Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2012, 02:03 PM   #286
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
KG215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 20,521
Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnystuff
Total opinion.

If Kobe didn't have Shaq in 2000-2002, Lakers DONT make the finals once.

Kobe detractors, Shaq fans...whatever, need to get off this, too. Shaq wasn't making the Finals those years without Kobe either. Not if everything stayed the same. Those Lakers rosters, after Shaq and Kobe, were really mediocre. Their 3-9/10 guys weren't nearly as deep and talented as teams like Portland and Sacramento. Shaq being the best player in the NBA and Kobe being a top 3-5 player in the NBA was what made up for that gap.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #287
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
KG215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 20,521
Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Just like he had Shaq from 2008 to 2010, oh wait.......

Apples to oranges. The makeup of the league was completely different from '08-'10. It was pre-superteam era and decade's dominant big men (Shaq, Duncan, KG) were on the decline.

Not trying to take away from Kobe winning titles those years, but Kobe making the Finals and winning without Shaq in from '08-'10 doesn't really prove anything when comparing the two as players.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #288
Legends66NBA7
Apex
 
Legends66NBA7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sauga
Posts: 19,831
Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Something about Kobe that just makes the hate flow.

I think I've mentioned this a lot too... that Kobe is a very polarizing figure and isn't very likable at times. Here's hoping that 10-20 years from now, people have a little bit more respect (hopefully) for him and don't take his every word as salt.

There have been past players who have said worse things than Kobe have and are nowadays more loved, regardless.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #289
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago's Finest
Posts: 2,498
Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Apples to oranges. The makeup of the league was completely different from '08-'10. It was pre-superteam era and decade's dominant big men (Shaq, Duncan, KG) were on the decline.

Not trying to take away from Kobe winning titles those years, but Kobe making the Finals and winning without Shaq in from '08-'10 doesn't really prove anything when comparing the two as players.
I think there was one super team from 2008 - 2010, that being the Celtics. They didn't dominate in 2009 because of KG being injured, but I really think that team is what set this whole chain of events into motion.

I think the Lakers even more stacked roster in 2010 compared to 2009 also sparked the birth of the "superteam era" ...

Think about it, LeBron and Wade had no chance of getting past the Celtics with the rosters they had. They couldn't even get out of the ECF, and then they saw out in the WCF when Kobe got gifted Gasol in 2008 for nothing, then they added a healthy Bynum and snagged Ron Artest, with Lamar Odom being their 6th man.

They had no choice but to respond with escalation by teaming up. And it's probably a good thing they did given OKC's evolution, and the now current Lakers super team.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #290
baller562
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 96
Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Apples to oranges. The makeup of the league was completely different from '08-'10. It was pre-superteam era and decade's dominant big men (Shaq, Duncan, KG) were on the decline.

Not trying to take away from Kobe winning titles those years, but Kobe making the Finals and winning without Shaq in from '08-'10 doesn't really prove anything when comparing the two as players.

So your conclusion for this hypothetical situation, was using hypothetical evidence.... nice. All I know is what happened, first he DID win 3 championships in a row.... and second he DID win 2 more championships as the primary option. That's what the history books will remember and that's what I observed. Its really pointless of arguing IF he didn't have Shaq, lakers would never have made the finals... IF he didn't play in a league that was blah blah...
baller562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #291
funnystuff
Say wot m8
 
funnystuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,725
Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
And vice versa.
Debatable.
funnystuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #292
LakersReign
Banned
 
LakersReign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: I Stand Alone
Posts: 4,426
Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller562
So your conclusion for this hypothetical situation, was using hypothetical evidence.... nice. All I know is what happened, first he DID win 3 championships in a row.... and second he DID win 2 more championships as the primary option. That's what the history books will remember and that's what I observed. Its really pointless of arguing IF he didn't have Shaq, lakers would never have made the finals... IF he didn't play in a league that was blah blah...

It's all they really have and have had for the last 17 years...nothing but hypotheticals...MADE UP crap, irrational so called "logic," etc. All simply cuz they CAN'T give Kobe the credit he's worked for since they either know nothing about basketball to begin with. Or are way to caught up in hating the man for no real reason, to be objective about him. If you're dumb enough to take them seriously, according to them, EVERY SINGLE NBA PLAYER....LIVING, DEAD, PAST, OR PRESENT, are A-L-L supposedly better than Kobe. Up to, and including, a career role player like Robert Horry. Then, have the audacity to turn right around, and with a straight face, claim to be objective basketball fans who supposedly know and love the game. Hilarious

Last edited by LakersReign : 10-05-2012 at 04:02 PM.
LakersReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #293
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED
 
ripthekik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,367
Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnystuff
Debatable.
Not really.

Would that Lakers team with its exact players (Shaq) minus Kobe have gone anywhere? No, they'd just double team Shaq all night long, and hack him to send him to the line.

Would Kobe only Lakers go anywhere? No.

That's the way it is. Replace Kobe with another player? You can't do that, it's all hypothetical. That team is that team. Otherwise we can start replacing everyone in the history of the NBA and say, hey that guy could've been replace, almost anyone can be replaced. Which is basically a no-point, idiotic thing.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #294
red1
Dinosaurs
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,731
Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

How could I not see this coming, Kobe's biggest supporters on ISH are also lebron's most consistently irrational detractors. Ripthekik, kennethgriffin and lakersreign - you guys have proven that all of your lebron posts and threads exist because of insecurity and fear you guys have when it comes to kobe.

Never bother to claim objectivity in discussions again when you are clearly so invested in your gawdbe, LoL at wasting time arguing with these clowns.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #295
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED
 
ripthekik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,367
Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
How could I not see this coming, Kobe's biggest supporters on ISH are also lebron's most consistently irrational detractors. Ripthekik, kennethgriffin and lakersreign - you guys have proven that all of your lebron posts and threads exist because of insecurity and fear you guys have when it comes to kobe.

Never bother to claim objectivity in discussions again when you are clearly so invested in your gawdbe, LoL at wasting time arguing with these clowns.

This is a 10+ pages thread on ISH, the forum that I choose to visit, and now I can't post my opinion in the topic?

How about you take lebron's nuts out of your mouth and stop worshipping him and showing up everytime he's criticized?
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #296
baller562
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 96
Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
How could I not see this coming, Kobe's biggest supporters on ISH are also lebron's most consistently irrational detractors. Ripthekik, kennethgriffin and lakersreign - you guys have proven that all of your lebron posts and threads exist because of insecurity and fear you guys have when it comes to kobe.

Never bother to claim objectivity in discussions again when you are clearly so invested in your gawdbe, LoL at wasting time arguing with these clowns.

Hmmm I thought this thread was about something Kobe said... take a look at what you just did, and look in the mirror and say "I am not a hyprocrite"...
baller562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #297
red1
Dinosaurs
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,731
Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik

This is a 10+ pages thread on ISH, the forum that I choose to visit, and now I can't post my opinion in the topic?

How about you take lebron's nuts out of your mouth and stop worshipping him and showing up everytime he's criticized?
in another thread from a while back you actually claimed that you weren't a kobe fan, and now all of your ****** ass retarded threads obsessing over lebron make sense in the big picture. Your opinion is irrelevant homie.

And LoL at worshipping lebron, it isn't worshipping when all you do is state facts. What you are doing on the other hand is obsessing over the n*gga like he is a woman that scorned you and left you for another man
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #298
red1
Dinosaurs
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,731
Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller562
Hmmm I thought this thread was about something Kobe said... take a look at what you just did, and look in the mirror and say "I am not a hyprocrite"...
my bad homie don't mean to derail the thread just needed to address those clowns while they are all in one place
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #299
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED
 
ripthekik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,367
Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
in another thread from a while back you actually claimed that you weren't a kobe fan, and now all of your ****** ass retarded threads obsessing over lebron make sense in the big picture. Your opinion is irrelevant homie.

And LoL at worshipping lebron, it isn't worshipping when all you do is state facts. What you are doing on the other hand is obsessing over the n*gga like he is a woman that scorned you and left you for another man
I'm not a fan, but I can't talk for the guy? So I can't talk about any team/player other than my own then? WTF? I can't express appreciation for a player that's in the NBA for 16 seasons and having watched him for all these years?

When 60% of the discussion here is about Kobe/Lebron, what do you expect?

As for you, OH, now when you're talking about Lebron, it's a FACT. Really? When other talks about Kobe, it's all lies and opinion, but what you say about Lebron are facts? Yeah, everything you say is correct and true, everyone else opinion doesn't matter, we get it.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #300
red1
Dinosaurs
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,731
Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
I'm not a fan, but I can't talk for the guy? So I can't talk about any team/player other than my own then? WTF? I can't express appreciation for a player that's in the NBA for 16 seasons and having watched him for all these years?

When 60% of the discussion here is about Kobe/Lebron, what do you expect?

As for you, OH, now when you're talking about Lebron, it's a FACT. Really? When other talks about Kobe, it's all lies and opinion, but what you say about Lebron are facts? Yeah, everything you say is correct and true, everyone else opinion doesn't matter, we get it.
Why are you still denying that kobe is your favorite player in the leauge? I am not attacking you for your fanhood, I honestly have nothing against kobe, homie is a baller and I will personally catch all of this years lakers games. The problem comes when you act like you are an objective poster but end up posting all of this retarded shit that noone wants to read, jokes that are not funny, commentary that is not insightful .

Everything that you post is just spiteful and childish, all you do is try to annoy people. And I am calling you out for it because you are the opposite of a good poster and I would in fact be happier if you would just GTFO and stop posting. If you are going to continue to troll then at least be funny.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:51 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy