Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #826
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
or option 3.

Follow what the commish said in a previous season. All trades are accepted. I didn't intentionally do anything to hurt the league. I have said all I have to say as far as the trade is concerned. It makes sense.

Guys keep making assumptions; anything unanswered, I will gladly answer it. As far as answering things about the trade that have already been answered, I'm tired of speaking about it and will not be responding to it. Beastnani continues trying to start sh*t; just be happy you're behind a computer screen. Bokes already said his opinion will not change; not much you can do about that. Rapsfan has the biggest stake in this which has nothing to do with the integrity of the league (especially with a lot of the other trades that have been made not only this year but in the past); it all has to do with being in 2nd place and FC receiving Cousins (if it were anyone else, this wouldn't be a discussion; you better believe that)...
Now this loose cannon has actually stooped to making typed threats on the computer like an e-thug. Just leave already, you've clearly done what you came here to do. Rile people up and get them as pissed off as you were about not getting your way.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #827
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Not saying you did, dude. I'm not part of that 1/3, but when there is a disagreement that cannot be solved, shouldn't we consult the official Yahoo rules on the matter? Seems like the most fair way.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #828
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Not saying you did, dude. I'm not part of that 1/3, but when there is a disagreement that cannot be solved, shouldn't we consult the official Yahoo rules on the matter? Seems like the most fair way.
He doesn't care about the fair way though, I know you're always mr. nice guy and don't want to give any strong opinions but I think people have actually been very fair to him. The initial issue prior to this trade being made was whether or not we should stick to 4 keepers. The majority wanted 3 so it was decided at the end of the draft we were going with 3. He either didn't see it or thought it wasn't official (even though a quote was pulled up where RF said it was official). So after much back and forth banter, I forgot who said this but I think it was RF who said he was open to having a vote about whether we have that rule or not. He refused. RF asked him and FC to swap the players back, FC accepted, he refused. What more can you do? Tickle his balls and whisper sweet nothings into his ear?
Old 01-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #829
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

We all know the history of what happened. I suppose what I mean to say is if he reverses the trade that should be the end of it. No supplemental penalty. If he doesn't, then the conversation can be had.

I still like my idea of making him keep Nene as a keeper next year. If he's trying to tell us that he made the move because it gives him better keeper options, keeping Nene is the only way for him to prove that. It's his funeral.

On a more serious note, if he wants his balls tickled we should get Reggie Evans on the scene, that'll make him change his mind pretty quickly.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #830
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I think we should follow the rules of the said league, "All trades are accepted." This is by the commish of this league. The problem is arising cause they "THINK" I tainted this league by making an unfair trade on purpose which is not true. But I can't change the way they feel...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #831
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Quote:
We all know the history of what happened. I suppose what I mean to say is if he reverses the trade that should be the end of it. No supplemental penalty. If he doesn't, then the conversation can be had.

I still like my idea of making him keep Nene as a keeper next year. If he's trying to tell us that he made the move because it gives him better keeper options, keeping Nene is the only way for him to prove that. It's his funeral.

On a more serious note, if he wants his balls tickled we should get Reggie Evans on the scene, that'll make him change his mind pretty quickly.
Yes, I understand all that, but we are operating under the pretenses of him still denying it. So with that said, he's most likely also gonna refuse to select Nene next season as well.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #832
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

So, where are you with the Reggie Evans thing? Punishment fits the crime, I think.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #833
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Now this loose cannon has actually stooped to making typed threats on the computer like an e-thug. Just leave already, you've clearly done what you came here to do. Rile people up and get them as pissed off as you were about not getting your way.

Keep chirpin'...

Quote:
He doesn't care about the fair way though, I know you're always mr. nice guy and don't want to give any strong opinions but I think people have actually been very fair to him. The initial issue prior to this trade being made was whether or not we should stick to 4 keepers. The majority wanted 3 so it was decided at the end of the draft we were going with 3. He either didn't see it or thought it wasn't official (even though a quote was pulled up where RF said it was official). So after much back and forth banter, I forgot who said this but I think it was RF who said he was open to having a vote about whether we have that rule or not. He refused. RF asked him and FC to swap the players back, FC accepted, he refused. What more can you do? Tickle his balls and whisper sweet nothings into his ear?

Keep chirpin' with the lies. Love it.

Quote:

What's the penalty for? For making a trade that makes sense? By that logic, Funk's trade for Marco should have him keeping Marco, Shved and Gee (I know he dropped Marco). Since he traded for them even when he's out of the race. I guess we would have to go back and evaluate every single trade and force GMs to keep players if they make trades thinking about the future...
Old 01-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #834
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Are you planning on keeping Nene for next season with your 6th round pick?
Old 01-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #835
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Just of note, it's more than 1/3rd. (myself, Tabak, RF, Bokes, Kmart, Funk). If I make a trade that (at least) 5 people out of a 13 team league think should be vetoed, as far as i'm concerned I don't have a choice in the matter. If it was 1 or 2, then as he says it should be disregarded.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #836
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Quote:
Keep chirpin' with the lies. Love it.

Which part of what I said is a lie. If I find the quotes for everything I just said (which would be very easy unless you go back and delete it) then what?
Old 01-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #837
brwnman

Quote:
Are you planning on keeping Nene for next season with your 6th round pick?

It's one of my options, absolutely. I am waiting on see how Wall returns. Only guy that I'm almost 100% sure about keeping is D-Rose. For the other two spots, I have Asik, Wall and Nene as of now. (Ryan Anderson can be an option if I don't keep Wall; if I keep Wall I will have to pay 3rd round price for Anderson, not sure how willing I am to do that)...
Old 01-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #838
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak

Bottom line is, if FC wins the league it will be tainted victory, because of a suspect trade. Unless he's willing to do something about it, like trading Cousins back (which I don't see happening.), Second place will be the true champion.

Lets move on now.
This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter. I was surprised when FC willingly accepted RF's request. Not so surprised that Bman didn't. But it is what it is.

edit: I will add, all FC did is press the accept button. So due to the fact that he honored the request and made the attempt at sending him back I won't hold him accountable.

Last edited by bokes15 : 01-06-2013 at 07:42 PM.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #839
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Rapsfan has the biggest stake in this which has nothing to do with the integrity of the league (especially with a lot of the other trades that have been made not only this year but in the past); it all has to do with being in 2nd place and FC receiving Cousins (if it were anyone else, this wouldn't be a discussion; you better believe that)...

You're grasping at straws here. Did I force beast, kmart, bokes etc to continue to discuss this on my behalf or something? I doubt even FC believes this.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:19 AM   #840
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

A general question for those who were unaware that the rule change was being talked about prior to the draft, did you miss the commisioners note that was left before the draft started?

Quote:
Oct 5 5:17am
Before the draft gets started, I would like to propose a few rule changes to begin next season. I think we have too many keepers with 13 GMs. I suggest we change to 3 keepers next season for a total of 39. We are currently over 50 kept players. This should help the re-draft pool.

Also, undrafted players are currently round 11 which is too low. Every year guys emerge and become great fantasy players. The 11 th round keeper value is not in line at all with their production. I would suggest round 8 starting next year.

Post thoughts on forum or message board. Thanks!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: