Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-05-2012, 01:41 AM   #1
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Griffin responds to new flopping fines.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--bl...oney-grab.html

Quote:
Blake Griffin: Flopping rule is just a money grab

The NBA announced Wednesday it will fine players for repeated acts of flopping, and at least one player says it’s no more than the league’s brass trying to get paid.

"It's not going to win or lose games for anybody. It's a good way for the NBA to get more money," Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin said.

Griffin's reputation as a flopper once caused Sacramento Kings forward DeMarcus Cousins to describe him as "an actor" who gets "fouled by the wind".

"I guess it's good in a sense that it stops any of it from happening," Griffin said after the Clippers' open practice and scrimmage at the Galen Center on Wednesday. "But now you're telling me if it's Game 7 of the NBA Finals and a guy has a chance to make a play he's going to be like, 'Well, do I want this $10,000 or do I want a championship?'"

Clippers guard Chris Paul, a board member of the players' union, declined comment through a team spokesperson.

Hehe
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:42 AM   #2
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Griffin responds to new flopping fines.

What happened to Clipperfan86's thread on this? I remember he got roasted on the first post.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:46 AM   #3
KeyNote
KR∆PES

KeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
What happened to Clipperfan86's thread on this? I remember he got roasted on the first post.

it got deleted

KeyNote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:47 AM   #4
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

they did they playoff rules are gonna be different. i imagine if its game 7 it's might be reviewed in game
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:47 AM   #5
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

an honest but dumb answer.

he could learn from mitt romney in delivering bullshit.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:47 AM   #6
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

CF86 deleted it cause his butthole was hurting
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:58 AM   #7
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sounds like Blake is a little annoyed he might have to change things up and watch himself.

An underrated aspect of giving a guy a fine for flopping is the fact that it could be an ego killer. Money probably won't be a huge deal to these guy's but I seriously doubt a guy like Griffin wants to get fined 3-4 times a season. As much as NBA players flop I doubt any of them want to get stuck with the label of being a flopper in the media. Right now it's all speculative or everybody does it. If a guy gets hit multiple times really doubt players want to known as the guy who led the league in fines for flopping.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:48 AM   #8
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

"Make a play"

There's nothing play-like about flopping, Blake
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #9
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Sounds like Blake is a little annoyed he might have to change things up and watch himself.

An underrated aspect of giving a guy a fine for flopping is the fact that it could be an ego killer. Money probably won't be a huge deal to these guy's but I seriously doubt a guy like Griffin wants to get fined 3-4 times a season. As much as NBA players flop I doubt any of them want to get stuck with the label of being a flopper in the media. Right now it's all speculative or everybody does it. If a guy gets hit multiple times really doubt players want to known as the guy who led the league in fines for flopping.

Good point. The fines in a sense will serve as the closest thing we have to an unofficial system to monitor and measure the flopping of players. Get fined enough that a story circulates that the league's office is mulling over a particular player's potential to be suspended, and you suddenly become nationally ridiculed.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #10
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

"But now you're telling me if it's Game 7 of the NBA Finals and a guy has a chance to make a play he's going to be like, 'Well, do I want this $10,000 or do I want a championship?'"

... Then make a legit play to win it, not flop like a little bitch.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #11
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

wagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected poster

$10,000? Holy f***! They better be donating that money to charity or this just isn't right. I hate flopping, but if they're going to take people's money over it, especially if it's ten f***ing thousand dollars, then it should be for a good cause.
wagexslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #12
rwfletch22
I hit open 5-footers

rwfletch22 has an OK reputation so far

"Make a play" real meaning "I'll flop all over the place for a ring, the game of basketball can go to...."
rwfletch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #13
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
"But now you're telling me if it's Game 7 of the NBA Finals and a guy has a chance to make a play he's going to be like, 'Well, do I want this $10,000 or do I want a championship?'"

I don't know what he's getting at here. So it's supposed to be a good thing for a player to fling their body back and flail their arms about in the most crucial game of the season just so they can dishonestly get free throws? What kind of play in a game 7 would this anti-flopping rule prevent?
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:59 AM   #14
Rolando
Good High School Starter

Rolando has decent reputationRolando has decent reputation

That just about sums it up. Blake sees flopping as a legitimate tool in his arsenal. He considers fooling the refs as an important way to win a championship. Cheating your way to a win is perfectly fine.

His parents should be real proud.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #15
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 has decent reputationpoido123 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando

That just about sums it up. Blake sees flopping as a legitimate tool in his arsenal. He considers fooling the refs as an important way to win a championship. Cheating your way to a win is perfectly fine.

His parents should be real proud.

It has masked the fact that he's a below average defender. Now he has to learn to defend properly without using this poor form of cheating.
poido123 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: