Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
niko
I Run NY.

Default Why i Hate Working in Corporate America....

There is a schedule i do monthly so we can pay taxes owed to Canada. (Don't get me started on Canada, Canada makes doing business there as difficult as possible...) I do it, i give it to my boss who sends it with something else to corporate.

We discover last night the schedule didn't go out (the email got stuck in the Outbox for some reason). It's a quarter end, it's 7 days late, BIG deal. Means we underpaid our taxes to Canada. Total shitstorm to follow.

So i try to fix it. Make a million calls. Scrambling. Stressing myself the **** out because we are going to get in trouble for this. No one seems to know what i am talking about or why i'm worried it's not done.

Turns out Corporate DOES NOT USE THE INFORMATION WE SEND THEM, and instead estimates the liability a different way. I have been sending a schedule, every month since January 2011 that NO ONE LOOKS AT. In this time, not one person has sent us an email saying we don't need to do it.

Corporate America! If you can do something once, why not do it twice for no reason?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #2
JohnnySic
green is good

Default Re: Why i Hate Working in Corporate America....

JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
Take Your Lumps
Banned

I used to look down upon people who commit suicide.

But if it turns out that person worked a corporate office job; I totally get it.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #4
JohnnySic
green is good

Corporate America isn't that bad once you learn how to buck the system and hopefully avoid the cancerous people that are thick like weeds in the corporate world. With the right coworkers, it can even be fun.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #5
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
There is a schedule i do monthly so we can pay taxes owed to Canada. (Don't get me started on Canada, Canada makes doing business there as difficult as possible...) I do it, i give it to my boss who sends it with something else to corporate.

We discover last night the schedule didn't go out (the email got stuck in the Outbox for some reason). It's a quarter end, it's 7 days late, BIG deal. Means we underpaid our taxes to Canada. Total shitstorm to follow.

So i try to fix it. Make a million calls. Scrambling. Stressing myself the **** out because we are going to get in trouble for this. No one seems to know what i am talking about or why i'm worried it's not done.

Turns out Corporate DOES NOT USE THE INFORMATION WE SEND THEM, and instead estimates the liability a different way. I have been sending a schedule, every month since January 2011 that NO ONE LOOKS AT. In this time, not one person has sent us an email saying we don't need to do it.

Corporate America! If you can do something once, why not do it twice for no reason?

You need to be less Dilbert and more Wally.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:40 PM   #6
JaggerCommaMick
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko

Its probably in case the numbers they come up with dont look right and they need a second independent calculation to cross reference.

Look on the bright side, mate, if President Obama gets his way your company will have to cut your position anyhow in order to pay a higher tax rate, then you can signup to still collect 70% of it while you sit on your fat arse all day like Kevinyc, and the other 30% will go toward padding the benefits of some government union worker who stamps papers and talks on the phone with his boo all day.
JaggerCommaMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:56 PM   #7
Kevin Love
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaggerCommaMick
Its probably in case the numbers they come up with dont look right and they need a second independent calculation to cross reference.

Look on the bright side, mate, if President Obama gets his way your company will have to cut your position anyhow in order to pay a higher tax rate, then you can signup to still collect 70% of it while you sit on your fat arse all day like Kevinyc, and the other 30% will go toward padding the benefits of some government union worker who stamps papers and talks on the phone with his boo all day.

it takes a special kind of loser to announce his retirement from a message board and come back days later because he realizes he has no friends and trolling a forum is the best thing he can do in his free time

get a life fakkit
Kevin Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #8
Stuckey
ifirtworld

this thread is jokes
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: