Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #16
nathanjizzle
Not a genius :(

nathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Re: Any vegetarians at InsideHoops?

i use this to help make sure get a dose of everything i need everyday

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/e...jsp?id=GU-7019
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #17
Celtics4ever
Banned

Celtics4ever has not been impressing people

I'm a vegetarian. I'm 6'1 200lbs. Mostly muscle. I haven't checked my BF in a while so don't know what it is. Humans are intended to be vegetarians by nature. It's the most healthy diet. I have had more energy and motivation ever since I started being a vegetarian.

For all the meat eaters: Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?ne...DhsYnAVmF4a c
Celtics4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #18
Celtics4ever
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Your body requires a specific list of nutrients to function correctly, yes it doesn't care if it comes from a cheeseburger or tofu. As long as the needs are met, however you choose, is fine........ but remember there is still stuff you cant have as a vegetarian:

Vitamin B12 is a nutrient that is ONLY found in animal products, which is extremly important...

Some specific constructions of meat product Proteins/Creatine & Fats can also NOT be found in any vegetables...

Vitamin D which is very important and is 99.99% found only in animal products aswell, the other 00.01% is a specific mushroom (the only non-animal product that contains Vitamin D somewhat)....

It is quite possible to live as a vegetarian/vegan, but you will have to educate yourself very hard about how to each various combinations of plant proteins & fats to ensure you receive the essential amino acids and so on...

Failure to watch these things and your amino acid balance will lead to sickness sooner or later... The only benefit from cutting out meat from your diet is a reduction in saturated fat and cholesterol, but that is only from non-healthy meat.... that other meat is extremly important & healthy for your entire body... What is bad is eating copious amounts of meat in lieu of other foods such as vegetables and fruits....

Additionally, you WILL have to be sure to take a B12 (and extra Vitamin D) supplements to be sure you are getting the vital nutrient.... and that supplement still comes from animal products.................................... what now?

It is a very grueling process... being a Vegetarian is not as simple as being a normal Omnivore which humans are....

I refuse to fight the forces of nature like that and i want to be as healthy as possible and in the most efficient, productive & easy way which i as a human/omnivore am designed for, so no... i am not a vegetarian...

Old 10-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #19
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

millwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected postermillwad is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
i use this to help make sure get a dose of everything i need everyday

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/e...jsp?id=GU-7019

A vegan troll?
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #20
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

i just ate some spam. yall don't know what yall missin
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #21
tomtucker
Very cute

tomtucker is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Your body requires a specific list of nutrients to function correctly, yes it doesn't care if it comes from a cheeseburger or tofu. As long as the needs are met, however you choose, is fine........ but remember there is still stuff you cant have as a vegetarian:

Vitamin B12 is a nutrient that is ONLY found in animal products, which is extremly important...

Some specific constructions of meat product Proteins/Creatine & Fats can also NOT be found in any vegetables...

Vitamin D which is very important and is 99.99% found only in animal products aswell, the other 00.01% is a specific mushroom (the only non-animal product that contains Vitamin D somewhat)....

It is quite possible to live as a vegetarian/vegan, but you will have to educate yourself very hard about how to each various combinations of plant proteins & fats to ensure you receive the essential amino acids and so on...

Failure to watch these things and your amino acid balance will lead to sickness sooner or later... The only benefit from cutting out meat from your diet is a reduction in saturated fat and cholesterol, but that is only from non-healthy meat.... that other meat is extremly important & healthy for your entire body... What is bad is eating copious amounts of meat in lieu of other foods such as vegetables and fruits....

Additionally, you WILL have to be sure to take a B12 (and extra Vitamin D) supplements to be sure you are getting the vital nutrient.... and that supplement still comes from animal products.................................... what now?

It is a very grueling process... being a Vegetarian is not as simple as being a normal Omnivore which humans are....

I refuse to fight the forces of nature like that and i want to be as healthy as possible and in the most efficient, productive & easy way which i as a human/omnivore am designed for, so no... i am not a vegetarian...

It is nearly impossible to get adequate amounts of vitamin D from your diet. Sunlight exposure is the only reliable way to generate vitamin D in your own body

http://www.naturalnews.com/003069.html

tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #22
RRR3
NBA Legend

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

Me
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #23
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

my brother is but he still eats fish, crabs and shrimp once or twice a week. he see it as he won't eat anything he couldn't kill himself. he would feel terrible if he killed a mammal but would kill a fish. i **** with him about it all the time. but i myself don't eat meat every day. everyone says we're designed to eat meat and that may be true but we weren't meant to eat it at every meal. humans are hunters and gathers hence some days they couldn't get a kill so they gathered fruits and vegetables to fill their stomachs.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #24
lakerspng
Local High School Star

lakerspng is considered somewhat coollakerspng is considered somewhat cool

never eaten meat in my life. Parents were vegetarians before I was born. Very thankful I was raised as I was. Never had an issue with nutrition. Never had any problems competing athletically. I'll avoid being preachy here, I'll simply say that the meat industry is going to destroy our planet long before any other industry does and even if I had not been brought up the way I was, I'd become a vegetarian simply to avoid supporting such a destructive force.
lakerspng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #25
lakerspng
Local High School Star

lakerspng is considered somewhat coollakerspng is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles p
my brother is but he still eats fish, crabs and shrimp once or twice a week. he see it as he won't eat anything he couldn't kill himself. he would feel terrible if he killed a mammal but would kill a fish. i **** with him about it all the time. but i myself don't eat meat every day. everyone says we're designed to eat meat and that may be true but we weren't meant to eat it at every meal. humans are hunters and gathers hence some days they couldn't get a kill so they gathered fruits and vegetables to fill their stomachs.

we're not designed to eat meat. We're designed to supplement our diets with meat, as is any omnivore. My wife used to have a heavy meat diet, but since we've been together has changed quite a bit, but she will never give up her fish. She loves seafood.
lakerspng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #26
tomtucker
Very cute

tomtucker is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics4ever
I'm a vegetarian. I'm 6'1 200lbs. Mostly muscle. I haven't checked my BF in a while so don't know what it is. Humans are intended to be vegetarians by nature. It's the most healthy diet. I have had more energy and motivation ever since I started being a vegetarian.

For all the meat eaters: Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?ne...DhsYnAVmF4a c

wish someone would track down that bastard and kill him.........
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #27
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles p

Then he can't be a vegetarian. Can't believe some people out there actually believe that they're still vegetarian if they eat fish.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #28
Math2
Local High School Star

Math2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryMath2 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
You know, I like to believe that an animal's life shouldn't be feed, to breed and then get killed. So yeah, personally I do consider killing an animal for the sake of food a way of abuse.

But let me say one thing, if I was put in a situation where my survival depended on killing and eating an animal I'd easily do so.

While I respect your view, that seems so naive. It's wrong to kill animals so you can? How do wild animals get food?
Math2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #29
Celtics4ever
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtucker
wish someone would track down that bastard and kill him.........

My Ex GF took me to a meat slaughter place 2 years ago and the stuff I saw there really changed my views on everything. Just the look on all the animals eyes before they got killed just got me, it felt like someone was about to kill my dog. These animals want to live just like the rest of us. I used to be a crazy meat eater throughout college, but I stopped completely. And now, 2 years later, I felt like that was the best decision I ever made. I feel more energetic, healthier, I have good stamina etc. And through that time I have done a lot of research into it and found out how humans aren't intended to have a meat diet due to our teeth structure and digestive system. I'm not saying people that eat meat are wrong, everyone has the right to do anything they want.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #30
Celtics4ever
Banned

List of famous people that are vegetarian:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vegetarians
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: