Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #751
bokes15
Playoffs!

Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

A veto doesn't have to be a unanimous decision. Hell, nothing has to be a unanimous decision. This is a commisioner based league for a reason.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #752
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
A veto doesn't have to be a unanimous decision. Hell, nothing has to be a unanimous decision. This is a commisioner based league for a reason.

Actually, I think we agreed last season on trades being vetoable on a unanimous decision only. The reason for this was we agreed that GMs know what they're doing...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #753
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
Actually, I think we agreed last season on trades being vetoable on a unanimous decision only. The reason for this was we agreed that GMs know what they're doing...
Show me. Or have RapsFan confirm, because I don't remember that discussion at all. Not saying you're lying, I just would like to see for myself.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #754
RapsFan
Great college starter

I don't remember that ever being discussed.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #755
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Scola for Drummond was one of them (I still think I'll be offering that back). One included Lawson + someone (Boozer? - can't remember) for George Hill (who I thought was undrafted) + Gerald Wallace. Didn't like Gerald Wallace, didn't think he was drafted that early. But I would still build a package around Lawson n Hill. George Hill has great value. I have offered Booz n Lawson for Lebron (was rejected). Was offered back Hibbert for Klay + Noah, which I rejected. I had another trade offer which I can't remember I think; it was a relatively minor move though.
This makes sense. Brwman was looking for potential keepers and one of the offers was Cousins for Nene. Nene can be a keeper next season.
I remember last season, right after the NBA season began... well, I didn't know who Lowry was, I looked at the numbers and kept him from the previous owner GM. I did know who Garnett is and has been, and I happily traded Lowry for a supposedly finished Garnett. Garnett turned out to be a rejuvenated player, I won the league and kept Garnett for this season.
I mean, mistakes happen, to everyone, and this trade is not the biggest mistake I have seen in this league. And it may even end well for Brwman.

Can we move on?
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #756
bokes15
Playoffs!

I say if you want a league where your say is the final word, where you make all the decisions, where a rule is only carried out if you personally agree to it, where nobody's opinions but yours matter, create one. Become the commisioner and invite FC, and whoever else to join you so that we can return order and fairness to our league and have it be enjoyable again to the rest of us.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #757
brwnman

Quote:
Show me. Or have RapsFan confirm, because I don't remember that discussion at all. Not saying you're lying, I just would like to see for myself.
I thought we discussed it in this league; might have been another. But...

Quote:
As for approval, I'm no David Stern. All deals are accepted.
RapsFan last year. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...241528&page=10 post #362...
Old 01-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #758
RapsFan
Great college starter

As bokes has said, the context changes things.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #759
brwnman

Quote:
I say if you want a league where your say is the final word, where you make all the decisions, where a rule is only carried out if you personally agree to it, where nobody's opinions but yours matter, create one. Become the commisioner and invite FC, and whoever else to join you so that we can return order and fairness to our league and have it be enjoyable again to the rest of us.

lol, what rules? I'm not making up any new rules. I am following the rules of this league. Another poster said he thought it was 4 keepers too. I think it was Funk who said it. Another said he liked 4 keepers better too (clearly it wasn't clear enough that we were moving to 3 keepers for next year). But since it is 3 keepers, I'm looking to make deals; I don't feel like being inactive. I put it out there that if you offer me a better big and a better keeper value, I'll take it for Cousins. I got no response.

You keep accusing me of sh*t I haven't done or said; a lot of assumptions in your posts. If anything, it's you guys who are mad that didn't get Cousins, because you guys didn't have the pieces to acquire him.

You asked to me tell you about other trades that I offered, when you saw them... no response. Why? Cause you know I'm not lying. But you made your mind up a long time ago saying no matter what I say, you're not going to change your opinion about this. So why should I even bother arguing?

I liked a trade for my team, I proposed it and it got accepted. I'm still working with other GMs on trades. This is just one of the trades that happened to be accepted...
Old 01-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #760
bokes15
Playoffs!

You said that we came to the decision that a trade cannot be vetoed unless it's unanimous. You haven't shown me where that was discussed, and the guy in charge of the league has no memory of it either. I'm waiting on proof like I said. Any accusations i've made of you i've laid out the proof clear as day for anyone to see.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:16 PM   #761
brwnman

Quote:
You said that we came to the decision that a trade cannot be vetoed unless it's unanimous. You haven't shown me where that was discussed, and the guy in charge of the league has no memory of it either. I'm waiting on proof like I said. Any accusations i've made of you i've laid out the proof clear as day for anyone to see.

Quote:
I thought we discussed it in this league; might have been another. But...

Quote:
As for approval, I'm no David Stern. All deals are accepted.

I've already answered it. Perhaps it was in another league as I've stated that this issue was discussed (I did find a post by me saying that we discussed there were no vetoes in this league back in season 3 or 4 - no one had any objections or said anything about it). Regardless, all deals are accepted in this league anyways. It was stated by the commish. No need to go any further than that...
Old 01-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #762
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
I've already answered it. Perhaps it was in another league as I've stated that this issue was discussed (I did find a post by me saying that we discussed there were no vetoes in this league back in season 3 or 4 - no one had any objections or said anything about it). Regardless, all deals are accepted in this league anyways. It was stated by the commish. No need to go any further than that...
Yes, but he clearly said just a few days ago that was unless collusion, cheating, or anything of that nature was involved. We had never had a reason to believe it was before, and thus the discussion about it having to be a unanimous decision for a veto to take place never happened, you made that up.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:33 PM   #763
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

So if I send RapsFan Josh Smith and Marc Gasol for Gerald Henderson and AK should it be allowed through because I know what i'm doing?
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:43 PM   #764
brwnman

Quote:
Yes, but he clearly said just a few days ago that was unless collusion, cheating, or anything of that nature was involved. We had never had a reason to believe it was before, and thus the discussion about it having to be a unanimous decision for a veto to take place never happened, you made that up.

There is no collusion nor cheating involved...
Old 01-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #765
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
So if I send RapsFan Josh Smith and Marc Gasol for Gerald Henderson and AK should it be allowed through because I know what i'm doing?

if you feel that helps your team, sure. I genuinely feels Nene helps me going forward...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: