Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #16
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Nash pass to Gasol, Gasol touch pass to Howard, Howard power dunk over 3 guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swi7ch
Around 2:05... who blocked Artest? Looks like Ariza?

Earl Clark
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #17
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Nash pass to Gasol, Gasol touch pass to Howard, Howard power dunk over 3 guys.

That jumper at around 2:42 still looks atrocious.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #18
ZenMaster
Whap'em

ZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by therammingman
what exercise was that with the way they seemed to keep switching guys in?

5on5on5
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #19
KeyNote
KR∆PES

KeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by therammingman
what exercise was that with the way they seemed to keep switching guys in?

3 5-man squads..every time a squad scores they keep the ball and have to score on the next squad down the court...the squad on D gets a stop, they get the ball and get to run O on the next squad on the court

from what I gather
KeyNote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #20
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is popular on this boardbrandonislegend is popular on this boardbrandonislegend is popular on this boardbrandonislegend is popular on this board

I noticed Kobe cept giving the ball straight to Nash, good thing to see.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #21
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

wow nash has a nice haircut
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #22
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
I hope everyone else can pick up for Nash on defense. He looks slow as hell.
He's got Dwight Howard protecting the rim behind him. I'm not sure that a team has ever had a more perfect combination of skills infused in one offseason. I've always felt that Nash and Howard would fit really perfectly together. As long as everyone stays healthy, they should really bring the best out of one another.

That isn't even mentioning Gasol and Bryant in the same starting five.

I don't know man... I'm not much for predictions. It is always difficult to prognosticate, especially when so many teams look so differently this year as compared to last year, but this Lakers team has the potential to become absolutely stunning.

Like I said, a lot of that is incumbent upon health and, of course, with the assumption that none of these guys have really hit the age wall coming into this season. But, if those things are not an issue, this team is scary.

My favorite for the title and I think they could potentially breeze to it. I'm just having a difficult time pin-pointing any weaknesses aside from the injury/age thing. These guys fit together perfectly.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #23
SHAQisGOAT
National High School Star

SHAQisGOAT has decent reputationSHAQisGOAT has decent reputation

All this guys together will be great to watch.
SHAQisGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #24
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2013 Champions

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

Ngl I'm really happy (and surprised) to see Dwight moving so well already. I really didn't want to see him hobbling in pain or weak.
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #25
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Fapped.

Then dipped myself in milk to recover, rewatched, and fapped again.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #26
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
He's got Dwight Howard protecting the rim behind him. I'm not sure that a team has ever had a more perfect combination of skills infused in one offseason. I've always felt that Nash and Howard would fit really perfectly together. As long as everyone stays healthy, they should really bring the best out of one another.

I don't know man... I'm not much for predictions. It is always difficult to prognosticate, especially when so many teams look so differently this year as compared to last year, but this Lakers team has the potential to become absolutely stunning.

Like I said, a lot of that is incumbent upon health and, of course, with the assumption that none of these guys have really hit the age wall coming into this season. But, if those things are not an issue, this team is scary.

My favorite for the title and I think they could potentially breeze to it. I'm just having a difficult time pin-pointing any weaknesses aside from the injury/age thing. These guys fit together perfectly.

I totally agree. I just don't wanna set my hopes up to high. This team is built perfectly to account for Nash's weaknesses.

I'm really worried about OKC tho. When Westbrook/Harden isolates it is really hard to give help. Still looking forward to the season. My squad is soo stacked I actually won't even use them in 2k13. Feels like an all star team.

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 10-05-2012 at 10:38 PM.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:03 PM   #27
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

Quote:
He's got Dwight Howard protecting the rim behind him.

Yeah, this.^^^ Nash doesn't really need to stay in front of anybody. D12 is the 3x DPOY.
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #28
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
I totally agree. I just don't wanna set my hopes up to high. This team is built perfectly to account for Nash's weaknesses.

I'm really worried about OKC tho. When Westbrook/Harden isolates it is really hard to give help. Still looking forward to the season. My squad is soo stacked I actually won't even use them in 2k13. Feels like an all star team.
This Lakers team, if healthy, would absolutely eat OKC alive in the frontcourt. Same goes for Miami.

Again, if things come together like I think they may, this is my title favorite by a pretty wide margin. And, I'm no Lakers fan, obviously. I don't despise them like a lot of people do, but I'm about as unbiased as a person can be when it comes to that team.

I think they could be great... Not really good, but great.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #29
j3lademaster
I get superstar calls

j3lademaster is a pretty well-respected posterj3lademaster is a pretty well-respected posterj3lademaster is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Dwight protecting the paint is definitely an upgrade defensively(especially against pnr where Bynum looks like a statue), but Bynum is no slouch and the Lakers were extremely difficult to score again inside the past two years. They lose to jump shooting teams like OKC and Dallas (and in embarrassing fashion). Even when they were heavy favorites going into the Dallas series. Point is, Lakers have always had elite rim protection, but their perimeter D needs to step up or they risk having this happen again.
j3lademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:51 PM   #30
Droid101
3-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3lademaster
Lakers have always had elite rim protection,
Andrew Bynum has never been on an all-defensive team.

Dwight Howard is a three-time Defensive player of the year.

Let that jiggle around in your head for a few minutes.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: