Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 11-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #16
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: New Raptor Kyle Lowry brings 'bulldog' mentality to team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn
He was jumping on a diagonal though, that's how I rolled my foot bad once, foot is still screwed up in the middle to this day. He was jumping competing against a way larger player too, both these contributing factors coming from trying way too hard/playing too aggressive/frantic.

It doesn't matter how you jump, if you are in the paint going for a rebound (which we should have our 4 and 5's doing), there is a good chance of rolling your ankle.....especially when crowded with size 17-18 feet....
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #17
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Grey Dawn has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Low
It doesn't matter how you jump, if you are in the paint going for a rebound (which we should have our 4 and 5's doing), there is a good chance of rolling your ankle.....especially when crowded with size 17-18 feet....

Sure always a chance, but if you land under the rim 3 feet from where you took off you have less control over what's going tube under your feet
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:28 AM   #18
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/11/07...le-not-too-bad

Quote:
DALLAS - Kyle Lowry’s ankle injury is a low ankle sprain, not a dreaded high ankle sprain.

That means the injury, suffered Tuesday, isn’t as bad as it appeared to be at first glance.

Lowry was on the trainer’s table, getting treatment, prior to Toronto’s game Wednesday in Dallas.

When Lowry got hurt during training camp, he tried to convince Toronto’s staff to put him back in immediately. They didn’t listen and he was rested until he returned to 100%.

Head coach Dwane Casey expects Lowry to try the same thing this time around.

“Knowing Kyle, he’ll get back as soon as he can,” Casey said.

Especially since Toronto’s next game is against Lowry’s hometown Philadelphia 76ers on Saturday night at the ACC.

However, the wise thing to do would be to hold Lowry out for a bit longer, since the last thing he or the team needs is a lingering injury. Few injuries stick around longer than ankle sprains.

Casey said the Raptors will still try to be a pick-and-roll type of team with Jose Calderon starting for Lowry.

“We’re not mature enough to change (the offence) midstream (to compensate for Lowry’s absence),” Casey said.

I'm guessing he'll be out for the week ?

Would be crazy if he played on Saturday.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #19
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That's good. And that's why Lowry reminds me of Chris Paul. Obviously a much lesser version of him but the same type of style, attitude, and toughness. As said, no need to rush him back. It's not like we're a playoff level team.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #20
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

The pace this guy sets and is currently playing at, if he stays with the raptors from here on out, I can see him being the best player in franchise history. A heart and soul team kind of player that is a leader. (Never had one of those).
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #21
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...891 56&spln=1

Quote:
Kyle Lowry: Kyle Lowry, Landry Fields out Monday night
Kyle Lowry - G - TOR - Nov. 12 - 11:28 am et

Kyle Lowry (ankle) and Landry Fields (hand) will both miss Monday night's game against the Jazz.

Lowry's ankle still has not healed enough to the point where he can practice. Both Lowry and Fields went for testing on their respective injuries but nothing conclusive has been revealed yet. Alan Anderson, who replaced Fields in the lineup Saturday night, will also sit with a sprained ankle.

Nov. 12 - 11:28 am et

Lowry, Fields, and Anderson all out tonight.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #22
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...891 56&spln=1

Lowry, Fields, and Anderson all out tonight.

Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #23
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Let Kleiza play atleast he will score and make layups lol.
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #24
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

This team is unwatchable without Lowry
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:29 AM   #25
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo
This team is unwatchable without Lowry
And the most exciting game of the past 2 seasons happens hours after you say that.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:41 AM   #26
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
And the most exciting game of the past 2 seasons happens hours after you say that.

They sure proved me wrong! Props to Demar for putting the team on his back. Was most definitely his best game in the NBA.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:48 AM   #27
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo

They sure proved me wrong! Props to Demar for putting the team on his back. Was most definitely his best game in the NBA.
Yeah, as someone who has been critical of Demar and his contract even I have to admit he has stepped it up. Best game i've ever seen him play by far.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:58 AM   #28
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Lowry to miss another week or two. Anderson out for an estimated 3 to 6 weeks.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/rapt...5756--nba.html

Quote:
TORONTO - Toronto Raptors guard Kyle Lowry is expected to be sidelined for another one to two weeks after being diagnosed with a bruised cuboid bone in his right foot.

Lowry's prognosis was among a flurry of injury news the Raptors announced Thursday.

Guard-forward Landry Fields underwent surgery on his ulnar nerve in his right elbow Wednesday in New York. Fields had been suffering from tenderness in his right hand. he will be reassessed in two weeks.

And guard-forward Alan Anderson will be out as estimated three to six weeks with a partially torn plantar fascia in his left foot. He is estimated to be out for three to six weeks.

Lowry has already missed four games after suffering the injury Nov. 6 at Oklahoma City.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/11/16...through-injury

Quote:
TORONTO - The Raptors are protecting Kyle Lowry from himself.

The point guard’s fierce, competitive nature and desire to play through pain is making his absence difficult to deal with.

Lowry has missed the past four games and will miss at least the next four as well due to an ankle injury he aggravated earlier this month in Oklahoma City.

The team revealed Thursday that Lowry would miss another one to two weeks and the guard admitted on Friday that he was a little bit surprised with the decision.

“To be honest, yeah, very surprised and very shocked, but you know it’s day-by-day, we’ve got a great training staff, we’ve got guys, they want to protect me and make sure I get back to 100%, that’s the reasoning for that,” Lowry said.

The Villanova product said his ankle is feeling much better, which is why the team needs to tell him to slow down.

“Yeah, yeah, definitely, I definitely can say that,” Lowry said when asked whether he needed the team to step in and make sure he didn’t return too soon. Lowry said he’s not good at being patient.

Lowry was leading the Raptors in scoring, assists and steals when he went down and the team has gone 1-4 in his absence, including the Thunder game, which was already looking like a blowout when he got hurt.

Lowry has been frustrated often by injuries over the course of his career.

Last season, while with Houston, he missed games due to a sports hernia and a bacterial infection. He has also missed a handful of games due to injury in all but one of his pro seasons and going way back, had a minor ACL injury as a freshman at Villanova and missed most of his rookie season with Memphis after breaking his wrist following a nasty fall.

So, he’s been through this before. What does he need to do from here?

“Just come back happy. Just come back trying to do the things I was doing. It’s only a minor setback. It won’t kill me, but it will hurt me,” Lowry said.

No fan of media scrums, Lowry mixed in smiles and jokes at Friday’s session, a good sign that he is in the right frame of mind, despite his disappointment.

Lowry was traveling most of the day last Tuesday, so he missed Toronto’s stirring win over Indiana, which featured a not-so-stirring five-point fourth quarter, an all-time low for the Raptors.

“I didn’t see the game. I hear it was a great fourth quarter for us,” he said, suppressing a grin.

Lowry said it is hard to travel with the team but not play, which he will do for the next couple of trips, but he can still help his teammates.

“It’s very difficult because I know I want to be out there. But at the same time I’m out there supporting them. Being the eyes on and off the court. I always can (pull guys aside to talk). That’s what I try to do, even when I’m playing. I try to give my own perspective of what I can see and what can be done.”

Not being able to suit up against perennial Atlantic Division powerhouse Boston or in his hometown of Philadelphia for the first time as a Raptor on Tuesday will eat at Lowry, but he’s thinking long-term and that’s helping him stay positive and loose.

A few more wins by his mates wouldn’t hurt his well-being either.

For that to happen in Boston, Lowry’s backup, Jose Calderon, will have to continue his strong play.

Calderon registered his first career triple-double against the Pacers and notched 17 assists in the heartbreaking triple-overtime loss to Minnesota.

“Fantastic,” was Lowry’s assessment of Calderon’s play.

“He’s professional, he’s always a guy who can get great assist numbers and make some shots and that’s what he’s been doing. I can’t wait to get back on the court with him and make both our jobs easier.”
Old 11-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #29
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

raptorfan_dr07 has not been impressing people

Could Lowry being out actually help us? Correct me if I'm wrong, fellow Raptor fans, but isn't our pick, the one OKC currently has, top 3 protected? I know most people weren't expecting a bottom 3 finish based on the apparent mindset of Casey/Colangelo/etc, but could it happen? We could potentially be in the running for Shabazz, but knowing the Raptors they'll find some way to screw it all up.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #30
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Even without Lowry I'm not sure we're a bottom 3 team, but it would give us more ping pong balls in the lottery.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: