Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-09-2012, 12:59 PM   #31
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Anybody Ever Done Warehouse Work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
Really? I know the cost of living is less there but damn that sounds like nothing for such hard work. Minimum wage here is $15.59 for anyone over 20.

Hard work?

It's a physical job, but it's not a hard job. Anyone with no physical disabilities can do it and it requires no qualifications of any kind, those factors equal a low paying job.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #32
Hittin_Shots
National High School Star

Hittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Hard work?

It's a physical job, but it's not a hard job. Anyone with no physical disabilities can do it and it requires no qualifications of any kind, those factors equal a low paying job.

Well I get paid $26.50 /hr to stand at a door or watch drunk fks.

The guy who said he was warehouse security, how much you getting?
Hittin_Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #33
matt1016
Kids at the park dunk on me

matt1016 has decent reputation

I worked in a large, warehouse-like U.S. Postal Service facility for a few years when I was in my early 20's. My body held up okay, and I wasn't really all that strong back then. Like everyone else advised, use proper lifting techniques and your body will adapt (after some initial soreness)

I remember bringing an extra bagel to add to my lunch and trying to find places to sit down any chance I got. My waistline did get slimmer with all the extra movement.

My brother transferred out of the facility and started carrying mail as a substitute mailman. He had to mace some crazy dogs on his route --one broke through a window screen to try to get at him!
matt1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #34
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittin_Shots

Minimum wage in Cali is $8/h (per wiki), while in Australia it's $15.6 (per the poster in this thread). So you are getting paid 170% minimum wage, while OP is getting paid 150% minimum wage. The gap between your wages is not as large as you think.

Plus, if you are a bouncer you work graveyard shift and irregular hours essentially. That job also requires more skills imo, or at least they look for a certain stock of person.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #35
upside24
Aspire To Be Great

upside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yep. Worked in a distribution place driving forklifts. Enjoyed the driving but the heat sucked.
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #36
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

How much does shit cost in Australia?
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #37
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

upside24 forklift maneuvering caught on video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUD20...eature=related
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #38
upside24
Aspire To Be Great

upside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris

I'm a little better than that. Would rep but I've given out too much.
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #39
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris

A buddy of mine did this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvcUnQZ_g2I

Knocked down about 30 pallets of milk and yogurt drink. Good times.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #40
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
A buddy of mine did this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvcUnQZ_g2I

Knocked down about 30 pallets of milk and yogurt drink. Good times.
wowsers
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #41
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here

I'm a supervisor at a warehouse at the moment. Pays pretty well. Going to school at nights.

Ask tons of questions to learn the best techniques. Stay hydrated.
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #42
Hittin_Shots

Hittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation hereHittin_Shots has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man

How much does shit cost in Australia?

Here's my states cost of living info

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living...&city=Adelaide
Old 10-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #43
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

SevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Here's my states cost of living info

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living...&city=Adelaide

Do a comparison with Perth, we're smashing you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Hard work?

Yeah solid point, physical was obviously what I meant, would be the least stressful, difficult mentally job that I could imagine. I could dig it for sure, be nice to get out from behind my desk.
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #44
Hittin_Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
Do a comparison with Perth, we're smashing you guys.

Yeah solid point, physical was obviously what I meant, would be the least stressful, difficult mentally job that I could imagine. I could dig it for sure, be nice to get out from behind my desk.

Is costing more smashing or is costing less? Wouldn't people want to cost less? Our capital city cost of living is apparently the lowest or the country.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #45
Hittin_Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Minimum wage in Cali is $8/h (per wiki), while in Australia it's $15.6 (per the poster in this thread). So you are getting paid 170% minimum wage, while OP is getting paid 150% minimum wage. The gap between your wages is not as large as you think.

Plus, if you are a bouncer you work graveyard shift and irregular hours essentially. That job also requires more skills imo, or at least they look for a certain stock of person.

Yea it's mostly night shifts, and ya always gotta worry about crazy drunk ****s goin mental. Worked 1 1/2 years as a bouncer and haven't had a fight, I mean I've broke up fk loads but not me vs patron fights. I'm more of a talker, which management seems to like.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: