Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #16
LikeABosh
Banned

LikeABosh is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: What's your mile time on a good day?

I was running 5:10-5:15 miles back in highschool when I had great conditioning and ran alot. Not sure if I can even run a 6something min. mile these days.
LikeABosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:45 AM   #17
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Velocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation here

About 40 seconds. You all seem to drive far too slow.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:13 AM   #18
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Never tried running the distance, though I'm sure I'd be able to run under 6 minutes easily.
I know I've run 2km in 7:20 or so in the first 2 of a 10k race, so that would make me capable of running the mile in a good time.
But I'm more into longer distances.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #19
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this boardBalla_Status is popular on this board

Best time ever was 5:45 in 7th grade. The last 300 meters I was flying...I don't know what got in me. I was regularly getting between 6:00-6:15.

Now? Probably between 6:30-7:30. Stepping up the exercise though...
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #20
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercode green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I ran track in high school, my fastest mile was 5:13. Right now, I'm hovering around 7:30.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #21
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

if you're in high school, around 5:00 is fairly respectable. 4:30 is competitive, you win most races. 4:20, you're probably the league champ or close to it. 4:10 is probably state champion. around 4:00, dude, you're on your own island and probably have olympic dreams.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #22
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

5:15
4.76 40 yd
35" three step vert.

Long legs and big lungs are the key, baby.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #23
Doctor Rivers
Good college starter

Doctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat cool

ran 4:08 four years ago
Doctor Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #24
Doctor Rivers
Good college starter

Doctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL
if you're in high school, around 5:00 is fairly respectable. 4:30 is competitive, you win most races. 4:20, you're probably the league champ or close to it. 4:10 is probably state champion. around 4:00, dude, you're on your own island and probably have olympic dreams.

while running around 4 flat is pretty damned fast, you really need to be in the mid to low 3:50s to have a chance of making the us olympic team
Old 10-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #25
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers
while running around 4 flat is pretty damned fast, you really need to be in the mid to low 3:50s to have a chance of making the us olympic team
He said high school. High school record mile is 3:53.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #26
Doctor Rivers
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
He said high school. High school record mile is 3:53.

whooops
Old 10-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #27
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
whooops
Did you run in uni? what were some of your other times?
Old 10-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #28
Doctor Rivers
Good college starter

yeah, my other PRs aren't nearly as fast... 1:56 800m, 8:30 3k, low 15s 5K
Old 10-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #29
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

Quote:
yeah, my other PRs aren't nearly as fast... 1:56 800m, 8:30 3k, low 15s 5K
Yeah the mile is definitely the best but they are all solid. Kudos.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #30
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

Quote:

4:00 AS A HIGH SCHOOLER! dude, only one guy has ran under 4:00 in the high school mile in the last 40 years. he owns the american record now.

if you're in high school and running sub 4:00, you're faster than 99.9999 high schoolers ever all-time.

talking about HIGH SCHOOL level.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: