leagues opinion I was most likely going to veto it.

Yes brwnman the crystal ball was working and I intentionally didn't accept the deal to try and sabotage FC. It wasn't like there was a discussion about the deal going on.

Last edited by RapsFan : 01-05-2013 at 07:53 AM.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #738
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

If that kind of shady shit is not dealt with i'm gonna send my best players away too and quit the league. No point in playing, Brwnman took the fun out of it.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #739
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Just so everyone knows, I didn't approve the deal. I guess it automatically gets approved after a certain number of days. Good to know. Not sure how to proceed because given the majority of the leagues opinion I was most likely going to veto it.

Yes brwnman the crystal ball was working and I intentionally didn't accept the deal to try and sabotage FC. It wasn't like there was a discussion about the deal going on.
Not sure there is much you can do. Unless FC is willing to bench Cousins or trade him back to brwnman (which I don't see happening). I guess it is what it is.

If FC ends up winning this league, it will be a tainted victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
If that kind of shady shit is not dealt with i'm gonna send my best players away too and quit the league. No point in playing, Brwnman took the fun out of it.

Relax brah. It's not like this is a common trend in this league. It's an unfortunate one time thing that happened. No need to pour fuel on the fire.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #740
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
so FC just missed out on a beast game. If he loses by some rebounds and some points, I'd be pretty pissed if I were him. This trade was intentionally delayed because of Cousins' beasting (I thought I'd just throw it out there, since everyone is throwing accusations around and making assumptions; I'd like to join in the fun too).

Also, I offered other trades to other GMs, not just FC. I pulled them back once this trade was completed to reevaluate. There was a couple of trades I pulled back cause I went to draft central and thought George Hill was undrafted, which he wasn't. And I thought couple others were drafted later than they actually were. But some I will revisit once I reevaluate my team now that the trade is done...
Or how about the rest of us being mad at you not getting your way and sabotaging the league as the end result. No respect for you anymore.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #741
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Not sure there is much you can do. Unless FC is willing to bench Cousins or trade him back to brwnman (which I don't see happening). I guess it is what it is.

Relax brah. It's not like this is a common trend in this league. It's an unfortunate one time thing that happened. No need to pour fuel on the fire.
As much as I campaigned to be a part of this league, who wants to be a part of a league with no integrity?
Old 01-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #742
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I can move the players back as commish I think. I'll verify.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #743
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
I see my victory being tainted as a positive thing. That will keep the league interesting for the next season. My first championship was luck. My second championship will be cheating. I'll still have something to prove next season.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #744
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

I am thinking about trading Curry, who is ranked 8 along this season, and will be round 2 keeper next season.

About Nene.
Quote:
Nene played a season-high 36 minutes Friday night in Washington's double-overtime loss to Brooklyn. Nene, who averages a shade under 24 minutes per game, has been brought along at a measured pace since his return from a foot injury.

Recommendation: Nene finished with 20 points (8-of-12 FG, 4-of-5 FT) with six rebounds, four assists and three steals in the loss. This is a signal that head coach Randy Wittman has unchained Nene for a larger role going forward.
(Rotowire.com)

Last edited by FCardelle : 01-05-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #745
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
I see my victory being tainted as a positive thing. That will keep the league interesting for the next season. My first championship was luck. My second championship will be cheating. I'll still have something to prove next season.
I've contemplated dropping out of the league as well. Not specifically related to this incident but it certainly doesn't help.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #746
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
With all personal beefs aside, that's one of the stupidest things you've ever said. We are playing in a 13 team league. Everyone's goal should be to win, that much is true. But nobody should be ok with winning at the expense of the integrity of the league. And somebody who wants to be really known as the most skilled fantasy manager out there should not be happy with a tainted victory. As you said, you were in a position to have been able to have win without him. I've lost what little shred of respect I had left for you. Congrats on turning the league into a joke.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #747
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Come on, I am just mocking...

Veto the trade and I have no problem to give up Cousins. I just pressed the accept button in a trade, that's all I did.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #748
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
Can you or the people who those trades were offered to tell us what they were?
Old 01-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #749
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
I agree with Tabak, don't do that as it would add to the problem rather than creating a solution. A trade is a trade, I normally don't make a big deal about trades, even lopsided ones. They might get a couple of comments and then we move on. What i'm disappointed about is the selfishness that was on full display over the past few days. That there are people who made it abudantly clear both through verbal declarations and actions taken that the overall best interests of the league don't matter to them. That's my main issue.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #750
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Can you or the people who those trades were offered to tell us what they were?

Scola for Drummond was one of them (I still think I'll be offering that back). One included Lawson + someone (Boozer? - can't remember) for George Hill (who I thought was undrafted) + Gerald Wallace. Didn't like Gerald Wallace, didn't think he was drafted that early. But I would still build a package around Lawson n Hill. George Hill has great value. I have offered Booz n Lawson for Lebron (was rejected). Was offered back Hibbert for Klay + Noah, which I rejected. I had another trade offer which I can't remember I think; it was a relatively minor move though.

For a veto, there has to be a unanimous decision. A couple of GMs already have said that they do not have a problem with the trade (toni n chambs). This should be a non-issue at this point. I know what I'm doing with my team; I don't need others to manage it for me...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: