Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #46
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: NBA will penalize flopping from now on, confirmed today

Quote:
Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
In no way do I deny the Lakers have had some LEGENDARY floppers. Divac and Fish immediately come to mind. But so is Kobe, but not in the same way. Kobe is a verbal, fling his hands in the air and yell AEYYY, flopper. Chris Paul is a throw his head back, let out a faint sigh, backflip helicopter kick flail to the ground holding his balls and knee while looking at the ref, flopper. Not even in the same ballpark.

So no, I wont ignore the Lakers flopper.

So basically you're saying he's more dramatic? I admit that with both Griffin+CP3 but to me a flop is a flop. Ones that are more dramatic don't mean anything to me, if anything they are more entertaining.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #47
AK47DR91

The only reason why flopping has become an issue is because of how soft the league has gotten. It's a lot more visible now than it was in the 80's and 90's.

Dennis Rodman, one of the toughest guys to ever played the game, was actually quite a flopper himself. You just didn't notice it as much because of how physical the game was in the 80's and 90's.

I don't think fining and penalizing will stop flopping, it'll just make the league even more "pussified." Make the league more physical again, be more of a contact sport like it once was then players won't be flopping like bitches as much. They'll think twice when they do.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #48
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
6 flops = suspension.

The Clippers and Heat will lots of suspensions this year.

No they wont, players adjust.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #49
BuGzBuNNy

BuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation here

There's a fine line between flopping and drawing a legit charge. You have to sell it to an extent.
BuGzBuNNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #50
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by strifed169
This will change the game drastically imo, players will think harder about standing in front of a driving player's lane a

I cant tell how much I hate that call. An offensive player has a lane to the basket, and a defensive player can simply jump in front of his path out of nowhere at the last minute, and somehow its the offensive players' fault for "fouling" the defensive player.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #51
HEAT111
ohh hohohohoh

HEAT111 has decent reputation

I believe this is just going to be another way for the league to open up the pockets out its players.
HEAT111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #52
COnDEMnED
Local High School Star

COnDEMnED is a pretty well-respected posterCOnDEMnED is a pretty well-respected posterCOnDEMnED is a pretty well-respected posterCOnDEMnED is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
So basically you're saying he's more dramatic? I admit that with both Griffin+CP3 but to me a flop is a flop. Ones that are more dramatic don't mean anything to me, if anything they are more entertaining.
If you're CP3 or Griffin, would you not agree a less dramatic flop would result in less thrown elbows and intentonal hard fouls against them? In particular, Mr Griffin? Making less of a flopping spectacle towards fellow players would lower their resentment, in exchange, lower the rage filled hard fouls? I agree a flop is a flop, but some types of flops get people elbowed in the head more than others.
COnDEMnED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #53
Nash
NBA lottery pick

Nash is starting to rub some people the wrong way

So how do you know what really is a flop and what isn't? Sometimes, something that doesn't look to bad on camera is actually really bad for the one receiving the foul. Its a stupid rule. Just let the ref decide, and if the player gets away with it, then good on him.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #54
COnDEMnED
Local High School Star

COnDEMnED is a pretty well-respected posterCOnDEMnED is a pretty well-respected posterCOnDEMnED is a pretty well-respected posterCOnDEMnED is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash
So how do you know what really is a flop and what isn't? Sometimes, something that doesn't look to bad on camera is actually really bad for the one receiving the foul. Its a stupid rule. Just let the ref decide, and if the player gets away with it, then good on him.
From my understanding, play during the game will continue as normal. People may flop and get away with it or not. No flopping fines will be given out during the game. There will be a new team of personel whose sole job is to watch the game all over on tv afterwords and look for floppers. Fines will be given out the next day, probably.
COnDEMnED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #55
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash

Yes because that's worked out so well for the league
longtime lurker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:11 PM   #56
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Yes because that's worked out so well for the league
Nash is a bit unclear on why this rule is needed
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:47 AM   #57
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

SevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation here

Why did the hell did the Blake Griffin comment on flopping thread get deleted?!
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:59 AM   #58
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here

Now the main issue is HOW a referee perceives a flop. Let the controversy ensue.
no pun intended is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:12 AM   #59
LakersReign
Banned

LakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputation

Wade has been so dependent on flopping since he got away with all that in '06. Let's see how he adjusts his game to the new rules Will be hilarious to watch though
LakersReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:57 AM   #60
tomtucker
Very cute

tomtucker is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersReign
Wade has been so dependent on flopping since he got away with all that in '06. Let's see how he adjusts his game to the new rules Will be hilarious to watch though

fukk that, wade is awesome...........what about griffin.........his game is based on the art of flopping.........dude will be working at Mcdonalds soon
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: