Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-08-2012, 04:04 AM   #1
jongib369
Decent college freshman

jongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputation
Default Shaq VS Wilt- Top 7 Competition, amount of games played

The amount of games Wilt and Shaq faced there top 7 piers (big WHOOPS if I missed someone...all thenumbers are off the top of my head...the are deff right except for reed...I might be like 4 to 5 games off TOPS...possibly the with same with Thurmond)

WILT

Russell- 142

Bellamy- 108

reed 74

Nate- 64

Kareem- 28

unseld- 20

Lanier 16

Totat= 452

SHAQ

Duncan 62

Robinson- 40

Mutombo-29

Hakeem- 28

Ewing- 26

Ming 18

Mourning 16

Total Games= 219

Wilt played more than twice the amount of games against his top 7 piers than shaq

Does this mean anything?

How would shaq have done facing his piers 452 times? Or wilts

How would Wilt of done facing his piers 221, or shaqs 452 times?

I like how the smartest player each of them ever faced was the one they went up against the most

(Wilt said Red Kerr was the smartest but I'm talking smarts/skill wise...not that Kerr was a bum)

Last edited by jongib369 : 10-08-2012 at 04:11 AM.
jongib369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:24 AM   #2
jongib369
Decent college freshman

jongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Shaq VS Wilt- Top 7 Competition, amount of games played

Anyone?
Old 10-08-2012, 05:36 AM   #3
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

millwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected poster

Let it go, people are really tired of Wilt..
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:49 AM   #4
scandisk_
Banned (lol)

scandisk_ is considered somewhat coolscandisk_ is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad

I really miss jlauber.. OP doesn't have that same wilting power (no offense bro)
scandisk_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:21 AM   #5
jongib369
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Nope haha. I dont mean this thread as "see this is why wilt is better" its more so just showing how much wilt and shaq faced there piers and a few questions.

Im sorry if me posting on a form about my favorite player is bothersome, Ive made quite a few posts without him /hes not the focus recently but Since hes my favorite player, and admit have "minor" aspergers I really dont give 2 shits if people are tired of it. Id rather waste my time praising a player than dissing people who talk about what they like wasting about the same amount.. LOL I have nothing against you but almost every wilt thread ive seen you along with deuce diss it...this isnt just a "talk about todays game forum" a lot of people are nearly brain dead about past ballers, I just happen to prop up wilt the most and the others who played then..obviously Im not as good at defending it compaired to cavsftw with his amazing highlights, or jlauber (he isnt but it wouldnt surprise me if hes an aspie also) with his endless walls of text..I just do my thang..if my posts bug ya, dont click man lol
Old 10-08-2012, 06:24 AM   #6
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

millwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected poster

My mom's friend has a son who has Aspergers, his obsessions are very similiar to your when it comes to Wilt.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:25 AM   #7
jongib369
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandisk_
I really miss jlauber.. OP doesn't have that same wilting power (no offense bro)
Lmfao I could probably do what he did I just refuse to spend THAT much time..Ive got aspergers but god damn jlauber must be aspie 2.0. My GF would kill me lmao..."Jon stop talking about wilt and feed your baby!" "NO!!!"
Old 10-08-2012, 06:38 AM   #8
jongib369
Decent college freshman

Quote:
My mom's friend has a son who has Aspergers, his obsessions are very similiar to your when it comes to Wilt.
Haha I myself wouldnt call it an obsession, Ive focused this heavily before on a single paayer so its not like I get my rocks off about him like obsession makes it sound . I just single out a player, learn as much as I can and then usually go to the next. Before it was Jordan, before that russell, bird, magic, kobe, shaq (reason why I know his head2head from memory) etc. What I AM obsessed with is psychology...which is why I'm majoring in it...this is the only place I vent my inner sperger, You cant tell from talking to me.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:47 AM   #9
jongib369
Decent college freshman

Just for the sake of saying, my next target is duncan
Old 10-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #10
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Good for you to count these numbers of games. And you didn't even count the number of games Wilt played against Cowens, Hayes (when Hayes was a C), Beaty and the frontline of Lovellette-Pettit, who actually gave young Wilt more trouble defensively than any other apart from Russell.
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #11
BoutPractice
I'll pass

BoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputationBoutPractice has a terrific reputation

Doesn't mean much.
200 is a good sample size already. Whatever Shaq did against this top 7 competition over 200 games (and he did pretty great), it's statistically extremely likely he would also be able to do over 400 games.
BoutPractice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #12
jlip
Good college starter

jlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation here

Just because of his defense I might have included Ben Wallace as one of Shaq's chief competitors especially considering the fact that from '98- '03 facing Duncan meant that he was also facing Robinson.
jlip is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: