Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #1111
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: -StroShow's Daily Poster Thread 2012/13 (New Season, New Thread!)-

In today’s recap post I mentioned that Kobe Bryant twice torched Gerald Wallace for point-blank scores in crunch time. It was a vague but factually-correct description of what had happened, as Bryant indeed scored a go-ahead dunk as well as another key layup. That said, my brief depiction, though accurate, just might constitute the understatement of the century. I put it that way on purpose because I wanted to preserve the hype for this Poster of the Day segment. It just so happens that one of Kobe’s “point-bank scores” — the go-ahead dunk — was also one of the filthiest throw downs of the season to date. Behold:

http://youtu.be/0z1BSUTXxhQ

Bryant and his Lakers haven’t exactly been putting together a season to remember, but I suppose we were all fools for failing to consider that this was his first ever visit to the Barclays Center. I refuse to believe it a coincidence that Kobe’s single most spectacular play of this 17th season took place in his inaugural appearance at the billion-dollar building, which makes this whole scenario all the more Kobe and therefore all the more epic. The Mamba always leaves its mark.

Note: 6/10 for DeAndre Jordan on Nene, which happened on the 4th. I didn’t know about it so it never got posted.

Dunk rating on the Starbury Nastiness Scale:

9/10

PHP Code:
As Posterizer:
-
Jeff Green (5)
-
James Harden (3)
-
Tim Duncan (2)
-
Marvin Williams (2)
-
Ron Artest (2)
-
JaVale McGee (2)
-
Anderson Varejao (2)
-
Lou Williams (2)
-
Vince Carter (2)
-
Greg Smith (2)
-
Rudy Gay (2)
-
JJ Hickson (2)
-
Moe Harkless (2)
-
Nick Young (2)
-
Harrison Barnes (2)
-
Amare Stoudemire (2)
-
DeAndre Jordan (2)
-
Kobe Bryant (2)
-
Robin Lopez (1)
-
Jeff Teague (1)
-
Chase Budinger (1)
-
Kevin Durant (1)
-
Meyers Leonard (1)
-
DeMarcus Cousins (1)
-
Brook Lopez (1)
-
Jason Maxiell (1)
-
Terrence Jones (1)
-
Derrick Favors (1)
-
Chris Bosh (1)
-
Kris Humphries (1)
-
Tyson Chandler (1)
-
Patrick Patterson (1)
-
Tyler Zeller (1)
-
BJ Mullens (1)
-
Serge Ibaka (1)
-
Andre Iguodala (1)
-
Dahntay Jones (1)
-
Blake Griffin (1)
-
Luke Babbitt (1)
-
Carmelo Anthony (1)
-
Joakim Noah (1)
-
Zach Randolph (1)
-
Gerald Henderson (1)
-
Gerald Green (1)
-
JR Smith (1)
-
LeBron James (1)
-
Dominique Jones (1)
-
Tayshaun Prince (1)
-
Hamed Haddadi (1)
-
DeQuan Jones (1)
-
Paul George (1)
-
Amir Johnson (1)
-
Martell Webster (1)
-
Derrick Williams (1)
-
Taj Gibson (1)
-
Josh Smith (1)
-
Dion Waiters (1)
-
Damian Lillard (1)
-
DeMaR DeRoZaN (1)
-
Travis Outlaw (1)
-
Carlos Boozer (1)
-
Andre Drummond (1)
-
Anthony Davis (1)
-
Caron Butler (1)
-
None (10)

As
Posterized:
-
Serge Ibaka (3)
-
Chris Bosh (3)
-
Bismack Biyombo (3)
-
Jonas Valanciunas (2)
-
Kris Humphries (2)
-
Al Jefferson (2)
-
Patrick Patterson (2)
-
Ed Davis (2)
-
Jordan Hill (2)
-
Dwight Howard (2)
-
Robin Lopez (2)
-
Brook Lopez (2)
-
Larry Sanders (2)
-
Hasheem Thabeet (2)
-
Ersan Ilyasova (2)
-
Nene (2)
-
Gerald Wallace (2)
-
Roger Mason Jr. (1)
-
Kevin Durant (1)
-
Tyler Hansbrough (1)
-
Ronny Turiaf (1)
-
Danny Green (1)
-
Francisco Garcia (1)
-
Jason Collins (1)
-
Glen Davis (1)
-
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (1)
-
Jodie Meeks (1)
-
Jarret Jack (1)
-
Nikola Pekovic (1)
-
Meyers Leonard (1)
-
Lou Williams (1)
-
Gordon Hayward (1)
-
Moe Harkless (1)
-
LaMarcus Aldridge (1)
-
Jerry Stackhouse (1)
-
Josh Smith (1)
-
Ian Mahinmi (1)
-
Linas Kleiza (1)
-
Carlos Delfino (1)
-
Joakim Noah (1)
-
Thaddeus Young (1)
-
Samardo Samuels (1)
-
Kirk Hinrich (1)
-
Greg Stiemsma (1)
-
Kenneth Faried (1)
-
Kawhi Leonard (1)
-
Victor Claver (1)
-
Jason Smith (1)
-
Chris Paul (1)
-
Andrew Nicholson (1)
-
Robert Sacre (1)
-
Jermaine O'Neal (1)
-Manu Ginobili (1)
-DeShawn Stevenson (1)
-DeJuan Blair (1)
-Anthony Tolliver (1)
-Alonzo Gee (1)
-Derrick Favors (1)
-Chris Kaman (1)
-Kosta Koufos (1)
-E'
Twaun Moore (1)
-
Samuel Dalembert (1)
-
Gustavo Ayon (1)
-
Nikola Vucevic (1)
-
Chris Johnson (1)
-
Kevin Garnett (1)
-
None (10)

Throwback Poster of the Day: Antonio Davis on Ben Wallace...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF6Z_YIfh3c

For insightful thoughts & astute observations on NBA basketball, visit my blog.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #1112
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: -StroShow's Daily Poster Thread 2012/13 (BEAN!)-

James White has guaranteed he'll win the dunk contest if they let him in: http://nba247365.com/?p=10231
Old 02-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #1113
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Ivan Johnson.

http://youtu.be/g4BtFdieu0A
Old 02-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #1114
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So I assume its between DJ and Ivan Johnson, I prefer the Johnson one, while DJ's move and ability to get up was insane I just hate those toss it in dunks I have always prefered the rim grabbing ones I got to go with Johnson on this one but would not be suprised if DJ got it.
andremiller07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #1115
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like DeAndre's offerings last night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGB3wtXCo3k

Contrary to a lot of folk, I'm actually quite alright with the "toss" dunks when they're due to necessity. By that I mean, I do not like when players are wide open and at the rim and still opt to softly drop, or poke and quickly pull their hands away (Carmelo Anthony). However, in the situations where a player is far away from the rim, is met with resistance, and is still able to throw it through the hoop despite their extended distance from the basket, I like those a lot. They seem to maintain authority and truly, the only thing missing is fingers hitting the rim. Shots from that far away used to always be jump hooks or double clutches. Now people are throwing them down, and it's pretty cool.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #1116
BuffaloBill
Titty Master

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My vote goes to Ivan Johnson aka Ivan the Terrible aka Ivan Ooze aka 9 to 5 or just "Ivan"
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #1117
fsvr54
F*ck Society

fsvr54 is considered somewhat coolfsvr54 is considered somewhat cool

Who you think?

My man Ivan Johnson

He actually had another nasty dunk too
fsvr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #1118
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Default Re: -StroShow's Daily Poster Thread 2012/13 (New Season, New Thread!)-

Centuries ago, Sir Isaac Newton told us that objects in motion tend to stay in motion. For this reason, no man without a death wish really has any desire to position himself in the path of a speeding Ivan Johnson. Even other NBA players, who are quite large and competitive themselves, are hesitant to get in his way. Recently, as if he’s suddenly realized just how frightening he truly is, Ivan has begun to exploit this advantage. It seems that not a Hawks game goes by nowadays in which Johnson doesn’t get at least one coast-to-coast dunk, where he just grabs the rebound and takes off dribbling. It basically works 100% of the time because nobody steps up to stop the ball. That’s not what happened on this particular play, but as you watch Johnson fill the lane like a boulder crashing down the side of a mountain you’ll understand precisely what makes him such a weapon in transition, with or without the ball.

http://youtu.be/g4BtFdieu0A

“You want me to take a charge, coach? That’s a six-foot-eight, 255-pound man who is banned for life from the Korean Basketball Association. **** that.” –Many of Johnson’s opponents, probably.

The most honorable of mentions to DeAndre Jordan, who showed off an improved post game as he put on a dunking exhibition against Orlando. As powerful as he was, though, none of his individual dunks top that of Ivan Johnson (as if I’d dare say otherwise).

Dunk rating on the Starbury Nastiness Scale:

7.5/10

PHP Code:
As Posterizer:
-
Jeff Green (5)
-
James Harden (3)
-
Tim Duncan (2)
-
Marvin Williams (2)
-
Ron Artest (2)
-
JaVale McGee (2)
-
Anderson Varejao (2)
-
Lou Williams (2)
-
Vince Carter (2)
-
Greg Smith (2)
-
Rudy Gay (2)
-
JJ Hickson (2)
-
Moe Harkless (2)
-
Nick Young (2)
-
Harrison Barnes (2)
-
Amare Stoudemire (2)
-
DeAndre Jordan (2)
-
Kobe Bryant (2)
-
Robin Lopez (1)
-
Jeff Teague (1)
-
Chase Budinger (1)
-
Kevin Durant (1)
-
Meyers Leonard (1)
-
DeMarcus Cousins (1)
-
Brook Lopez (1)
-
Jason Maxiell (1)
-
Terrence Jones (1)
-
Derrick Favors (1)
-
Chris Bosh (1)
-
Kris Humphries (1)
-
Tyson Chandler (1)
-
Patrick Patterson (1)
-
Tyler Zeller (1)
-
BJ Mullens (1)
-
Serge Ibaka (1)
-
Andre Iguodala (1)
-
Dahntay Jones (1)
-
Blake Griffin (1)
-
Luke Babbitt (1)
-
Carmelo Anthony (1)
-
Joakim Noah (1)
-
Zach Randolph (1)
-
Gerald Henderson (1)
-
Gerald Green (1)
-
JR Smith (1)
-
LeBron James (1)
-
Dominique Jones (1)
-
Tayshaun Prince (1)
-
Hamed Haddadi (1)
-
DeQuan Jones (1)
-
Paul George (1)
-
Amir Johnson (1)
-
Martell Webster (1)
-
Derrick Williams (1)
-
Taj Gibson (1)
-
Josh Smith (1)
-
Dion Waiters (1)
-
Damian Lillard (1)
-
DeMaR DeRoZaN (1)
-
Travis Outlaw (1)
-
Carlos Boozer (1)
-
Andre Drummond (1)
-
Anthony Davis (1)
-
Caron Butler (1)
-
Ivan Johnson (1)
-
None (10)

As
Posterized:
-
Serge Ibaka (3)
-
Chris Bosh (3)
-
Bismack Biyombo (3)
-
Ed Davis (3)
-
Jonas Valanciunas (2)
-
Kris Humphries (2)
-
Al Jefferson (2)
-
Patrick Patterson (2)
-
Jordan Hill (2)
-
Dwight Howard (2)
-
Robin Lopez (2)
-
Brook Lopez (2)
-
Larry Sanders (2)
-
Hasheem Thabeet (2)
-
Ersan Ilyasova (2)
-
Nene (2)
-
Gerald Wallace (2)
-
Roger Mason Jr. (1)
-
Kevin Durant (1)
-
Tyler Hansbrough (1)
-
Ronny Turiaf (1)
-
Danny Green (1)
-
Francisco Garcia (1)
-
Jason Collins (1)
-
Glen Davis (1)
-
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (1)
-
Jodie Meeks (1)
-
Jarret Jack (1)
-
Nikola Pekovic (1)
-
Meyers Leonard (1)
-
Lou Williams (1)
-
Gordon Hayward (1)
-
Moe Harkless (1)
-
LaMarcus Aldridge (1)
-
Jerry Stackhouse (1)
-
Josh Smith (1)
-
Ian Mahinmi (1)
-
Linas Kleiza (1)
-
Carlos Delfino (1)
-
Joakim Noah (1)
-
Thaddeus Young (1)
-
Samardo Samuels (1)
-
Kirk Hinrich (1)
-
Greg Stiemsma (1)
-
Kenneth Faried (1)
-
Kawhi Leonard (1)
-
Victor Claver (1)
-
Jason Smith (1)
-
Chris Paul (1)
-
Andrew Nicholson (1)
-
Robert Sacre (1)
-
Jermaine O'Neal (1)
-Manu Ginobili (1)
-DeShawn Stevenson (1)
-DeJuan Blair (1)
-Anthony Tolliver (1)
-Alonzo Gee (1)
-Derrick Favors (1)
-Chris Kaman (1)
-Kosta Koufos (1)
-E'
Twaun Moore (1)
-
Samuel Dalembert (1)
-
Gustavo Ayon (1)
-
Nikola Vucevic (1)
-
Chris Johnson (1)
-
Kevin Garnett (1)
-
None (10)

Throwback Poster of the Day: If anyone ever is foolish enough to cross Ivan’s path, this is basically what will happen (except for the part where the defender lives to tell about it).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXO7F3ZUg2c

For insightful thoughts & astute observations on NBA basketball, visit my blog.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #1119
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

If anyone caught the post before I edited it, it's a 7.5 not a 9. It said 9 for a second because I forgot to change it after Kobe's dunk.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #1120
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Default Re: -StroShow's Daily Poster Thread 2012/13 (IVAN JOHNSON!)-

Kenneth Faried and JaVale McGee had a billion dunks last night, but I don't recall any of them being posters. I suppose it's a no-poster Thursday.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #1121
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

Didn't Sacre dunk on Melo in garbage time?
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #1122
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Amar'e just got Stiemsma.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #1123
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

I think Stoudemire just got Stiemsma for an and-1.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #1124
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

STAT pooped on Stiemsma
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #1125
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk
Didn't Sacre dunk on Melo in garbage time?

Oh shit, you're right, I think he did. I'll see if I can find a video.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: