Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
miggyme1
Local High School Star

Default Which league will become a joke first? Nba or nfl

Look i thought the replacement refs were horrible and even with the regular refs back the way the nfl is reffed is patty cake compared to how it was in the 90's and early 2000's.

And lets not even start on the nba.the nba use to be the nfl without helmets and pads.if you werent the best player on the court it didnt matter because you could wreck havoc by being a tough s.o.b. Im sure most people on this site remember the pistons that jordan faced in the late 80's and early 90's.if that team were around today theyd be banned from the nba. I feel like floppin is a product of defensive players not being able to play a physical style of play.

For the nba to implement new rules against flopping is absurd.why not bring back the hand check?how is it if i go up for a block against my opponent thats going strong to the hoop and our bodied collide and they land hard thats a flagrant? Its called physics! Itd not like im intentionally trying to injury the guy.

I feel like both the nba and nfl are becoming shells of themselves as far as the integrity of both leagues are involved.

What do u you guys think?
miggyme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #2
whippyAU
I airball my layups

Default Re: Which league will become a joke first? Nba or nfl

Wait, NFL isnt a joke? It's actualy a sport? Speechless
whippyAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

They are both WELL on their way to becoming jokes given rule changes to make them more entertainment, and less sport.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

The NFL is pretty damn popular. This year alone it has put its neck out there twice (not doing enough about concussions and the replacement ref debacle) and the fans don't seem to care. They eat the shit up.

If there was a sharp fall in fantasy football popularity I think the league would dip in popularity, but Fantasy is too fun, and in the 15 years I have been playing I have seen countless non-fans become very fluent in the game due to them joining fantasy leagues at the office or with friends. A LOT of people know a lot of NFL players and fantasy has grown the popularity of the game and players immensely to the point where it is now mainstream and kind of weird if you are not in at least one league.

The once a week, shorter season makes fantasy football more attractive than baseball or basketball, thus more non-fans will take an interest in the game.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:05 PM   #5
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Fantasy sports always has, and always will suck.

I hate it when you're at a bar and every random douche starts talking about their team or league, like any of us give a crap.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #6
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
Fantasy sports always has, and always will suck.

I hate it when you're at a bar and every random douche starts talking about their team or league, like any of us give a crap.

Yeah, my guess is you suck also.

But I agree, with the second part, me and my friends actually have a rule that no fantasy sports or poker stories are allowed when we are out partying. I often interrupt people once they start a story and tell them this rule and they usually stop.
Try it, it works.

"Sorry dude, no fantasy chat, that's the rule."
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #7
Knicksfever2010
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
Yeah, my guess is you suck also.

But I agree, with the second part, me and my friends actually have a rule that no fantasy sports or poker stories are allowed when we are out partying. I often interrupt people once they start a story and tell them this rule and they usually stop.
Try it, it works.

"Sorry dude, no fantasy chat, that's the rule."

but you do in fact have a fantasy team of grown men??
Knicksfever2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: