Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-05-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Will Bradley Beal be anything more than a streak shooter in this league?

I hear people saying he's a great shooter but he's not. Reports out of Washington are already saying his shot isn't falling.

If you think he's a great shooter, what evidence do you have to back your point?
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Will Bradley Beal be anything more than a streak shooter in this league?

of course he will, how are you going to underestimate my boy?!?!?!
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
midatlantic09
Local High School Star

midatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Will Bradley Beal be anything more than a streak shooter in this league?

I think he's really overrated and has benefited greatly from being perceived as a "mild mannered, good kid with a good head on his shoulders." He'll probably be a career starter in the league, but I highly doubt you'll ever see him in an NBA all-star game.

Last edited by midatlantic09 : 10-05-2012 at 02:26 PM.
midatlantic09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I can't say for sure, tho he can obviously rebound.

But is the question genuine, or is this Dion Waiters related?
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #5
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

i put a lot of stock into looking the part, and i think bradley beal does look the part of a very good nba player

not to mention the fact that i just realized we have the same tattoo

the "family" tattoo you see above on his arm, flip it over and it turns into "forever."

(andy rautins also has this tattoo which is where i got the idea)
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #6
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation here

He played out of position a lot in college so it's kinda hard to predict how he'll play.
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #7
Nash
NBA rookie of the year

Nash has decent reputationNash has decent reputation

Coming from the same guy who thought Kyrie Irving would be a huge failure. Just because you're the one saying it I'll say Bradley Beal >>>> Dion Waiters
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #8
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Dion waiters >>> bradley beal for me. Call it intuition. Or the fact that waiters game is more dynamic than beal's.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #9
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There's a 99.999% chance this is a Dion Waiters agenda driven thread.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #10
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

for the record, i want both of them to be great players in the nba.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #11
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

tough to say anything about any of the rookies at this point. I think if Beal would have fallen to the cavs they still would have taken waiters because he is more dynamic, but its up in the air right now who is going to be the overall better pro.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:10 PM   #12
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

beal is somewhat in the mold of an eric gordon less airtime can be a better shooter and a better rebounder....

thats how i see him...
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #13
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

beal seems to have a great bball iq, great looking shooting stroke, that hopefully actually translates better in the nba than it did in college.

he seems like a 20-5-5 good defenss kinda guy. hes just so under control when he plays.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:48 PM   #14
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just stepping aside from the obvious REAL point of this thread... Which, as always, is to promote a Cavs' player (Waiters) through a weak diversion and, in the process, try to make people hate us...

I do think Beal will be a nice player in the league. Will he be an elite superstar on par with the best in the league? Sort of doubt that, but a really key piece on a really good team? Yeah, I think he could be that.

Whether he makes All-Star Games or All-Pro lists is immaterial, because a lot of that will depend on what other guards are doing around the league...

Since this was created really as a Beal vs. Waiters thing, I'll end with this...

I think Beal was the far safer pick of the two and I'm confident, at the very least, he will be a good starter in the NBA. I think Dion has a lower floor, but I also think he has a higher ceiling. I don't think there are a lot of 2s coming out of college every year with his first step and ability to finish at the basket.

So, I can't blame the Cavs for swinging for the fences. It looked all along as if the Cavs were trying to desperately get their hands on Beal, but all of the reporting since the draft says their big board actually went like this...

1. Davis
2. MKG/Waiters

...and that Byron Scott personally pleaded with management to get him this player. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if both Waiters and MKG were on the board at 4. Something tells me they may have still gone with Waiters... Again, just based on the reporters, specifically Windy's article immediately following the draft when he was imbedded in their draft war room.

So, the Cavs liked Waiters better than Beal. The Wizards obviously fell in love with Beal during his workouts. We'll see which franchise was correct.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:52 PM   #15
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation here

>>> dion bench scrub
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: