Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-10-2012, 11:32 PM   #16
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lakers preseason games

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I watched the 1st half and as much of the 3rd quarter as I could stomach....not much...lol. I was very pleased by what I saw. I don't give a crap about that 35-0 run......they had their starters in against our 2nd and 3rd string. The first unit looked great, Hill looked better than anyone could expect, Nash will make Brown look like a good coach as long as Brown keeps his mouth shut and lets Nash run the team. Sacre played well enough, better than expected, why talk of cutting him, besides he's a Center not a PF so what does he have to do with Metta??? Blake, Duhon and Nash together I would love to coach against that lineup.......not gonna happen, no never will you see that in a regular season game...post up hell.
It's like when women ask why teams don't put 5 7footers on the court at the same time

I never said Nash, Duhon and Blaker should play together. I said Steve (Blake) should be the SG.
A saw several teams the past few seasons using 2 small guards together INCLUDING your favorite coach Avery Johnson who played Williams and Farmar at the same time. There are small SGs who managed to stay in the league playing with PG's, guys like Ben Gordon, Jason Terry etc.
Besides, they have legalized the zone now so they can pack it in and prevent post ups, Gasol is so long and Howard is one of the best shot blockers in the league.
About Sacre, I don't think he's gonna last, what are the chances anyway that he can really help this squad? If Im wrong, then ill be glad Im wrong and Ill admit it.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:38 PM   #17
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
I never said Nash, Duhon and Blaker should play together. I said Steve (Blake) should be the SG.
A saw several teams the past few seasons using 2 small guards together INCLUDING your favorite coach Avery Johnson who played Williams and Farmar at the same time. There are small SGs who managed to stay in the league playing with PG's, guys like Ben Gordon, Jason Terry etc.
Besides, they have legalized the zone now so they can pack it in and prevent post ups, Gasol is so long and Howard is one of the best shot blockers in the league.
About Sacre, I don't think he's gonna last, what are the chances anyway that he can really help this squad? If Im wrong, then ill be glad Im wrong and Ill admit it.

Avery Johnson did it because he had a crap team....he had to try something.
It's a really bad idea for this Lakers team.....sorry.

I'm not saying Sacre should make the team, I'm saying he played well and your argument for Metta over him didn't make sense......different positions.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:50 AM   #18
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14

L.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
lol the better question is, will sacre be on the team when nash is starting at 30+ mpg?
you are right. first he has to make the team, lets worry about his minutes later.

i hope the second preseason game was no teaser for the season, because with our old group it could be normal to see 2 starters out with injuries.
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:10 AM   #19
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Avery Johnson did it because he had a crap team....he had to try something.
It's a really bad idea for this Lakers team.....sorry.

I'm not saying Sacre should make the team, I'm saying he played well and your argument for Metta over him didn't make sense......different positions.

Huh, Didn't Avery also used the 6-2 Jason Terry and Devin Harris together when he was the coach in Dallas?
How many PGs and SGs right now have the ability to post up their defenders anyway?
Yes back then Payton, Mark Jackson, Cassell etc posted and backed down their defenders but now? not much IMO.
About Sacre, if the chances of him making it is low then what's the point?
I don't know, I just feel they were a bit slow out there with Sacre on the court. Just my opinion.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:17 AM   #20
DKLaker

Quote:
Huh, Didn't Avery also used the 6-2 Jason Terry and Devin Harris together when he was the coach in Dallas?
How many PGs and SGs right now have the ability to post up their defenders anyway?
Yes back then Payton, Mark Jackson, Cassell etc posted and backed down their defenders but now? not much IMO.
About Sacre, if the chances of him making it is low then what's the point?
I don't know, I just feel they were a bit slow out there with Sacre on the court. Just my opinion.

How many centers are fast??? Most championship winning centers were slow....with slower backups
Hell, Kareem wouldn't make it down the court unless called to join them.

If you put small guys in then you will see teams take advantage of it.....there is a REASON you don't see it much. We have no need to do this...it just doesn't make any sense with our roster.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:32 AM   #21
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

With Meeks, we don't really need Blake to play the 2 anyways...
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:06 PM   #22
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's kinda off topic from the Lakers (but still preseason talk) but Gerald Green was awesome again today. Lakers should have never let that slip by.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #23
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
It's kinda off topic from the Lakers (but still preseason talk) but Gerald Green was awesome again today. Lakers should have never let that slip by.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #24
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:

did you not see last year playoffs? blake getting abused by Miller and then harden??? to an extent where he should just have quit playing basketball?

gosh people have short memories
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #25
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
did you not see last year playoffs? blake getting abused by Miller and then harden??? to an extent where he should just have quit playing basketball?

gosh people have short memories

Okay he wasn't that bad....

I hate how every player on this team needs to be a superstar for the fan base to be satisfied.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:29 PM   #26
DKLaker

Quote:

I hate how every player on this team needs to be a superstar for the fan base to be satisfied.

We don't expect Blake to be a superstar, that is not the issue here, we expect him to at least be good at both ends of the floor......is he?
In fact how many current NBA 2nd string PGs is he better than?
Add in the fact that he makes $4 million a year which is double the rate for a comparable backup pg. Is he a better PG than our alternatives?
putting Blake at SG is , he doesn't shoot that well and sure the hell can't guard a SG.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #27
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:

think before you speak/write. 1 of the most useless statements i have read on the lakers forum.

its costing the lakers 8mil/yr to keep this guy...and he is not worth 2mil/yr
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:10 PM   #28
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
think before you speak/write. 1 of the most useless statements i have read on the lakers forum.

its costing the lakers 8mil/yr to keep this guy...and he is not worth 2mil/yr

THIS

and that is not even taking into account the luxury tax issue which makes it double or worse.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #29
DKLaker

Hey Tamaraw08.....Sacre is playing very well
Old 10-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #30
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14

L.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected poster

almost unwatchable what the Lakers are playing against the Jazz.
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: