Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #136
kNicKz
College superstar
 
kNicKz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,985
kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne 1

kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:13 AM   #137
Bandito
NBA Role Player
 
Bandito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 13,948
Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

Even ifnlebron was the main reason they won 60 games he's the main reason why they lost against the Celtics in that pathetic conference finals because he gave up, trying to use a Phantom shoulder injury excuse. he was trying to do the same in 2011 but the heat denied that he was injured. As talented and athletic as he is he is weak in the head, he doesnt have heart as some people say.

In 2012 though he showed a lot of heart though, specially when he had those cramps because you could see he was playing with a mission becoming the point guard in that team. I give him his dues but I am not a stan like you guys tmacattack and just say he's the goat just because. Those two years were critical for him and he blew it.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:57 AM   #138
red1
Dinosaurs
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 10,428
red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
Even ifnlebron was the main reason they won 60 games he's the main reason why they lost against the Celtics in that pathetic conference finals because he gave up, trying to use a Phantom shoulder injury excuse. he was trying to do the same in 2011 but the heat denied that he was injured. As talented and athletic as he is he is weak in the head, he doesnt have heart as some people say.

In 2012 though he showed a lot of heart though, specially when he had those cramps because you could see he was playing with a mission becoming the point guard in that team. I give him his dues but I am not a stan like you guys tmacattack and just say he's the goat just because. Those two years were critical for him and he blew it.
he did choke during the 2011 finals but I don't remember him faking a shoulder injury like you say
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #139
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor
 
Bigsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 16,970
Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne 1
LeBron's performance in 2011 was the worst Finals performance out of any star I've ever seen. As bad as Kobe was in the '04 Finals, which was nearly as bad as LeBron in '07, LeBron's '11 Finals performance was even more pathetic.

That doesn't even take into account that Kobe single-handedly won a game and LeBron wasn't dealing with a rape accusation, a screwed up family, a feuding team mate, injured 3rd best player, team with horrible chemistry, starting PG who criticized the triangle l offense and said he didn't buy into it. and of course one of the all-time great defensive teams ever, if not the greatest.

LeBron wasnt the one who kept the Heat in it in game 1?

Kobe was the issue why the Lakers didn't win in 2004. he sucked... worrying about who sucked more between Kobe in 2004 or LeBron in 2011 should be irrelevant but very hypocritical to nag about.

i dont even know why i'm responding to you. Kobe's cock is too far down your throat.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #140
Bandito
NBA Role Player
 
Bandito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 13,948
Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
he did choke during the 2011 finals but I don't remember him faking a shoulder injury like you say
of he did it was all over ESPN at the time, either that or elbow I keep forgetting. Supposedly he was playing with an injury and the heat in 2011 have to tell the news people that lebron didn't have an injury. didn't could try and find some proof about it if you don't believe me but I really don't want to look for any because I really don't care if you believe me or not as I don't really care enough about NBA players to lie about stupid crap like that. But even if I ws laying about that the fact is lebron choked in 2010 and that is a fact.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #141
Bandito
NBA Role Player
 
Bandito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 13,948
Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
LeBron wasnt the one who kept the Heat in it in game 1?

Kobe was the issue why the Lakers didn't win in 2004. he sucked... worrying about who sucked more between Kobe in 2004 or LeBron in 2011 should be irrelevant but very hypocritical to nag about.

i dont even know why i'm responding to you. Kobe's cock is too far down your throat.
you can't even compare Kobe 04 to lebron 11. Kobe didn't choke he just had a bad series. You can compare lebron 07 to Kobe 04 for example which would be a more fair comparison.

Also you can't say nothing about his homerism when you are at best at bigger homer as him, but different balls though
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #142
Ne 1
College superstar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,566
Ne 1 is a pretty well-respected posterNe 1 is a pretty well-respected posterNe 1 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

Quote:
Kobe was the issue why the Lakers didn't win in 2004.

Yeah, it was all Kobe's fault. The rest of the team outside Shaq of shooting 33%, Malone injured, Shaq's lazy play defensively and on the boards, and Payton's atrocious play had nothing to do with it. It's all Kobe's fault. That's why the biggest blow-out loss came in the game where he only had 13 shots, right? lmao.

What a moron.

I don't even know why I'm responding to you, a well known LeBron semen guzzler.

Last edited by Ne 1 : 10-08-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Ne 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #143
LakersReign
Banned
 
LakersReign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: I Stand Alone
Posts: 4,426
LakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputation
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
LeBron wasnt the one who kept the Heat in it in game 1?

Kobe was the issue why the Lakers didn't win in 2004. he sucked... worrying about who sucked more between Kobe in 2004 or LeBron in 2011 should be irrelevant but very hypocritical to nag about.

i dont even know why i'm responding to you. Kobe's cock is too far down your throat.

Love it how morons like you always want to try to diss Kobe to try to make Lebron look good. You seemed to have conveniently left out the part where the Lakers lost Malone during the playoffs. And say whatever you want about Kobe, he didn't just quit like Lebron did in '11, nor did he get embarrassed by a role player the way Terry did Lebron. Stop reaching

Last edited by LakersReign : 10-08-2012 at 12:31 PM.
LakersReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #144
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year
 
tmacattack33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,283
tmacattack33 has not been impressing people
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

Wow. I didn't expect so many replies. This one of the most telling threads i've seen here.

As I said in the OP, this stat doesn't mean much because it's not better to miss the playoffs entirely than it is to miss the playoffs and lose.

This thread was a test to see how many people wouldcontradict themselves. I'm sure many haters in this thread like to go around talking about Lebron being 1-3 in the Finals (and that was actually brought up in this thread too), as if that was worse than him being 1-1. It clearly is not, as getting to the Finals and losing is better than not getting their at all.





So i think it goes without saying that you all failed the test.

tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:17 AM   #145
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED
 
ripthekik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,361
ripthekik has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacattack33
Wow. I didn't expect so many replies. This one of the most telling threads i've seen here.

As I said in the OP, this stat doesn't mean much because it's not better to miss the playoffs entirely than it is to miss the playoffs and lose.

This thread was a test to see how many people wouldcontradict themselves. I'm sure many haters in this thread like to go around talking about Lebron being 1-3 in the Finals (and that was actually brought up in this thread too), as if that was worse than him being 1-1. It clearly is not, as getting to the Finals and losing is better than not getting their at all.





So i think it goes without saying that you all failed the test.

Not really.
If you're good enough that you can get to the finals.. but you lose at the finals at a far higher rate than winning.. say 1/5. Doesn't that tell you something about their character?

I mean getting to the finals and winning say 2 out of 4. That's alright. But getting to the finals and losing most of the times? That just tells us that you are weak and can't handle pressure when it matters the most.

Lebron will soon be 1/4 in the finals.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:39 AM   #146
plowking
well DENG
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 22,769
plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
Not really.
If you're good enough that you can get to the finals.. but you lose at the finals at a far higher rate than winning.. say 1/5. Doesn't that tell you something about their character?

I mean getting to the finals and winning say 2 out of 4. That's alright. But getting to the finals and losing most of the times? That just tells us that you are weak and can't handle pressure when it matters the most.

Lebron will soon be 1/4 in the finals.

Why was Jerry West considered one of the most clutch performers of his time then?
Its funny, since when there was a West vs Wade comparison thread, West's superior clutch play was bought up, despite Wade being the better big game performer going by your analysis. Its only fair when it works both ways for your argument, right?
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:40 AM   #147
plowking
well DENG
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 22,769
plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
of he did it was all over ESPN at the time, either that or elbow I keep forgetting. Supposedly he was playing with an injury and the heat in 2011 have to tell the news people that lebron didn't have an injury. didn't could try and find some proof about it if you don't believe me but I really don't want to look for any because I really don't care if you believe me or not as I don't really care enough about NBA players to lie about stupid crap like that. But even if I ws laying about that the fact is lebron choked in 2010 and that is a fact.



You don't care, yet you are in literally every Lebron thread bagging him, and in every Kobe thread protecting him.

Sad, sad kid.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #148
The Iron Fist
Great college starter
 
The Iron Fist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,542
The Iron Fist is starting to rub some people the wrong wayThe Iron Fist is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
This has got to be the dumbest pro LeBron thread ever.

Some of you kids have only been watching the NBA since what 2010????

Look at the strength if the Eastern Conference on the 2000's. only two good teams and one great team.
Good teams being Pistons and the Cavs and great being the Celtics. And that's it.
let's not forget when people wanted the playoff format to be restructured to only include the 16 best teams throughout the league rather than the 8 best from each conference. that's how bad the east was.
The Iron Fist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #149
KingBeasley08
World's Finest
 
KingBeasley08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: State College
Posts: 6,737
KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

cool stat
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #150
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year
 
tmacattack33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,283
tmacattack33 has not been impressing people
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
Not really.
If you're good enough that you can get to the finals.. but you lose at the finals at a far higher rate than winning.. say 1/5. Doesn't that tell you something about their character?

I mean getting to the finals and winning say 2 out of 4. That's alright. But getting to the finals and losing most of the times? That just tells us that you are weak and can't handle pressure when it matters the most.

Lebron will soon be 1/4 in the finals.

Well you'd have to use context, which is another thing this thread exposed...

...the same people trying to insert "Yeah, but the 7-0 is meaningless because the East sucked" don't use any context when trying to berate Lebron for having a 1-3 Finals record.


I love this thread. I threw a little stat out there (and even said it doesn't mean so much), and within a few days so many Lebron haters got butthurt and ended up contradicting themselves.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:45 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy