Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-14-2012, 11:47 PM   #121
CarlosBoozer
"Boozer"

Default Re: NBA 2K13 'MY CAREER MODE' Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
Just cracked the starting lineup after my 7th game. Currently averaging 28.9ppg 3.6rpg 12.4apg on 60% fg and 58% 3pt and my team is averaging 127.1ppg
How many minutes per quarter and what difficulty?!
CarlosBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:50 PM   #122
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

I play 12 mins and on All-Star I think. Gonna turn it up to HOF.
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:30 AM   #123
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

The difference between all-star and HOF is rather substantial. There's always the in between if HOF doesn't work out.

12 minutes, eh? How long does a game usually take?
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:51 AM   #124
ballup
DO THE THING!!!!

12 minute quarters? That takes too long to finish a season imo. I've only played 5 minute quarters with the exception of the rookie showcase.

I accidentally made Rondo play more minutes because of the GM topics. One of them is "I like playing with a certain player" and I of course chose my point guard. What I didn't know was that I was inserted into the starting lineup and whoever I chose got more minutes. Bass had his minutes severely cut down to 11 mpg. I'm waiting to get that topic again so I can restore some of Bass' playing time

I find the guards of the Celtics too aggressive compared to their real life versions. Bradley shoots any midrange opportunity he gets, even if contested. Rondo is also very me first in a good way.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:05 AM   #125
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
The difference between all-star and HOF is rather substantial. There's always the in between if HOF doesn't work out.

12 minutes, eh? How long does a game usually take?
IDK around 15-20 I think.

I also played 12 min quarters on 2K12 and I started My Player around December then stopped playing it by the end of July. I'm pretty sure I can finish 1 season then just play key games on my 2nd season until I get bored or 2K14 comes out.
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:15 AM   #126
Walker
Cool Custom Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballup
12 minute quarters? That takes too long to finish a season imo. I've only played 5 minute quarters with the exception of the rookie showcase.

I accidentally made Rondo play more minutes because of the GM topics. One of them is "I like playing with a certain player" and I of course chose my point guard. What I didn't know was that I was inserted into the starting lineup and whoever I chose got more minutes. Bass had his minutes severely cut down to 11 mpg. I'm waiting to get that topic again so I can restore some of Bass' playing time

I find the guards of the Celtics too aggressive compared to their real life versions. Bradley shoots any midrange opportunity he gets, even if contested. Rondo is also very me first in a good way.
All the AI players are set way too aggressive. Every player tries to get into the paint come hell or high water leading to alot of very unrealistic looking offence and very unrealistic team stats. Take a look at the points in the paint in the games you play, it's rather ridiculous.
Playing on the Pacers, Granger and George flat refuse to shoot open threes, they just drive into a congested lane. Which bings me to another point. The supposed better AI where players won't stand near you has totally broke offence. It forces player into the low block on both sides of the key at all times making it impossible to find driving lanes.
I'm guessing it's tied to the play calling bug but whatever it is they better fix this shit quickly.
Last game I played Lakers beat us 145 to 110, they had 114 points in the paint
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:02 AM   #127
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

You should only play quarters as long as it takes to get a good grade and some decent stats. I start with 12 min q's, drop to 9 min q's once I'm 6th man, and drop to 6 min q's once I'm starting.

I like 6 min q's because I can get an easy estimate of what the stats would be in full games, by just doubling the stats. So if I end up with like 15/8/3, it's really like 30/15/5.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:27 AM   #128
Walker
Cool Custom Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
You should only play quarters as long as it takes to get a good grade and some decent stats. I start with 12 min q's, drop to 9 min q's once I'm 6th man, and drop to 6 min q's once I'm starting.

I like 6 min q's because I can get an easy estimate of what the stats would be in full games, by just doubling the stats. So if I end up with like 15/8/3, it's really like 30/15/5.
I can't do that, has to be 12min quarters, otherwise the mpg stats are off and I can't deal with that
I'm a stats junkie(used to memorize every player in the leagues stats as a kid), everything has to be realistic or I can't play the game.
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:06 AM   #129
MasterDurant24
National High School Star

Got 750 VC for simming a bunch of games in Association.
MasterDurant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #130
outbreak
Custom User Title

Has anyone been drafted first overall yet? If so what stats did you put up in the rookie game? I managed to go 5th last night on a new character and was wondering what I need to get higher.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:00 AM   #131
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak
Has anyone been drafted first overall yet? If so what stats did you put up in the rookie game? I managed to go 5th last night on a new character and was wondering what I need to get higher.

I got 4th pick.

28/6/10, 4 steals A-.
Interviewed for 3rd, didnt get picked.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #132
code green
C's Fan since Dee

Yeah, there's a huge dropoff from HoF to All-Star. I decided to give MyCareer another shot and put it down to All-Star difficulty and it's so much more enjoyable. Got drafted 10th (I think?) to Portland, and just took the starting spot at point over Lillard. Used a bunch of VC I got from Association mode and bumped my 3pt rating up to 82 and gave him Harden's shot and release, which I'm automatic with. Averaging 14, 6, and 3 on 54% 3pt shooting lol. 6 minutes per game, and we're on a 7 game winning streak. Also, LaMarcus Aldridge is a ****ing beast. 27 and 12 a game.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #133
code green
C's Fan since Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai2death
Lol just like real life...

It honestly made me feel bad thinking about all the athletes I've said stuff to on Twitter lol.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #134
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by code green
It honestly made me feel bad thinking about all the athletes I've said stuff to on Twitter lol.
Yea, but you probably don't illogically bitch out Russell Westbrook for only grabbing 2 rebounds for a game.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #135
Boston C's
Local High School Star

I love the new features like talking to you g.m...you can ask for a contract extension if your about to be a free agent the next yr which is cool (after your rookie contract) has anyone gotten to free agency yet after their rookie deals I wanna know what its like...would love if they made it more realistic then 2k12 where you just pick a team to go to...hope they did something like being interviewed by g.ms of other teams and having them try to persuade you to join their squad
Boston C's is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: