Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-29-2014, 02:00 PM   #1
Nowitness
High School JV MVP

Nowitness is a pretty well-respected posterNowitness is a pretty well-respected posterNowitness is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Sopranos vs Breaking Bad

which one you got and why?
Nowitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:09 PM   #2
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin

christian1923 has not been impressing people
Default Re: Sopranos vs Breaking Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowitness
which one you got and why?
Breaking bad cause I haven't seen most of the sopranos
christian1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:11 PM   #3
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

love em both but I give it to Sopranos just because it has much better characterized characters. BB has an awesome plot that's pure pulp but only Walt (and Jessie to an extent) are fully developed characters.
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:20 PM   #4
casual_fan
I hit open layups

casual_fan has no real reputation yet.

Sopranos had a bigger influence and therefore critics will rate it higher.

But i got too annoyed with certain plots like the " tony is in a coma " mess or episodes about carmella taking a vacation.
Donīt even get me started on the ending
Nonetheless: at the time it was the best thing i have ever seen on tv.

Breaking Bad had it flaws too ( hi junior ) but they got a clearer vision where they wanted to go with the show.

So even it got a little too crazy sometimes, my vote goes to Breaking Bad.
casual_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:28 PM   #5
robert de niro
Two-Time Oscar MVP

robert de niro is a pretty well-respected posterrobert de niro is a pretty well-respected posterrobert de niro is a pretty well-respected poster

breaking bad
robert de niro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:30 PM   #6
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
love em both but I give it to Sopranos just because it has much better characterized characters. BB has an awesome plot that's pure pulp but only Walt (and Jessie to an extent) are fully developed characters.

This. Even the world itself, beyond the characters, is more fully developed.

Breaking Bad is almost entirely plot driven, while being pushed to another level by a truely masterful single performance. I'm curious to see how it will hold to re-watching.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:31 PM   #7
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this board

Picking between the Sopranos and Breaking Bad is like picking between MJ or KAJ as GOAT, both have their arguments...
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:32 PM   #8
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has decent reputationTylerOO has decent reputation

Sopranos. I felt like I knew the characters like family after watching it. So sad to see it end.
TylerOO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:19 PM   #9
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Sopranos Is the better show but Breaking Bad is fun and entertaining in a way that Sopranos was never meant to be.

I wish I would have seen The Sopranos one episode per week. Instead I binge watched it within a month and by the end I was getting very burned out on it. The latter seasons dragged a bit and felt like just moreof the same. Thats more of my issue than the shows fault.

Everything that television is today has in one way or another been modeled on The Sopranos. So it's difficult to put other show above it. Same goes for The Wire.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:13 PM   #10
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Picking between the Sopranos and Breaking Bad is like picking between MJ or KAJ as GOAT, both have their arguments...
More like KAJ and some other top 5 player.

The Wire = MJ
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:19 PM   #11
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputation

The Wire >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Breaking Bad >>> Sapranos
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:19 PM   #12
dazzer87
Great college starter

dazzer87 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Comparing Breaking Bad to The Sopranos???????????
dazzer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:28 PM   #13
Raymone
The Chosen King

Raymone has no real reputation yet.

1. The Sopranos: Won 5 Golden Globes (23 nominations) and 21 Emmys (111 nominations).

2. Breaking Bad: Won 2 Golden Globes (7 nominations) and 16 Emmys (49 nominations).

7. The Wire: Won 0 Golden Globes (0 nominations) and 0 Emmys (2 nominations).
Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:30 PM   #14
Raymone
The Chosen King

Raymone has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzer87
Comparing Breaking Bad to The Sopranos???????????

BB is definitely not on Sopranos level, but it's not as laughable as comparing The Wire to the two.
Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:31 PM   #15
Orlando Magic
National High School Star

Orlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterOrlando Magic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well Tony Soprano was the first big antihero on tv, and Walter White probably wouldn't exist without him... so the Sopranos.

BTW The Sopranos was just a better show period.
Orlando Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: