Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-02-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here
Default Will Nash be the first player to reach 20k points/10k assist in history?

Updated for the 2012-2013 season

16649/9916

Being on the Lakers does it increase or decrease his chances?

Last edited by Yung D-Will : 10-05-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #2
SteveNashMVPcro
Nash homer

SteveNashMVPcro has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Will Nash be the first player to reach 20k points/10k assist in history?

I dont think he can do it honestly.He would have to average 15ppg for another 280 games and considering this season has only 41 games left he would need 4 more @15 ppg :/ and he will turn 38 in 5 days so it means he would have to keep up the ppg average to the age of 41/42
SteveNashMVPcro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
PHILA
Decent college freshman

PHILA has an incredible reputation herePHILA has an incredible reputation herePHILA has an incredible reputation herePHILA has an incredible reputation herePHILA has an incredible reputation herePHILA has an incredible reputation herePHILA has an incredible reputation herePHILA has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Will Nash be the first player to reach 20k points/10k assist in history?

Quote:
Oscar Robertson: 26,710 pts / 9,887 assts

The Big O: my life, my times, my game - Oscar Robertson

PHILA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have my doubts on Nash being able to pull off this feat only because he's already in his late-30's, and chances are that he won't be able to score as many ppg into his early-40's.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

If he comes to the Blazers and makes all the open 3's that Felton has been missing, then the answer is yes.

All he needs to do is run, pass, and shoot 3's for the next 4-5 years.

And yes, a guy like Nash could last for another 3-5 years. John Stockton, who played until he was 40*, could've also played 1-3 years but chose not to.

*His PER 36 at 40 years old was 14/10.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I know it seems wrong, but I flat out don't believe Oscar Robertson. I don't believe that, really, any plays where a player took one dribble on the way off were not counted as an assist. I just don't. I refuse to believe that Oscar Robertson ever averaged 12.5APG with that rule in place. What does that mean? So what was the right average? I don't believe him.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #7
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

gasp
Old 02-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #8
bwink23
Banned

bwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat cool

Simply put, NO HE WON'T.
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #9
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

16649/9916

Old 10-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #10
josh99
Local High School Star

josh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung D-Will

16649/9916

Don't think he'll make it, he would have to average 15ppg for 3 more seasons.
josh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #11
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh99
Almost doable.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #12
Fudge
Momma I luv you

Fudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh99
And you don't think that's possible?
Fudge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #13
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected poster

I can't see it personally, but I would love to. Nash is one of my favourites in NBA history. I'm not sure if any player can ever accomplish this, but if I had to bet on one i'd bet on LeBron doing it if he stays healthy.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:45 PM   #14
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
I can't see it personally, but I would love to. Nash is one of my favourites in NBA history. I'm not sure if any player can ever accomplish this, but if I had to bet on one i'd bet on LeBron doing it if he stays healthy.
He'll probably come up short on assists
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #15
BuGzBuNNy

BuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation here

Na, he'll fall short in points.
BuGzBuNNy is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: