Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #871
RapsFan
Great college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,696
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

^^^^ I assume one is me?

I don't think we've exchanged more then a couple trades all season, so maybe not. I definitely look at ranks because there is a forumla behind him, but it's only part of the story. Too many weird ranks to go by that.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #872
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops
 
lilbeastnani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chambs house
Posts: 3,037
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
^^^^ I assume one is me?

I don't think we've exchanged more then a couple trades all season, so maybe not. I definitely look at ranks because there is a forumla behind him, but it's only part of the story. Too many weird ranks to go by that.
Well, I would say the trades you've made are pretty big ones nonetheless.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #873
FCardelle
High School JV MVP
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 678
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Two important things about ranks:

1.If you don't fully understand ranks, don't even look at them. They will confuse you into bad trades.
2.You'll never win this league if you don't fully understand ranks. Never.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #874
FCardelle
High School JV MVP
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 678
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Ranks are useful big picture, or seeing a trend, but they are definitely an inexact science. Guys with low turnovers, or high 3s usually get a big ranking advantage which sometimes doesn't make sense.
That opinion is why I am pretty sure that I will win the league this season.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #875
RapsFan
Great college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,696
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
That opinion is why I am pretty sure that I will win the league this season.


It's a fact though. Low TOs will propell a guy to a higher rank then they should. That's for another disucssion entirely to be honest. I know TOs are a category, I just choose to not deal with them. Frankly I prefer 8 cat leagues...I have no idea why I set this up 9 cat. I don't think a guy like Lebron's value should be reduced because of Turnovers.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #876
FCardelle
High School JV MVP
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 678
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
It's a fact though. Low TOs will propell a guy to a higher rank then they should. That's for another disucssion entirely to be honest. I know TOs are a category, I just choose to not deal with them. Frankly I prefer 8 cat leagues...I have no idea why I set this up 9 cat. I don't think a guy like Lebron's value should be reduced because of Turnovers.
You will finish the season with 2 or 1 points in TOs. I let my TOs to grow, which I should't, and right now I have 4.5 points in TOs. I'll make sure that I finish the season with 6 or more points in TOs (that is why I'll trade Curry or Cousins, and I did Gee and Shved for Koufos). Considering we will get 10 or more points in all or almost all the other categories, those 5 points in TOs will likely decide the champion.
This is not gamesmanship (BTW, thank you for teaching me a new word )
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #877
RapsFan
Great college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,696
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
You will finish the season with 2 or 1 points in TOs. I let my TOs to grow, which I should't, and right now I have 4.5 points in TOs. I'll make sure that I finish the season with 6 or more points in TOs (that is why I'll trade Curry or Cousins, and I did Gee and Shved for Koufos). Considering we will get 10 or more points in all or almost all the other categories, those 5 points in TOs will likely decide the champion.
This is not gamesmanship (BTW, thank you for teaching me a new word )

I don't disagree. And gamesmanship doesn't apply here. Wrong context. You'll learn.

This is unrelated to your team and my team, I just don't like a system where say Jrue Holiday is ranked under George Hill where Indy would give their left nut to have Jrue as their PG over Hill. Without TOs, Jrue has top 20 value and with TOs, like top 60.

I also don't like a category that rewards inactivity. You can actually get more fantasy points by not participating, which can impact the league.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #878
Zan Tabak
Only the finest
 
Zan Tabak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: -lll──lll-
Posts: 3,860
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

FC sent you a trade offer. Do the right thing, be a man!
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #879
bokes15
Playoffs!
 
bokes15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 9,282
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I also don't like a category that rewards inactivity. You can actually get more fantasy points by not participating, which can impact the league.
I full agree to that part of it. The TO category is almost always skewed because the people with the least participation are more often than not leading the category. Currently the exception to the rule being RCW, other than that, everyone else from 7th place down to 13th are leading the TO category in points. So it's not necessarily that the teams on the top are higher TO teams than everyone else, in part they play the most games.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #880
FCardelle
High School JV MVP
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 678
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I don't disagree. And gamesmanship doesn't apply here. Wrong context. You'll learn.
This would be gamesmanship if I tried to confuse you into making bad moves to compensate for your high TOs and lose points in other categories. Wouldn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I also don't like a category that rewards inactivity. You can actually get more fantasy points by not participating, which can impact the league.
But that adds a lot of strategy to the league. We have to beat teams that play 10-20% less games than they could. TOs is the only category where we are really a 13 teams league

Last edited by FCardelle : 01-09-2013 at 04:32 PM.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #881
FCardelle
High School JV MVP
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 678
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
FC sent you a trade offer. Do the right thing, be a man!
But I would't trade Nene for Ilyasova to start with

I'd do it if it were a commissioner decision.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #882
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!
 
Chamberlain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cape Breton Island
Posts: 4,242
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

kmart, again, REALLY solid offer, but I'm gonna need to take some time to think about it. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:22 AM   #883
kmart
No props needed
 
kmart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,069
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

That price for K Love might be a bit high there...

EDIT: At least throw in a player of Nene's calibre Raps
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:41 AM   #884
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops
 
lilbeastnani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chambs house
Posts: 3,037
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

He already snagged Anthony Davis from Funk.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:32 AM   #885
FCardelle
High School JV MVP
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 678
Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
He already snagged Anthony Davis from Funk.
Rapsfan got Anthony Davis, Jeff Teague and Robin Lopez for absolutely NO VALUE

I want to veto that trade!!!

FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:38 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy