Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #991
RapsFan
Great college starter

Default Re: Raps Forum Keeper League Season Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
I'm just hoping that the majority of those things being thrown out there right now (minus of course the waiver thing) will not be put into effect next season since those ones are being discussed mid season.

Some rules certainly make sense to wait, or it's fair to wait. I am fine with that. I think it's been discussed at length moving to 3 keepers going into next season. Obviously the bottom 3 this year are safe. As for the 1st round keeper thing....does that mean you can keep CP this next year, and then the next year? Or just next year?
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #992
bokes15
Playoffs!

To me if that rule goes into effect say, the season after next, it should only effect players that are being kept for the first time that season or being drafted that season. Rather than say someone keeps a first rounder once before the rule is put into play and then forced to drop them the following year.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #993
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

I just want the league to go to 3 keepers and back to the old waiver system next season. That's it.

To make rules to stop players from making bone head trades just isn't going to work. It will complicate things even more. We just have to hope that Managers will use their brains when making trades in the future.

I also would like to see managers be more competitive and actually try to win. Remember you can have good keepers and still win. I've found that half the battle in this league is just simply getting your 'games played' in. You'd be surprised where you would sit in the standings just based off that. This is also why I like the 3 keeper rule, it takes less emphasis having keepers and puts more on 'having a good draft' ,waiver wire pick ups, and trades.

Anyway that's my take on it. I know there are those who disagree.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #994
bokes15
Playoffs!

^^ I understand and agree with your take on everything. I just think the first part of your post is very easy to do. The 2nd part is more complicated which is probably why RF is trying to figure out some rules to help things along to promote more competitiveness and more activity among the bottom managers.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #995
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
^^ I understand and agree with your take on everything. I just think the first part of your post is very easy to do. The 2nd part is more complicated which is probably why RF is trying to figure out some rules to help things along to promote more competitiveness and more activity among the bottom managers.
Activity I don't really see as a problem. I can honestly say most if not all the managers are active in this league.

Competitiveness, well that's a different story. This side comes from the manager himself. I personally don't think a rule is going to 'encourage that. IMO Managers have to rid themselves of the ''I have to get good keepers and I'm ready to trade away the farm to get them'' mentality. I think having only 3 keepers might make a dent in that.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #996
bokes15
Playoffs!

I see the potential for it to go both ways. On one hand you could say that it would force managers to have more of a win now mentality. On the other hand, the "maybe next year" managers might just take their 3 keepers and sit on them for the year once out of the running because of less incentives to make more trades. But like I said I do understand your suggestion for simplicity purposes.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #997
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I am not asking anyone to leave. Just stating the obvious that if they aren't happy with the league or my being commissioner, they are welcome to leave, something you've stated a few times with brwnman.
Brwnman said the league was rigged, that's why I said he could leave if he feels that way. If I thought I was participating in a rigged league, i'd find another league. All I said was that you've been the participant in deals that were heavily in your favor. Doesn't mean I think it's rigged, it takes 2 people to make those deals and the other participant believed it was fair or to their benefit when the deal was made. I just feel that as a whole the integrity of the system has been compromised and it needs to be revamped. Doesn't mean i'm saying you're a horrible commisioner. But I think most aren't that happy with all the drama and problems that have gone on this season, not just me. And i'd rather than instead of saying "if you don't like it, there's the door" you'd say "ok fair enough, this is what i'm doing to rectify it."
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #998
RapsFan
Great college starter

Thanks Zan and bokese for your comments. I also think the 3 keepers is a big change that should have a good impact. Bokes is correct in that the bottom 3 and only keeping 1st rounders once are a few other items that might 'help'...but who knows if it will. I've never been one who has been upset that the top guys are always kept, because they have changed hands so many times. But many in the league have, so that's where I thought of the rule to only keep them once.

Beast - I hear what you're saying. I guess I've felt I have countless times said "here's what I think we should do to rectify X, Y and Z." If people are still bitching, or going as far as to suggest I am making league rules because they somehow benefit myself, then the league is awful or rigged and they should leave.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:02 PM   #999
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

Once again, I don't think the league is rigged. And in fact, I think the very notion that it is rigged is ridiculous. Brwnman made that up so he could rally some troops in thinking that his Nene trade was legit and that you reversed it only because you didn't want FC to beat you. Which as you already know I find to be extremely far fetched.

Now that that's off the table, onto the issue of rules. I like the rule of 3 keepers instead of 4 and agree that it would have a big impact on the league. I kind of find the hot seat idea to be a good one as well. Because to me that would be something that discourages tanking at least somewhat. The only thing with that is how is it decided which of the bottom 3 stays or goes or if all stay or what?
Old 01-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #1000
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

And how about a minimum amount of games played rule? Like lets say you look over the prior years with the exception of the shortened lockout season and pick a reasonable number of overall games played that each player must reach for the year?
Old 01-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #1001
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Once again, I don't think the league is rigged. And in fact, I think the very notion that it is rigged is ridiculous. Brwnman made that up so he could rally some troops in thinking that his Nene trade was legit and that you reversed it only because you didn't want FC to beat you. Which as you already know I find to be extremely far fetched.

Now that that's off the table, onto the issue of rules. I like the rule of 3 keepers instead of 4 and agree that it would have a big impact on the league. I kind of find the hot seat idea to be a good one as well. Because to me that would be something that discourages tanking at least somewhat. The only thing with that is how is it decided which of the bottom 3 stays or goes or if all stay or what?

To me you just base that on if they are still active or not.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #1002
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
And how about a minimum amount of games played rule? Like lets say you look over the prior years with the exception of the shortened lockout season and pick a reasonable number of overall games played that each player must reach for the year?

This should be so easy but it always amazes me the guys that people hang onto for so long. If you're otherwise healthy and keeping pace in games, or it's early then it's fine. But if you're falling behind then it doesn't make sense.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #1003
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

I do understand that once you pass a certain point of the season, if you're 40 points behind you aren't gonna have a lot of motivation to continue setting your rosters everyday. But making some sort of reasonable number, maybe guys will at least make sure to set their rosters early on for a little more competition. Just a suggestion.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:19 PM   #1004
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
I do understand that once you pass a certain point of the season, if you're 40 points behind you aren't gonna have a lot of motivation to continue setting your rosters everyday. But making some sort of reasonable number, maybe guys will at least make sure to set their rosters early on for a little more competition. Just a suggestion.

Even behind by 40 points, it should be a given you set your roster. If you don't, and you're in the bottom 3 then you might be in trouble.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:34 PM   #1005
bokes15
Playoffs!

Just an idea i'm throwing out there (i've already asked RF about it). If need be, either now or in the future, maybe we could make a seperate thread to discuss rules and such because for one it seems this season has been overtaken by discussing more about rules than about the game, the season, potential deals, etc.... And also if we had an official rules thread we could have all those discussions in there. Everyone would be clear on what's official and what isn't to avoid future disputes on that type of thing. Just seeing what others think.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: