Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #766
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

You must be applying to be a politician or something. I believe some rules are laid out in writing and some are just common sense. If somethings not right or fair, the goal is justice for the betterment of whatever league it is. It doesn't have to be spoken out about, it's always implied. Just like in a real league. A commisioners job isn't to rule the league with an iron fist, it's to pay attention to everything that's going on, and when there's a complaint or an injustice to look into it and decide what course of action needs to be taken next. Now, in a league like this i'd say it's fair for him to get input from others, but if of the people not involved, 2 say it's fair and like 4 or 5 say it's not, hell yeah it should be dealt with accordingly. Who cares about your feelings at this point, we're grown men here. Act like it.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #767
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
if you feel that helps your team, sure. I genuinely feels Nene helps me going forward...
Wow, so if I make a move that obviously isn't beneficial to me or my team it should universally accepted just because I say it does?
Old 01-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #768
RapsFan
Great college starter

Nobody is suggesting cheating or collusion, those are the same. The other reason for veto is if something hurts the integrity of the league. In this case, many believe you got mad because of a rule and made this deal. Many want it vetoed and I am one of them. FC even says he doesn't care, probably because he knows if this happened between you and I, he'd freak out.

Frankly, we'd all be doing you a favour because you'd actually be able to obtain someone with some keeper value in a different trade.

Last edited by RapsFan : 01-05-2013 at 08:19 PM.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #769
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Yeah i'm pretty sure on this being my only season as of now....but I think it would be very beneficial to the rest of the league to actually make some sort of jurisdiction so people can't just makes things up when they go along like Brwnman. If there is no due process as to how decisions are made, rule changes are gone about, vetoes decided, etc... people will always b1tch and complain and kick up dust like Brwnman. So having them in place makes it so that each person can take a good hard look at it, and if they decide they don't like it they can choose another league rather than ruining the one currently in place.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #770
RapsFan
Great college starter

We haven't had many issues at all in 5 years and the rule changes are generally minor tweaks. This has really been the first time something like this has taken place.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #771
bokes15
Playoffs!

A lot less problems and drama before FC entered the league. Coincidence?
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:54 PM   #772
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Wow, so if I make a move that obviously isn't beneficial to me or my team it should universally accepted just because I say it does?

learn to read.

Quote:
Yeah i'm pretty sure on this being my only season as of now....but I think it would be very beneficial to the rest of the league to actually make some sort of jurisdiction so people can't just makes things up when they go along like Brwnman. If there is no due process as to how decisions are made, rule changes are gone about, vetoes decided, etc... people will always b1tch and complain and kick up dust like Brwnman. So having them in place makes it so that each person can take a good hard look at it, and if they decide they don't like it they can choose another league rather than ruining the one currently in place.
What did I make up? All trades are accepted, we've established that (as long as there is no cheating/collusion). Some GMs were not sure how many keepers (even after our long discussion on it); we've also established that. One thing I said about vetoes being unanimous; I explained it may have been in another league; however I did bring up that point in a previous year and no one opposed it or responded to it.

I've already given my reasons as to why I want Nene.

Just because you don't like a trade that's made doesn't mean it hurts the integrity of the league. It's strategy in a keeper league. You didn't believe I was tanking in a draft, even though I explained it. You don't have to get what I'm doing. My reasoning to acquire Nene makes sense. I have yet to see anyone propose or PM a trade offer better than that, until that is done, my point is proven. FC was the first to respond, if it had been anyone else, no one would have a problem with it. Simply, it's because he's first and is ahead in the standings. You have robbed him of two great fantasy nights by Cousins by delaying the process. It won't be long before he's shooting 6-18 on FC's team...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #773
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Some GMs were not sure how many keepers (even after our long discussion on it)
Not sure why you're still harping on that. None of the people who said the trade was unfair have said anything about you disagreeing with the decision to make it 3 keepers. Nobody cares, people get angry about rule changes all the time. It was just the huffing and puffing you did afterwards. Saying you have no reason left to play the game with 3 keepers and then making some weird unrealistic reasoning for pulling off the trade you did because of those circumstances.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #774
RapsFan
Great college starter

FC was first to respond to what? Did you post saying Cousins was available to the highest bidder and I missed it?
Old 01-05-2013, 11:24 PM   #775
bokes15
Playoffs!

Since we're posting things from last years thread, check out what Toni had to say when he knew he wasn't in the running for the season.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...241528&page=37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Hey guys. I've accepted that I'm out of the running this year. Looking to gain good keepers for next season. Everyone on my team is untouchable except Greg Monroe. This includes; Nash, Lee, Boozer, Curry and Bosh. We have a week left for trades!

First, that's what normally happens when someone is making trades for the reasons you gave. And second, it doesn't happen in the first week of January. If you aren't making the trades because of a "win now" scenario, that would typically take the desperation out of the situation. Weird that right after a 3 keeper vs. 4 keeper argument you instantly send out a bunch of trade requests just for the purpose of as you say "getting more options" with having the ability to select one less keeper and that you didn't so much as list out the available players on your team to seek out the best possible offers to set you up for next season. Oh, and I was also looking on that list you gave to see who else you offered Cousins to other than FC. Apparently nobody because you did an in depth player evaluation and determined that nobody could give you a better player than Nene for Demarcus Cousins without even so much as fielding any offers for him.

Last edited by bokes15 : 01-05-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #776
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Quote:
I was also looking on that list you gave to see who else you offered Cousins to other than FC.
I'd actually like to know the answer to that as well. I have several players that i'd have been willing to give up for Cousins had he actually legitimately been shopped and i'm sure i'm not the only one.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:15 AM   #777
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

And since this isn't obvious to everyone, I just wanted to post a couple of things I found on the yahoo pages. The common sense things I was referring to.
Quote:
We welcome our customers to play our fantasy games in the spirit of fair play and good sportsmanship.

By joining the game, each public league fantasy team owner agrees to these rules:
All league-related transactions will be executed with the intent of improving the owner's team and/or its standing within the league.
No owner may drop or "dump" players from their team for any reason other than improving their own team and/or its standing within the league.
No owner will engage in any action that may be deemed to be collusive (two or more owners agreeing to make moves that benefit one team, but not the other).
No owner will make any roster moves (including waiver claims, trade proposals, etc.) whose sole purpose is to hamper the play of other owners.
No owner will take any action whose purpose is to, in any way, interfere with fair play in a league.

Note: These rules do not apply to Yahoo! custom leagues, which are controlled solely by the league commissioner.
While Yahoo! will not remove teams from leagues after they have drafted, any failure to follow all of the regulations listed above may result in the limitation or removal of playing privileges for the offending owner.
In a public league, same scenario went down and trade would've already been vetoed with the addition to the possibility of one or both players removed from the league.
http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?local...pressions=true

Quote:
Resolution
When an offer is accepted, the entire league will be notified via email, and the trade will appear on all team pages. In a public league, an objection of four or more managers within two days will veto the trade.
While we encourage managers to adhere to our fair play and sportsmanship rules when vetoing trades, we cannot interfere with the public league trade review process.
League Votes
In a custom or public league set for league votes as the trade-review method, a protest from one-third of managers will result in a veto. So, a 12-team league requires four votes for a veto.
We always round fractions up, so a 10-team league also requires four votes, even though one-third of 10 is actually three-and-a-third
Commissioner Review
Private Leagues: When you select the commissioner option, accepted trades can only be overturned by the league commissioner.
Yahoo! Trade Review
Private or PRO leagues only: All league managers have the opportunity to lodge a protest against a given trade with the league office. All protests will be reviewed by the Yahoo! Sports staff and a final decision will be rendered after the 2-day league review period has passed. All decisions on trade protests are final, and no approved trade will ever be reversed. Additionally, the league office will never re-examine and approve a previously vetoed trade.
If you have questions about the trade review process in a custom league, please contact your league commissioner. Yahoo! will not intervene in Custom League matters.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:51 AM   #778
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Private or PRO leagues only: All league managers have the opportunity to lodge a protest against a given trade with the league office. All protests will be reviewed by the Yahoo! Sports staff and a final decision will be rendered after the 2-day league review period has passed. All decisions on trade protests are final, and no approved trade will ever be reversed. Additionally, the league office will never re-examine and approve a previously vetoed trade.
Again, can we move on?
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #779
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
Again, can we move on?

I'm not sure if you're saying that we have to move on because you bolded the 'no trade is ever reversed'. That is specific to paid for yahoo leagues where there is actually a yahoo sports staff memeber that deals with trade complaints. Obviously not relevant to our league.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:58 AM   #780
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

We should move on because people is getting more and more tired and annoyed with this sh't.

Now my opinion is that we can't do anything but believe in Brwnman's explanations about his reasons to make the offer (otherwise is like, for example, accusing Bokes of ruining the league on purpose by drafting DHoward in round 1, which is a much bigger blunder). And so the trade is legal. But whatever, take a decision and let's move on.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: