Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default A look into the Eastern Conference and the Knicks

Most of the East teams have collected their cores of players for the upcoming season already, so an early look can be held.

Barring an injury to LeBron, expect to see Miami in the finals again.

But who's second, third, fourth, fifth, and so on?

I'll start with the Nets...

While I do think they will win more than 50 games, I can see them taking rest breaks during the season for KG and Pierce especially, and making a pretty good playoff push, but it will all come down to Deron Williams...he plays to his capability, the Nets could be facing Miami in the ECF.....I have them pegged at the third seed.....max win total of 54

Chicago, imo is much worse, but will be getting Rose back, only issue is the amount of time it normally takes a player to get back to norm after an injury such as his....I have them pegged at 5th seed....47 wins...max, with their usual high effort to win more than they should.

Indy is a weird team to gauge, they play championship level defense, but their offense is so poor is literally holds them back, they need balance and i doubt they can find it, unless they implore Granger as a sixth man or trade him for a reliable scorer......but overall, I think they'll win 52-55 games on their defense alone, and claiming the 2nd seed, will be a tough out in the second round, with the Nets the likely opponent.....

So where does this put the Knicks? Really hard to predict because I dont know what they are.

They have a good mix of offense and defense on an individual basis, and should be able to win games in the regular season from anywhere of 50-60..... but their issue is rarely talent...it's health and willingness to do what is needed to get the win, and trusting and playing as a team.

Woodson will have to trim guys minutes lower than where they prefer to hopefully take away the nagging injuries which keeps them fresh, and to get everyones confidence up to be able to contribute when called upon.

From a playoff standpoint until they address the rebounding, inefficient offense, moments of lacking effort, and defense..... I cannot see them beating anyone beyond the second round....I have them pegged at being either the 2nd seed as a high at 60 wins max, and a low of 4th seed with 50 wins....Should they address those key points, they very well could be playing Miami in the ECF

The bottom four I really see as maids to the top four...

Cavs if healthy can be that 5th seed....but that is a huge key for them.

Bynum Kyrie, Verajao especially...big question marks there.

I love what the Wizards have and i can see them finally enjoying some playoff action.....500 gets them in in the east....6th seed for them.

7th seed may very well be the Pistons, and pending them keeping that frontcourt, they very well could win 40-44 games with that trio of Monroe Drummond and Smoove.

8th seed? Really doesnt matter as they'll get smoked by Miami, but I the Raptors with 38 wins securing that spot by default of being the best of the worst.

So with an early guess, my seeds for the 2013-14 season....

1 Miami
2 Indy
3 Nets
4 Knicks
5 Cavs
6 Wizards
7 Pistons
6 Raptors.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:18 PM   #2
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: A look into the Eastern Conference and the Knicks

1.Heat- The best team in the league until someone proves otherwise. Really no need to explain further. They've structured their team almost perfectly. They have an identity, and every move they make is geared toward that.

2.Indiana-They really have no weakness. They just don't have that go to player. Paul George has shown flashes of that. Hibbert has had his moments. Granger at one point appeared to be on his way but who knows how he'll be post injury. Overall though, I like their team. I do think losing Hansborough was a bigger deal than most people think though.

3.Nets- People can say what they want. I just don't see how they didn't get better. Pierce and Garnett as your 4th and 5th options. Blatche for the vet min. Kirilenko for the mini mid. Billy King has built a solid roster. I think the Nets biggest issue was heart and toughness. In my opinion, Garnett and Pierce are the epitome of that.

4.Knicks- I don't think we got much better....but I don't think we got worse. Losing Copeland was unfortunate but meh...it can be made up. MWP isn't as good offensively but he's definitely better defensively. Shot blocking is definitely an issue and I think game by game Chandler's defense is being more and more exposed. We desperately need more rim protection.

5.Bulls-Intrigued as to why you don't have them making the playoffs but then again, I thought they wouldn't make it last year. I'm not betting against them anymore. Thibs is easily a top 5 coach in my opinion. They lost Bellinelli and it's looking like they'll lose Nate. At some point, losing key guys is going to have to negatively impact them....right? I do like the Snell draft pick and them getting Dunleavy. Nate was a big part of their success though. Obviously a healthy Rose helps but they can't keep losing key role players.

6.Wizards- I really liked every move they made this summer. Porter will be a project until he can bulk up and work on his handle a little but he will have time to develop. I think Glen Rice Jr in the 2nd round is a steal. Eric Maynor is a solid backup. Martell Webster is very underrated. Last season was a tale of two seasons once Wall returned.

7.Cavs- They made a lot of major moves but I'm not sure all of them made sense. They acquired players in positions they already had filled and still left holes. I'm also not a fan of Bynum. The talent is obviously there but as much as people hate Dwight Howard, I have far less respect for this guy. He's a jerk and a quitter.

8.Raptors- They have 3 overpaid former Knicks lol But I kind of get the directiom they are going. They have a defensive minded coach and their guards and wings are defensively sound. Psycho T was a nice pickup. I think they will capture that 8th seed only to take an L in the 1st round to the eventual champs.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:59 PM   #3
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

The Nets reloaded in a big way. I'm impressed. I wish the Knicks had gone for Hansbrough.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:33 AM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i actually had the Bulls 5th in the post, scratch the Raptors....
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #5
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
The Nets reloaded in a big way. I'm impressed. I wish the Knicks had gone for Hansbrough.
I agree. We need his toughness and mid-range jumpshot
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: