Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #916
RapsFan
Great college starter

Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Borderline? It's far surpassed ridiculous ...it's become ludicrous!

I agree, and also with bokes about the $$. I just want a competetive league. Don't know the solution.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:28 PM   #917
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I agree, and also with bokes about the $$. I just want a competetive league. Don't know the solution.
I have some ideas ..will pm you I get home
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #918
bokes15
Playoffs!

Scrapping keepers would be a drastic move, but at the same time genereally this league is only competitive top to bottom 1/3rd of the season or sometimes a little more than that but never into February. So once teams are out of it they just pretty much give their guys away in lopsided deals to the most persistent "win-now" player in order to get guys they want to keep, like this deal that just went down as an example. I''m not sure how to remedy that, I feel like it's kind of always been that way. It's just gotten worse this season.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #919
FCardelle
High School JV MVP

Quote:
I will approve the trade, but this is getting out of hand. I don't know the solutions, but I feel like scrapping the entire keeper aspect and just go back to redraft.

kmart is a good GM, and maybe FC just negotiated his way to this deal, but it's not even close to fair. Jennings vs Curry is at best a slight win for Curry, but factor in Curry's durability issues (out indefinitely with ankle - shocker), then I'd say it's equal. Jennings on top of it all is a 3rd round keeper next year vs Curry in the 2nd round. So that deal straight up is fair. Oh yeah, to 'sweeten' the deal, kmart gives FC Wade for boarderline waiver Splitter. Queue FC praising Splitter's last 2 weeks.

All taking place Jan 17th.....
Please, distinguish when you are writing as a manager and as the commisioner. And stop talking nonsense as the commisioner. Thank you.

And please, approve the trade as soon as possible, so I can start further negotiations, thank you.

Last edited by FCardelle : 01-17-2013 at 05:10 PM.
FCardelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #920
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCardelle
Please, distinguish when you are writing as a manager and as the commisioner. And stop talking nonsense as the commisioner. Thank you.

And please, approve the trade as soon as possible, so I can start further negotiations, thank you.

love how it's still not approved. You were robbed 2 of Demarcus' monster games. Yet his own trade, he does it in a hurry. That whole Love trade was insanely lopsided, but no discussions on that. But if it's a trade involving you, they must have a discussion cause you must have put a gun to kmart's head to make him accept that trade.

This league's a joke and clearly rigged as far as this season is concerned...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #921
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
love how it's still not approved. You were robbed 2 of Demarcus' monster games. Yet his own trade, he does it in a hurry. That whole Love trade was insanely lopsided, but no discussions on that. But if it's a trade involving you, they must have a discussion cause you must have put a gun to kmart's head to make him accept that trade.

I agree that RapsFan's trade was lopsided. But the FC/Kmart trade is off the hook lopsided!....There is varying degrees of lopsidedness. This league has always had crazy trades but this year has be ridiculous.

IMO This latest trade is even worse than your Nene/Cousins trade.

As far as the league being 'rigged' I can't agree, cause I know I don't want RapsFan to win and I'm sure all the other managers don't either. I just wish the managers were a little/alot more responsible when it comes to trades.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:33 PM   #922
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
I agree that RapsFan's trade was lopsided. But the FC/Kmart trade is off the hook lopsided!....There is varying degrees of lopsidedness. This league has always had crazy trades but this year has be ridiculous.

IMO This latest trade is even worse than your Nene/Cousins trade.

As far as the league being 'rigged' I can't agree, cause I know I don't want RapsFan to win and I'm sure all the other managers don't either. I just wish the managers were a little/alot more responsible when it comes to trades.

When a manager is making a deal, they have certain goals in my mind and obviously every manager views each player differently. A manager looking for 3s may pay a little more if he has rebounding to spare, so he may end up giving a better big just for the purpose of getting 3s.

Also, due to the fact that this is a keeper league, a lot of managers will look towards next year, so players that carry no value beyond the year, they will become expendable. Also, to say something like Steph Curry = Jennings, that's laughable. Yes, Curry is injured and his injury risk is real. However Mark Jackson said last night he doesn't expect his injury to last more than a couple of games and neither did the doctors when he spoke to them.

As far as the Nene trade, I have nothing more to say. FC was screwed in that whole ordeal the way I look at it and it was an issue because the trade was done with FC. Had it been anyone else, there would be no issue. No one would have made a fuss about it. I said it back then for anyone who wants to send me a better offer, I'm all ears; no one did and still hasn't. Just goes to prove my point...
Old 01-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #923
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:

I can't be online 24/7. Depending on the office I'm at, I can't access the pool site. I was able to painfully type a message via my phone today. Relax. I've approved every trade this year almost instantly. When I'm doing a deal, I am usually sending deals back and forth, therefore usually online.

The deal with Love, I got 2 guys that play basically 22 mins a night. Teague before the last couple of games was basically a corpse on the floor.

Also, FC didn't lose any games with Counsins. It was vetoed and he gained a few freebies while waiting to find out how to reverse it.

If you think the league is a joke, I am sure we can find a replacement in about 5 minutes, your call.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #924
kmart
No props needed

You can reverse the trade if you wish. For me this season is done, ill still play but I'm all for next season. I feel Curry is just the best player for me going forward. Yeah I might've overpaid, but ever since FC got Durant this season was gone. At a second round pick Curry isn't that bad, he's played all the games this season except for one. Maybe this league shouldn't be a keeper league anymore, it just isn't fair when Durant, Paul, and Lebron are kept year after year.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:30 PM   #925
RapsFan
Great college starter

brwnman you're dellusional if you think the majority of the league was against the deal and then those that we on the fence, jumped to the veto side after you dropped Nene a few days later...because they were all fighting for me to overtake FC for the title.

It's funny how you are commenting on Jennings for Curry as it was an 1 for 1 deal.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:38 PM   #926
kmart
No props needed

I think we are on the point where we need to redraft with a new set of rules. Allow for only one keeper, which cannot be from round one, this league needs a clean slate in order to make it competitive again.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #927
RapsFan
Great college starter

Again for me personally, I think the league rules are fine. I think lowering the keepers will have a drastic impact on things. It's just that some of the trades being done are brutal and I don't know how that is fixed.

Personally, my opinion is to do what the 'Premier' league does in the fantasy site. They kick out GMs. The bottom X number of GMs are on the chopping block and they have to apply to get a spot back. With 13 teams, we could put the bottom 3 on the chopping block and go from there.

So, if someone wants to make a bonehead deal, they better remain competetive or they could be out. Similarly if you want to blame injuries, you better decide to cut bait on guys if you want to remain competetive.

I don't think anyone should be against this. I'd rather see more deals made to try and win and less for keeper purposes. Lowering the amount of keepers helps that, but risk of leaving pool will also.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:03 PM   #928
brwnman

Quote:
It's funny how you are commenting on Jennings for Curry as it was an 1 for 1 deal.

It's more funny that you think Jennings = Curry

and as for your suggestion, what's the point of a keeper league if the teams at the bottom can't look towards next year?

Quote:
it just isn't fair when Durant, Paul, and Lebron are kept year after year.

I have been saying that. Guys like Lebron, Durant, etc. won't be in the drafting pool until they're done/out. There is no strategy involved in keeping Durant, because you know none of the other top guys will be available.

Quote:
The deal with Love, I got 2 guys that play basically 22 mins a night. Teague before the last couple of games was basically a corpse on the floor.

You traded him Love (could be gone for upto 2 months), Henderson (borderline waiver) and Seraphin (waiver pick up)

for

Jeff Teague (32.4mpg)
Anthony Davis (29.5mpg)
Robin Lopez (26mpg)

exactly who from this bunch plays 22 mpg?

Quote:
Also, FC didn't lose any games with Counsins. It was vetoed and he gained a few freebies while waiting to find out how to reverse it.
lost 2 monster games because of matchups. Reversed, because you needed reason to rig it. There is/was so many lies/assumptions that were made during that whole ordeal...
Old 01-17-2013, 11:09 PM   #929
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:

Jeff Teague (32.4mpg)
Anthony Davis (29.5mpg)
Robin Lopez (26mpg)

exactly who from this bunch plays 22 mpg?

lost 2 monster games because of matchups. Reversed, because you needed reason to rig it. There is/was so many lies/assumptions that were made during that whole ordeal...

I didn't say Teague, but Lopez and Davis have avg'd 24 mins per this month...I was off by 2 mins.

You sound childish and foolish when talking about the league being rigged.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:42 PM   #930
brwnman

Quote:

You sound childish and foolish when talking about the league being rigged.

That's exactly how I felt when everyone was making up sh*t about the trade.

Quote:
I didn't say Teague, but Lopez and Davis have avg'd 24 mins per this month...I was off by 2 mins.

Which means they were averaging even more mpg before you made the trade. I like how you use selective stats the same way FC would...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: