Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #76
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12,821
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

He's gone up against the worst playoff teams in 30 years in his first rounds.
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #77
BrickingStar
Banned
 
BrickingStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,214
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
He's gone up against the worst playoff teams in 30 years in his first rounds.
Cavaliers without lebron are even worse

Last edited by BrickingStar : 10-06-2012 at 03:55 PM.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #78
RaininTwos
Betrayed
 
RaininTwos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,229
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
He's gone up against the worst playoff teams in 30 years in his first rounds.

might as go as far as you can with the bullshit
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #79
Ne 1
College superstar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 4,575
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
Cavaliers without lebron are even worse

If you take away a superstar, its not uncommon that his team will struggle. Without David Robinson, San Antonio was a lottery team in '97. Just because the Cavs struggled doesn't mean it was all because of LeBron. It's the team they built. They were basically a one man show on offense. Similar to the '01 Sixers with AI carrying the scoring load. Without LeBron there was nobody to run the offense. But that doesn't mean they were playing with a bunch of worthless bums, not capable of winning anything. Without Howard, Orlando would be quiet similar probably. A lot of wins in regular season is nice but its been done many times by even teams that were a one man show on offense.
Ne 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #80
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor
 
Bigsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 17,188
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

Kobe stans are morons
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #81
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago's Finest
Posts: 2,498
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
It always ends up being one guy. Lebron is it. he didnt do shit when they got there. But it was his team and will be remembered as such.
That doesn't mean they're correct. LeBron and Wade's play in 2011 was EXACTLY on the same level. So, they ... and yourself ... would be wrong in considering the 2011 Heat to be LeBron's team alone.

It's been conceited by the actual two lead dogs on that team that they kept trying to take turns dominating, and what helped this year was Wade's selfless ego taking a deliberate back seat for LeBron, to stroke his ego and allow him to be considered the team's best player.

For right or wrong, that's the truth. 2012 Heat are LeBron's team. It worked because there was an actual hierarchy, and not two alphas battling it out for whose team it was as they did in 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
The people hating on Lebron do a lot to show how great he is. I mean...this guy is 27
Once again, age has nothing to do with it. He's a 10x year NBA vet. A decade in the league. He's not a 27 year old, just 5 years deep in the NBA out of college.

Is he still young? Yes. But he has a lot of mileage, and a lot of experience. So giving his accomplishments an additional boost of claiming how young he is doesn't make sense.

There is a ying and yang to that argument. On one side you could say how great he is for being this young and accomplishing all he has, on the other you can say well the young man CHOSE to come out early, thus having a dramatic head start on his career.

Both statistically, and for experience purposes.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:13 AM   #82
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED
 
ripthekik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,367
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
As I asked....what does he do? Not lead every team for years to an elite record so he plays a good team in the first round?


We're not saying he's lucky for being 1st seed and playing the 8th seed. We're saying he's lucky because the 8th seeds sucked so much and are very much below average, especially compared to the West and other years.

There's nothing else he can do.. ok then that's that. BUT trying to make it like it's special? Making it sound as if it's a huge achievement? Beating out the lower seeds in one of the worst conferences in years, beating teams that are few of the worst in playoff history.

He did nothing except play in a weak league, that makes him special? Come on, kblaze. Your love for lebron is leaking out.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:14 AM   #83
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED
 
ripthekik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,367
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne 1

this is gold
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:31 AM   #84
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter
 
Indian guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,524
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23

It's been conceited by the actual two lead dogs on that team that they kept trying to take turns dominating

Maybe the first 20-odd games of that season, but their chemistry was a non-issue the rest of the way. They both stopped worrying about each other and began playing their games. Miami was the league's #1 ranked offense the final 50-odd games of 2011, and dispatched each of their EC opponents with more ease than they did in 2012, despite facing significantly tougher competition in 2011. They failed to win the championship because LeBron forgot the season didn't end with the ECF, not because of supposed hierarchical issues between him and Wade. That stopped being a problem long ago. LeBron and Wade could've approached 2012 exactly how they did the prior year and would've still won the championship.

Last edited by Indian guy : 10-07-2012 at 03:46 AM.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:34 AM   #85
stickfigure87
I hit open layups
 
stickfigure87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 168
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehyaM24
but no one expected lebron to make the finals..let alone win a championship with that supporting cast. why the revisionism, jerry?

no one expected the cavs to make the finals? what were all those nike puppet commercials we were watching? espn had the cavs picked (and rightfully so) to make the finals.

revisionism, much?
stickfigure87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:51 AM   #86
gabeh1018
Good High School Starter
 
gabeh1018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 806
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

ok you say it's because he played in the east, but I think it's important to point out that no one else in the east has made it look so easy "getting out of the first round" in the east come playoff time

especially with his surrounding teammates

not giving him a pass on anything else, just pointing out an objective fact
gabeh1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:53 AM   #87
DirtySanchez
National High School Star
 
DirtySanchez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,013
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

This has got to be the dumbest pro LeBron thread ever.

Some of you kids have only been watching the NBA since what 2010????

Look at the strength if the Eastern Conference on the 2000's. only two good teams and one great team.
Good teams being Pistons and the Cavs and great being the Celtics. And that's it.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:56 AM   #88
LakersReign
Banned
 
LakersReign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: I Stand Alone
Posts: 4,426
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeh1018
ok you say it's because he played in the east, but I think it's important to point out that no one else in the east has made it look so easy "getting out of the first round" in the east come playoff time

especially with his surrounding teammates

not giving him a pass on anything else, just pointing out an objective fact

(yawn)

LakersReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:58 AM   #89
DirtySanchez
National High School Star
 
DirtySanchez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,013
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeh1018
ok you say it's because he played in the east, but I think it's important to point out that no one else in the east has made it look so easy "getting out of the first round" in the east come playoff time

especially with his surrounding teammates

not giving him a pass on anything else, just pointing out an objective fact

The next bullish.t comment that LeBron had no teammates in Cleveland. Get the f.ck out of here with that BS. No he didn't have any all star face of the franchise teammates he has now....but he did have good role players that built a team around his skills. Basketball is a team game and he had a good team built around him. Stop with that BS it just shows you don't know shit about ball.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:02 AM   #90
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014
 
d.bball.guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,464
Default Re: Lebron has never lost in the First Round of the playoffs

d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:57 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy