Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #811
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Not saying I blame you or anything. I like putting money into things where I have not much to lose and a high shot at winning as well.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #812
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Alan Anderson isn't a superstar but damn, give that guy the "waiver scrub of the year award." 4 3's, 27pts on .714, 4 boards, 3 assists, and a steal. I'm gonna soak this moment in as I know it's not gonna be a repeating trend.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #813
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Not saying I blame you or anything. I like putting money into things where I have not much to lose and a high shot at winning as well.

Nobody has much to lose with $10 invested.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:55 PM   #814
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Nobody has much to lose with $10 invested.
True, but who stands the most to gain from it? Unless your saying the skill level of everyone else will suddenly increase dramatically because there's a whole $10 on the line.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #815
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
True, but who stands the most to gain from it? Unless your saying the skill level of everyone else will suddenly increase dramatically because there's a whole $10 on the line.

I honestly didn't analyze it too much. We aren't talking a grand each. Just figured if people in 3rd or 4th place got some sort of 'winnings', it might keep people more involved longer.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #816
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

I think by the looks of things, there's only 1 that has dropped out of the league so far in terms of participation, 2 that have dropped out of the competition from a standings perspective, and 1 that decided they weren't gonna be in it before the season started. Other than that, 9/13 ain't bad, that's actually pretty decent compared to the other leagues I participate in.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #817
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I'm on the verge of homelessness. Ain't nobody got time for a ten dollar pay in.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #818
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
I'm on the verge of homelessness. Ain't nobody got time for a ten dollar pay in.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #819
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

FCardelle has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
If that is your decision as the commisioner, I'll send the offer to Brwnman.

edit: offer sent.
Offer rejected...

Maybe I can add Isaiah Thomas to Cousins and so I recover Nene
(just kidding)
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #820
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
Offer rejected...

Maybe I can add Isaiah Thomas to Cousins and so I recover Nene
(just kidding)
Well, I guess at least on your part you are no longer to blame.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #821
RapsFan
Great college starter

Unreal.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #822
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Now this is just a question, you can answer it however you like. In a private league like ours, even though I think RapsFan generally lets most things fly and people do as they please, he's still the commsioner correct? So if the commisioner of our league makes a decision, and the player refuses to comply should that not mean we terminate him from the league? I know this league is looser on rules than others due to people "liking' each other and us all posting on a forum but I think that's something that should happen regardless.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #823
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

We basically have two options:

1. RapsFan is commissioner and has final say on everything
2. We do the 1/3 rule, where a third of the league votes is enough to veto something (as per the Yahoo rules)

Whichever we choose, it would end in that trade being vetoed. At least 1/3 of our league wants it vetoed, and our Commish is one of those people.

I don't think we should be talking about terminating brwnman from the league. One poor move doesn't reflect his overall participation in this league over the years. If we do want to have a discussion on it, it should wait until after the season.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #824
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

The reason i'm suggesting it is because option #1 and 2 aren't possible given the circumstances. Whether RF tells him to trade the player back (which he already tried) or whether he does it because 1/3rd of us have decide for him to send him back, he still has to actually do it and he rejected the offer. So at this point the actual options for the rest of us are:

1. Accept a tainted trade
2. Terminate a tainted player
Old 01-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #825
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
We basically have two options:

1. RapsFan is commissioner and has final say on everything
2. We do the 1/3 rule, where a third of the league votes is enough to veto something (as per the Yahoo rules)

Whichever we choose, it would end in that trade being vetoed. At least 1/3 of our league wants it vetoed, and our Commish is one of those people.

I don't think we should be talking about terminating brwnman from the league. One poor move doesn't reflect his overall participation in this league over the years. If we do want to have a discussion on it, it should wait until after the season.

or option 3.

Follow what the commish said in a previous season. All trades are accepted. I didn't intentionally do anything to hurt the league. I have said all I have to say as far as the trade is concerned. It makes sense.

Guys keep making assumptions; anything unanswered, I will gladly answer it. As far as answering things about the trade that have already been answered, I'm tired of speaking about it and will not be responding to it. Beastnani continues trying to start sh*t; just be happy you're behind a computer screen. Bokes already said his opinion will not change; not much you can do about that. Rapsfan has the biggest stake in this which has nothing to do with the integrity of the league (especially with a lot of the other trades that have been made not only this year but in the past); it all has to do with being in 2nd place and FC receiving Cousins (if it were anyone else, this wouldn't be a discussion; you better believe that)...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: