Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #16
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Write it Down: The Fix is In, Tebow to start vs. Colts

Sanchez will continue to be the QB. Too much money invested in him. Still can't believe this is his 4th year because it's hard to say how much he's improved since his first year.

Tebow would of never had the luxury of having a job with 4 average years. Funny how Tebow has only started 3/4 of a season and even has a playoff win on a team that was expected to go nowhere but he couldn't even get a job as a starter this year, yet a bum like Sanchez not only has had 4 years to start but was given huge money. The power of the media.......

Last edited by ALBballer : 10-02-2012 at 09:57 PM.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #17
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It doesn't matter who they start.

Both will lose their job to whoever they draft.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #18
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Sanchez will continue to be the QB. Too much money invested in him. Still can't believe this is his 4th year because it's hard to say how much he's improved since his first year.

Tebow would of never had the luxury of having a job with 4 average years. Funny how Tebow has only started 3/4 of a season and even has a playoff win on a team that was expected to go nowhere but he couldn't even get a job as a starter this year, yet a bum like Sanchez not only has had 4 years to start but was given huge money. The power of the media.......
You're saying Tebow should be given the chance to start, note Sanchez went to the AFC championship game both years. He had more success than Tebow in his first year, not less.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:07 PM   #19
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
You're saying Tebow should be given the chance to start, note Sanchez went to the AFC championship game both years. He had more success than Tebow in his first year, not less.

Sanchez was horrible his rookie season and he almost cost them a playoff appearance with his horrible play. If they had a competent QB they would've won 3-4 games that season. I remember Sanchez just losing them games with turnovers that year. His second season he was average at best and was a subpar game manager. However, he did play well in the playoffs.

But Tebow had a more direct impact with the Broncos success than Sanchez ever did with NY imo. The W-L record with Tebow in the lineup and Tebow's late game heroics is the primary reason.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:27 AM   #20
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Sanchez was horrible his rookie season and he almost cost them a playoff appearance with his horrible play. If they had a competent QB they would've won 3-4 games that season. I remember Sanchez just losing them games with turnovers that year. His second season he was average at best and was a subpar game manager. However, he did play well in the playoffs.

But Tebow had a more direct impact with the Broncos success than Sanchez ever did with NY imo. The W-L record with Tebow in the lineup and Tebow's late game heroics is the primary reason.

Denver's defense kept them in games the same way the Jets D did for Sanchez. When the defenses aren't stout they get blown out. Sanchez should be happy to give the reigns to Tebow for a few games and collect a paycheck. Not like the team is going to win with either guy under center.
IcanzIIravor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #21
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer

The Broncos beat up on poor teams and got crushed whenever they faced a good team with Tebow at QB (OK, I'll give him credit for the playoff win, though). Too much romanticizing of Tebow going on. But, we all knew this would happen. If Sanchez wasn't playing well, then the Tebow talk was going to crank up.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #22
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The problem with Tebow is the team has to be built in this certain way that leaves practically zero room for error. When you build a team,the thought is to build a team that gives you the best chance to win, not build a team that has to win 10-9 every game and then maybe get lucky, in order to fit a QB who can hit about 40% of his passes. And if Young, Gruden, etc. are to be believed, he's not working on redesigning his throwing motion any more, he's jsut trying to get better with the way he throws now, which to me seems unlikely at best.

Doesn't make sense to me. That run with Denver was fun as hell but a bunch of lucky things happened (the bears game stands out) and he actually lost the game they needed to get into the playoffs and backed in.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #23
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
If Sanchez wasn't playing well, then the Tebow talk was going to crank up.

There's a difference between not playing well and what Sanchez has delivered. He's posting Tebow-esque passing stats and looks as bad as he has at any time since his rookie season.

It would be ridiculous to argue that it's a good situation for either. But they've got a team that can't run and two QB who can't throw. They'd be fools not to try the one who can run.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #24
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
The problem with Tebow is the team has to be built in this certain way that leaves practically zero room for error. When you build a team,the thought is to build a team that gives you the best chance to win, not build a team that has to win 10-9 every game and then maybe get lucky, in order to fit a QB who can hit about 40% of his passes. And if Young, Gruden, etc. are to be believed, he's not working on redesigning his throwing motion any more, he's jsut trying to get better with the way he throws now, which to me seems unlikely at best.

Doesn't make sense to me. That run with Denver was fun as hell but a bunch of lucky things happened (the bears game stands out) and he actually lost the game they needed to get into the playoffs and backed in.
We have yet to see what a team built around Tebow would look like to be saying this. If you're entering the season as the #2 QB they aren't building the roster with you in mind. The Jets weren't built with any QB in mind, maybe not even offense. They don't have a line and fail both protecting the pass as well as blocking for the run, and then they don't have stud RBs or a real receiver corp. That's how you form a unit that scores 0. They're really just set up to fail but if any thought went into bringing in Tebow it wasn't to get a new punt protector (I'm sure he's making a massive difference on special teams ) it was that if he replaces Sanchez he can lead clutch drives if the D keeps it close.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #25
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
We have yet to see what a team built around Tebow would look like to be saying this. If you're entering the season as the #2 QB they aren't building the roster with you in mind. The Jets weren't built with any QB in mind, maybe not even offense. They don't have a line and fail both protecting the pass as well as blocking for the run, and then they don't have stud RBs or a real receiver corp. That's how you form a unit that scores 0. They're really just set up to fail but if any thought went into bringing in Tebow it wasn't to get a new punt protector (I'm sure he's making a massive difference on special teams ) it was that if he replaces Sanchez he can lead clutch drives if the D keeps it close.
i actually don't have a problem with Tebow starting this season, i just think long term Sanchez is at least possible and i don't think Tebow is. I just think of my team (the Giants) and how easily we could stop a Tebow led offense with the speed on our line and by scheming against him. Could a team be built around him? My question is why would someone try?
Old 10-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #26
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
i actually don't have a problem with Tebow starting this season, i just think long term Sanchez is at least possible and i don't think Tebow is. I just think of my team (the Giants) and how easily we could stop a Tebow led offense with the speed on our line and by scheming against him. Could a team be built around him? My question is why would someone try?

Conversely, why would you try to build a team around a career 55% passer who lacks running ability and whose leadership has been questioned at various times throughout his career?

I've heard the playoff argument, but it rings hollow when the player has shown no improvement and the other guy has more recent playoff success, with a team that few would argue had less talent than last year's Jets. He also came out the winner in their only head-to-head matchup.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #27
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Conversely, why would you try to build a team around a career 55% passer who lacks running ability and whose leadership has been questioned at various times throughout his career?

I've heard the playoff argument, but it rings hollow when the player has shown no improvement and the other guy has more recent playoff success, with a team that few would argue had less talent than last year's Jets. He also came out the winner in their only head-to-head matchup.
i wouldn't have brought Tebow in personally. The Jets want to play it close to the vest but have Sanchez occasionally try to pass. He hasn't been good, but they have a substandard line, a weak receiving core, and a terrible RB. Bringing him back and judging him to lack improvement is not suprising, he has worse tools around him. Tebow will do better because he can run around and the line is shit, but he's not winning many games here either.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:22 AM   #28
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
There's a difference between not playing well and what Sanchez has delivered. He's posting Tebow-esque passing stats and looks as bad as he has at any time since his rookie season.

It would be ridiculous to argue that it's a good situation for either. But they've got a team that can't run and two QB who can't throw. They'd be fools not to try the one who can run.

Well, they are 2-2. It's not like they're 0-4. Though, with their injuries and situation I'm not sure it matters who is at QB. I don't think you give up on your QB this early in the season. Give him 2 more games at least.

Last edited by Jackass18 : 10-04-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:31 AM   #29
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

I think Ryan is just scared to do it. Once you go with Tebow, its a done deal.

Why is Tebow even on the Jets? Its so funny that they brought him in and dont seem to have any real plan on what to do with him..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:19 AM   #30
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

the best way to do it is obviously lie to the media and say sanchez has some sort of injury going on. its the only way they can save face with sanchez and have tebow start. and if he doesnt pan out, they still have sanchez ready to play 'healed' from his 'injury'. the only factor if sanchez will be trustable keeping a lie for the jets.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: