Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-04-2012, 01:50 PM   #1
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here
Default Who would win a 7 game series between the best of the West vs the best of the East

If you were to take the 10 best players from the west and have them square off in a 7 game series vs the 10 best players on the east, which conference do you think would take the series?

heres a quick list i put together. I'll update the list in the OP if a majority of people think someone else belongs in a certain spot

west:
paul
kobe
durant
dirk
dwight

bench:
nash
westbrook
gay?
pf - not sure who id consider 2nd best in the west
C - Gasol, m? TD?

East:
Rose (but considering he wont be healthy most of the 2013 season, Rondo would be my pick)
Dwade
James
PF - not sure who i'd start
Bynum

Bench:
Dwill
JJ
Melo
amare? bosh? boozer? depends who you put as the starting pf
Chandler? Monroe? Garnett?

Last edited by Levity : 10-04-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who would win a 7 game series between the best of the West vs the best of the East

make the rosters homie, then we'll compare
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
MiamiThrice
Banned

MiamiThrice has decent reputationMiamiThrice has decent reputation
Default Re: Who would win a 7 game series between the best of the West vs the best of the East

The West. The conference just has more good teams. Just think about when you select your allstars. From the west you usually have a bunch of guys you feel snubbed out, while the East you end up putting guys like Joe Johnson and Luol Deng on there because frankly theres nobody better.
MiamiThrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
make the rosters homie, then we'll compare

hard to make a best roster since its purely subjective but...

west:
paul
kobe
durant
dirk
dwight

bench:
nash
westbrook
gay
C - Gasol, m? Cousins?

East:
Rose (but considering he wont be healthy most of the 2013 season, Rondo would be my pick)
Dwade
James
Bynum

Bench:
Dwill
JJ
Melo
Chandler? Monroe?

this was a pretty rushed list, so feel free to change it if you disagree.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #5
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levity
hard to make a best roster since its purely subjective but...

west:
paul
kobe
durant
dirk
dwight

bench:
nash
westbrook
gay
C - Gasol, m? Cousins?

East:
Dwade
James
Bynum

Bench:
Dwill
JJ
Melo
Chandler? Monroe?

this was a pretty rushed list, so feel free to change it if you disagree.
if both teams were healthy then it would be comparable but right now west is looking slightly stronger

cp3
kobe
durant
dirk
howard

vs

dwill
wade
james
bosh
bynum
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:17 PM   #6
Ass Dan
LOL Maker, Intraweb

Ass Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAss Dan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

LeBron's team.
Ass Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #7
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

cp3
kobe
durant
Love
howard

vs

Rose
wade
james
J.Smith
Bynum

the West might win
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #8
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here

Lol @ Chandler, Monroe, M. Gasol, and Cousins over KG and TD.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #9
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushxx
Lol @ Chandler, Monroe, M. Gasol, and Cousins over KG and TD.

Gasol and Tyson are both arguable over current TD and Garnett, but i will admit that i totally forgot about both of them when making this list. i do agree that a young cousins and monroe should not be chosen over either of TD or KG.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #10
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Gasol and Tyson are both arguable over current TD and Garnett, but i will admit that i totally forgot about both of them when making this list. i do agree that a young cousins and monroe should not be chosen over either of TD or KG.

They are undeniable leaders of their team unlike Chandler and Gasol. Now go look at their stats on top of it.

KG was a playoff MVP candidate. TD anchored one of the most dominant basketball runs in years.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #11
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation

So what if the all star game was a 7 game series?
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #12
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
So what if the all star game was a 7 game series?

Hah pretty much. But an all-star game with effort brought forth.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:09 PM   #13
Thechosen1
Good High School Starter

Thechosen1 has not been impressing people

so basically the all star game being a 7 game series?
Thechosen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #14
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thechosen1
so basically the all star game being a 7 game series?

Essentially, yes. but if i would have titled it that, eventually some poster would come in here and say the east would easily win cause JLIn(not cp3) will be voted in as the starting pg for the west, thus negating the wests chances.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #15
Mach_3
Local High School Star

Mach_3 has decent reputationMach_3 has decent reputation

Quote:

No.

And tough call but i might take the East, Rondo would break the damn assist record playing with both Wade and James out there
Mach_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: