Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #46
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What's your mile time on a good day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Thats pretty good for a white guy . Cool stuff.

I remember a select group from my team traveled to Sacramento for a big meet and I was the only white guy in the fastest heat. My friends got a kick out of it because of how easy it was to spot me.

Also remember a group of black sprinters making me "An Honorary Member of the Black Community" when I beat a bunch of them while wearing pink corn rows. I got pulled over by the cops for the first time in my life that night.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #47
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I remember a select group from my team traveled to Sacramento for a big meet and I was the only white guy in the fastest heat. My friends got a kick out of it because of how easy it was to spot me.

Also remember a group of black sprinters making me "An Honorary Member of the Black Community" when I beat a bunch of them while wearing pink corn rows. I got pulled over by the cops for the first time in my life that night.
That visual is too much
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #48
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
That visual is too much

I'll help you with the visual:

Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #49
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
I'll help you with the visual:

TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #50
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Haven't timed my one mile in years. I just started running again recently and ran my first 5K last week. With all these five minute milers I'm too ashamed to post my time

...but I'll just assume I can run in the neighborhood of an 8:30 mile
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:50 AM   #51
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gotta run 4x1500 tomorrow, so I guess I'll have a good mile time (will record with Endomondo).
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:37 AM   #52
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My best was probably just under 7. I hated running the mile. Kudos to those who are sub 6 let alone the sub 5's.
IcanzIIravor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #53
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this board

I used to run alot, now my only exercise is from my sofa to the fridge to get a cold one...
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #54
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Now I know what it feels like to be the guy on the outside looking in of those "What's your vert" and "Can you dunk" threads. I'm seeing all these sub 6 minute times and I almost feel like it'd be offensive to share mine.

I know this will come out as being unrealistic and unlikely, but I swear I'm actually relatively fast in comparison to most people my age (28). While playing basketball, I'm usually able to play at a high and quick level for an extended period of time. I have a friend who played pro baseball for a while who'd often lose energy on the floor well before I did. Yet, when that same friend and I got together to run a mile or a few outside, that guy would literally be running circles around me. He'd distance himself, then he'd double back, circle me, then go forward again. There's just something about continuous distance running than feels so torturous, even in comparison to any type of sprinting I'm doing on the basketball court.

Anyway, I informally timed myself in a mile trot today. I finished in just around 7 minutes on the dot. It was actually a lot better than I thought it'd be, considering I haven't been able to run a ton lately due to a small injury. I'm actually kind of proud of it.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:53 PM   #55
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Haha definitely over 7 minute mark. I think my best ever was 6:30. I've always been more of a sprinter (albeit not a good one) since I used to do okay in school. That was back in Pakistan though. I have no clue what my times were, but I was definitely a better sprinter than a mile runner.
nightprowler10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #56
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

∞.
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: