Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-11-2012, 05:06 AM   #31
stallionaire
#ItsFeedingTime

stallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: The NFC North is the best division in football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
the division has weak fan hatred though...

NFC East has the most heated rivalries...bar none

Bears-Packers-Vikings rivalry is legit. Stop fronting.
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #32
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

nfc east rivalries shit on all other rivalries

me and gobb wanted to kill each other last year on the Redskins thread I made. and thats the weaker rivalry compared to eagles (gobb) - cowboys (ptiddy) -giants (couple posters)
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:05 PM   #33
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

At all these guys acting like the Packers are bad this year. Biggest Superbowl threat IMO
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #34
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

If Cleveland could ever get their shit together and elevate into a consistent 7-9 to 9-7 somewhere in that range team on average making the post season here and there, then me believes easily AFC North would reign supreme most year-after-year. Egh, we're unfortunately talking about the Browns here.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #35
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

ROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I can't really argue this thread topic at this point.

Watching football this weekend had me thinking, "The Lions are pretty much the worst team in the NFC North."

What did they do? Come back and defeat Philly IN Philly

NFC East best team atm: NY Giants
NFC North best team atm: toss up between CHI and GB

NFC East WORST team: Dallas Cowboys
NFC North worst team: Detroit Lions (mainly cuz of defense)

Giants > CHI and GB right now cuz more balanced

Lions > Dallas

Lions have offense playmakers that can win them a game when it counts, the Cowboys simply do not.

While the East has the best team in all the divisions, more even and parity in the NFC North.

I'll succumb to calling them the best division in football top to bottom AT THIS MOMENT if Stafford and Calvin are part of the worst team in the division.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #36
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

ROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
nfc east rivalries shit on all other rivalries

me and gobb wanted to kill each other last year on the Redskins thread I made. and thats the weaker rivalry compared to eagles (gobb) - cowboys (ptiddy) -giants (couple posters)

To be fair, I ALWAYS wanna kill GOBB and ptiddy...

But I may chill w GOBB at the Skins-Eagles game this season
Old 10-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #37
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Browns will win that division next year
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #38
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
If Cleveland could ever get their shit together and elevate into a consistent 7-9 to 9-7 somewhere in that range team on average making the post season here and there, then me believes easily AFC North would reign supreme most year-after-year. Egh, we're unfortunately talking about the Browns here.

Sry Charlie (Brown) CLE is the most snake-bitten sports town in America. I've always hoped that the Browns would at least evolve and be 'decent'. It simply has not happened.

I had hope that the Joe Thomas-Brady Quinn-Braylon Edwards core a few years ago could be formidable and Quinn/Edwards turned out to be busts in the long haul.

Weeden is smart and accurate and I love Trent Rich but I don't see them overtaking PIT BAL or CIN in the next three years
Old 10-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #39
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You had for Quinn? Notre Dame QBs have been overhyped for quite some time with them hoping for the next Joe Montana.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #40
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

I guess it was hopeful optimism

I jus really wanted them to beat up the Ravens with that new offense core they had instilled
Old 10-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #41
stallionaire
#ItsFeedingTime

stallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this board

NFC north can send 3 teams to the playoffs right now, better than any division. Lions blow dick this year but I knew they were pretenders since last year.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #42
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallionaire
NFC north can send 3 teams to the playoffs right now, better than any division. Lions blow dick this year but I knew they were pretenders since last year.

Pretenders? Blow dick?

You can't honestly argue that they are untalented. The problem with this Detroit Lions team stems overall from a complete lack of leadership and discipline. Personal fouls are still happening way too often, stupid offsides, drops, redzone fumbles, abhorrent special teams play...But even with all of that, they still played the Chicago Bears very close and stayed within reach the entire game.

Are they a legitimate playoff threat this year? No, they aren't. Are they under performing? Yes, they certainly are. Are they a bad team? No. They are currently playing bad, but that will change once they figure out the issues I listed above (which are correctable issues).

It baffles me that people like you just go by the box score and say "The Lions are so bad! Stafford can't do anything! Calvin obviously fooled everyone last year (yes I've actually heard that argument). It seems like you don't watch them play at all, or if you do, are blinded by your love of the Vikings.

You probably won't respond because you won't be able to negate my arguments here, but I'd like to see what you have to say to this.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:29 PM   #43
stallionaire
#ItsFeedingTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim.
Pretenders? Blow dick?

You can't honestly argue that they are untalented. The problem with this Detroit Lions team stems overall from a complete lack of leadership and discipline. Personal fouls are still happening way too often, stupid offsides, drops, redzone fumbles, abhorrent special teams play...But even with all of that, they still played the Chicago Bears very close and stayed within reach the entire game.

Are they a legitimate playoff threat this year? No, they aren't. Are they under performing? Yes, they certainly are. Are they a bad team? No. They are currently playing bad, but that will change once they figure out the issues I listed above (which are correctable issues).

It baffles me that people like you just go by the box score and say "The Lions are so bad! Stafford can't do anything! Calvin obviously fooled everyone last year (yes I've actually heard that argument). It seems like you don't watch them play at all, or if you do, are blinded by your love of the Vikings.

You probably won't respond because you won't be able to negate my arguments here, but I'd like to see what you have to say to this.

I've seen enough Lions this year to know that your special teams is the worst in the league, which alone has lost you guys 2 games. Remember the Vikes didn't even need to score an offensive touchdown on yall.

Calvin is still the real deal, my criticism isn't directed at your offense (despite Stafford throwing 3 picks in the redzone on Monday). I don't understand why Stafford is throwing as much as he is (44 passes a game) given that Detroit's running game isn't THAT bad. Your coordinators aren't playing to any new strengths, the tape on the Lions is out from last year and people aren't allowing the Stafford-Megatron show to happen anymore, which BARELY got Detroit into the playoffs that season.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #44
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallionaire
I've seen enough Lions this year to know that your special teams is the worst in the league, which alone has lost you guys 2 games. Remember the Vikes didn't even need to score an offensive touchdown on yall.

Calvin is still the real deal, my criticism isn't directed at your offense (despite Stafford throwing 3 picks in the redzone on Monday). I don't understand why Stafford is throwing as much as he is (44 passes a game) given that Detroit's running game isn't THAT bad. Your coordinators aren't playing to any new strengths, the tape on the Lions is out from last year and people aren't allowing the Stafford-Megatron show to happen anymore, which BARELY got Detroit into the playoffs that season.
You are extremely uniformed. Stafford's one interception came on a 4th down when he was essentially throwing it away. Mikel Leshoure, part of the Lions so called "not so bad" running game and Joique Bell both fumbled in the redzone and Alphonso Smith muffed a return and let the Bears have it deep in Lions territory. Until the running game can resemble something useful, Stafford will continue to throw the ball 40-50 times a game. He did that last year, and he will keep doing it this year. Stafford has been inconsistent, yes, but the receivers have made countless drops and several boneheaded plays (Pettigrew fumbling twice in the span of three plays against the Bears).

Special teams is absolutely dismal. From missing tackles to lackluster blocking and poor punting, they are getting trashed. But to call the Lions pretenders is a joke. They are still an effective team, they just haven't showed it this year.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #45
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
But to call the Lions pretenders is a joke. They are still an effective team, they just haven't showed it this year.

Gotta love homerism.

Not a shot at you. Most of us do it. But read that aloud and think about it.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: