Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #16
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The 5 Best QB/WR Combos

1. Matt Stafford/Calvin Johnson
2. Matt Schaub/Andre Johnson
3. Matt Ryan/Roddy White
4. Eli Manning/Hakeem Nicks
5. Andy Dalton/AJ Green

HM: Ben Roethlisberger/Mike Wallace, Aaron Rodgers/Greg Jennings

I personally believe Cutler and Marshall are ridiculously overrated. Never were that good to begin with going back to their Denver days.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #17
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Stafford/Megatron and Dalton/AJ > Cutler Marshall

But not Cutler Wallace. Watching Stafford this season doesn't make me want to name him in this thread. I'd have to go with a QB that inspires confidence and Stafford isn't high up on that list. I'd rather go with Ryan/White at this point.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #18
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

3. Matt Hasselbeck/Chris Johnson
4. Matt Ryan/Mike Johnson
5. Matt Cassel/Derrick Johnson
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #19
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
3. Matt Ryan/Roddy White
5. Andy Dalton/AJ Green

I personally believe Cutler and Marshall are ridiculously overrated. Never were that good to begin with going back to their Denver days.

This would pretty much be my list. Before the season started, I would have definitely put Cutler/Marshall on this list, but they haven't really given me enough of a reason for being in the top 5.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #20
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim.
This would pretty much be my list. Before the season started, I would have definitely put Cutler/Marshall on this list, but they haven't really given me enough of a reason for being in the top 5.

Cutler/Marshall weren't even in my top 5 going into the season. A top 15 QB and a top 15 WR doesn't translate into a top 5 duo.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:20 PM   #21
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Your whole "except for stats" qualifer ****ed up my Luck/Wayne argument. Because that's the only one. But seriously, it's a great one, this is the best start of Reggie Wayne's career which is pretty nuths.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:46 PM   #22
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Gabbert/Blackmon
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:33 AM   #23
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Cutler/Marshall weren't even in my top 5 going into the season. A top 15 QB and a top 6 WR doesn't translate into a top 5 duo.
ficksed
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:19 AM   #24
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Your whole "except for stats" qualifer ****ed up my Luck/Wayne argument. Because that's the only one. But seriously, it's a great one, this is the best start of Reggie Wayne's career which is pretty nuths.

Because Peyton spreaded the ball around versus pressing on 1 or 2 wideouts. You already know this anyway

Rookie qbs tend to lean on reliable targets
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:54 AM   #25
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
ficksed

Seriously? LMFAO.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #26
Point Blank
Superbowl or Bust!

Point Blank has decent reputation

Quote:
3. Matt Ryan/Roddy White
5. Andy Dalton/AJ Green

I'd put Matt Ryan/White above Schaub/Johnson. Ryan and White are having a better season by far.
Point Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #27
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Seriously? LMFAO.

You're the only one on this whole board besides the one salty phins fan who doesn't see Marshall as a top 10 WR and you have nothing factual to back it up. If anything it should be LMFAO at you.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #28
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
You're the only one on this whole board besides the one salty phins fan who doesn't see Marshall as a top 10 WR and you have nothing factual to back it up. If anything it should be LMFAO at you.

1. Calvin Johnson
2. Andre Johnson
3. Larry Fitzgerald
4. AJ Green
5. Steve Smith
6. Roddy White
7. Hakeem Nicks
8. Greg Jennings
9. Mike Wallace
10. Julio Jones/Victor Cruz/Dwayne Bowe

Say LMFAO at you. I have Marshall just outside the top 10 at #12. Me being the only person on this board having this opinion doesn't prove shit and is an incredibly weak argument. Go on a REAL football forum and you'll find out what more knowledgeable fans think. Anyone who consistently leads the league in drops shouldn't be in the top 10 unless your name is Terrell Owens.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #29
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Point Blank
I'd put Matt Ryan/White above Schaub/Johnson. Ryan and White are having a better season by far.

They're also having a better season than Stafford and Calvin. I'm not going by stats. I'm going by ability and Andre and Calvin just push their duos to the top.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #30
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputationballinhun8 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
1. Calvin Johnson
2. Andre Johnson
3. Larry Fitzgerald
4. AJ Green
5. Steve Smith
6. Roddy White
7. Hakeem Nicks
8. Greg Jennings
9. Mike Wallace
10. Julio Jones/Victor Cruz/Dwayne Bowe

Say LMFAO at you. I have Marshall just outside the top 10 at #12. Me being the only person on this board having this opinion doesn't prove shit and is an incredibly weak argument. Go on a REAL football forum and you'll find out what more knowledgeable fans think. Anyone who consistently leads the league in drops shouldn't be in the top 10 unless your name is Terrell Owens.

So a real football forum is one where the consensus agrees with your opinion?? And its not really a weak argument. Being in the minor of a debate where its about a 7-1 ratio of people going against you it is pretty telling that you could be wrong. In this case I believe you are.

Even going by your rankings I would say its debatable that everyone after Green is interchangeable with Marshall sans Cruz, Bowe, and even Wallace.

And funny, you say only if your last name is Owens can you lead the league in drops and get away with it yet Roddy led the league in that stat just a couple seasons ago.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: