Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Jeremy Lin Becoming Vocal Leader Of Rockets

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/conf...s=iref:nbahpt1

Teammates talking about him being the best player on the floor. The most confident. A floor general. I'm really going to keep my eye on Lin this year because I DO feel dude is going to be an all star level talent this year and going forward. There is no such thing as 15-20 game flukes. The guy is going to improve and has been working his ass off.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #2
Walker
Cool Custom Title

Walker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Jeremy Lin Becoming Vocal Leader Of Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86

Teammates talking about him being the best player on the floor. The most confident. A floor general. I'm really going to keep my eye on Lin this year because I DO feel dude is going to be an all star level talent this year and going forward. There is no such thing as 15-20 game flukes. The guy is going to improve and has been working his ass off.

I could cut my foot off, put a Rockets jersey on it and it'd be the best player on the floor for Houston
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker
I could cut my foot off, put a Rockets jersey on it and it'd be the best player on the floor for Houston

True best player on Rockets isn't saying a lot but this guy is special.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:15 AM   #4
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker

of course you would.

If you were 7 feet tall you would be the best center in the NBA too?
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #5
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lin sat out a playoff game for NY he was healthy enough to play (smart or not, he did sit out). He spent the whole offseason promoting himself as a brand. You'll excuse me if i want to see this first before i believe it.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #6
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

more than half the team are rookies, they havnt seen true talent yet until midway when they are getting blown out
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:30 AM   #7
New World Order
I airball my layups

New World Order has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Lin sat out a playoff game for NY he was healthy enough to play (smart or not, he did sit out). He spent the whole offseason promoting himself as a brand. You'll excuse me if i want to see this first before i believe it.

The whole "85%" issue was not saying Lin was 85% healthy to play (and thus physically able to play and probably should have played). He said he was 85% to being at the physical threshold of being able to play (meaning he was still in too much pain to suit up). Whenever he moved, he had pain and he couldn't even touch the rim. Lin has refuted this 85% thing a few times but some people keep saying, "He was healthy and was 85% to being perfect, near 100% health" and that's not what happened.

Last edited by New World Order : 10-04-2012 at 09:32 AM.
New World Order is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #8
nathanjizzle
OG

nathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

he looks alot more physically developed this year. he has a solid jump shot, and can create plays.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #9
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Sour grapes.

You know he didn't say he was healthy enough to play.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #10
Pointguard
NBA rookie of the year

Pointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPointguard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86

The guy can play, if given the freedom. Speed and quickness from a defensive team bothers him some but he should be one of the better point guards out West. Two things I wonder about. If he doesn't go all out with his play, its a special talent to do the Wade, Rose, AI, KG thing for 80 games, is Lin still good. I don't think he can go all out for 60 games, but I can be wrong. The other thing is zones. With the Knicks his game did dim a bit once the scouting reports got out so his grade was incomplete.

He's a baller, no doubt. Endurance is the biggest question. Another thing to add is that they play more wide open out west so his game could flourish even more. But I think the scouting will balance that out, tho.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Sour grapes.

You know he didn't say he was healthy enough to play.

He was healthy enough to play, his injury was not something you cannot play through. He didn't because he had a contract coming up. Was it smart? YES. Does it scream locker room leader? NO. (Note: and the whole board said as much, my take was always he doesn't need to if he thinks he will get reinjured. But again - that's not locker room leader. Not at all.)

I was 85% of the minimum requirement i can play, get the **** out - who talks like that?

Last edited by niko : 10-04-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #12
LakersPwnCavs
Can barely lace up my sneakers

LakersPwnCavs has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
He was healthy enough to play, his injury was not something you cannot play through. He didn't because he had a contract coming up. Was it smart? YES. Does it scream locker room leader? NO. (Note: and the whole board said as much, my take was always he doesn't need to if he thinks he will get reinjured. But again - that's not locker room leader. Not at all.)

I was 85% of the minimum requirement i can play, get the **** out - who talks like that?

Asians.

But stop hating on Lin -___- he saved the knicks chances to be in the playoffs ! & it was a knee injury!!! U could risk losing ur whole career as a rookie w no contract!!! R u ****ing kidding me? Some of u r stupid as hell.. If u were in his shoes.. U had 20 games of fame n aint get paid yet.. Knee injury at 85% w ur team alrdy being down like 3-1 w most of them being blowouts!

OHHHH and ur asking a guy recovering from knee surgery to play in a series where we saw 2 of his teamates shumpert n barron davis destroy their knees.

Dumbass!
LakersPwnCavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #13
Mr Exlax
McFailed next season

Mr Exlax has decent reputationMr Exlax has decent reputation

He's the starting PG. He better be the vocal leader.
Mr Exlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #14
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersPwnCavs
Asians.

But stop hating on Lin -___- he saved the knicks chances to be in the playoffs ! & it was a knee injury!!! U could risk losing ur whole career as a rookie w no contract!!! R u ****ing kidding me? Some of u r stupid as hell.. If u were in his shoes.. U had 20 games of fame n aint get paid yet.. Knee injury at 85% w ur team alrdy being down like 3-1 w most of them being blowouts!

OHHHH and ur asking a guy recovering from knee surgery to play in a series where we saw 2 of his teamates shumpert n barron davis destroy their knees.

Dumbass!

Not hating. Saying i don't see him as the vocal leader. He wasn't in NYC.

And not playing hurt is not something the "leader" would be worried about. The "leader" would get his ass in there and inspire everyone else.

EVERYONE LETS GO! LETS WIN! OH, im not playing, my knee hurts. BUT BE INSPIRED!
Old 10-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #15
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Probably people coming off knee surgery.

I think it's bush league for you to question his decision being that you really have no idea what kind of condition his surgically repaired knee was in.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: