Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-06-2012, 12:29 AM   #1
Clifton
talk less, say more

Default The Minnesota Timberwolves' head coach is Rick Adelman. And

And their roster has the following players on it:

PG Ricky Rubio, Luke Ridnour, JJ Barea
SG Brandon Roy
SF Andrei Kirilenko
PF Kevin Love
C Nikola Pekovic, who I don't know, but who is European (+1), and who Rick Adelman recently praised for his passing (+2).

Shouldn't everyone be talking about this? This could be the best passing team since the 02 Kings. Heck, they could be better. They don't have near the scoring talent, but boy will they pick people apart.

Is anyone else really excited that Brandon Roy is back? Penny in Phoenix v.2.0?

Discuss? Is this much less exciting than it seems? I've been out of the loop and didn't realize any of this until today.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:42 AM   #2
AlonzoGOAT
Banned

Default Re: The Minnesota Timberwolves' head coach is Rick Adelman. And

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton

SG Brandon Roy
SF Andrei Kirilenko
PF Kevin Love
C Nikola Pekovic, who I don't know, but who is European (+1), and who Rick Adelman recently praised for his passing (+2).

Shouldn't everyone be talking about this? This could be the best passing team since the 02 Kings. Heck, they could be better. They don't have near the scoring talent, but boy will they pick people apart.

Discuss? Is this much less exciting than it seems? I've been out of the loop and didn't realize any of this until today.

They get no media spotlight therefore

ISH will respond in the following:

30% will say they suck
30% Lol Heat, OKC, Celtics, Lakers
20% Wow they're white
10% Will know they're a team to keep an eye on
4% Godbe
4% LeGod
2% Prom Boy left4dead vs Alter Ego E-thug Fatty (RRR3 vs LakersReign)

Last edited by AlonzoGOAT : 10-06-2012 at 12:47 AM.
AlonzoGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:49 AM   #3
imnew09
Expert Analyst

If Rubio is healthy for the entire season, then they will have a great chance to make it to the playoff
imnew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:51 AM   #4
oh the horror
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT
They get no media spotlight therefore

ISH will respond in the following:

30% will say they suck
30% Lol Heat, OKC, Celtics, Lakers
20% Wow they're white
10% Will know they're a team to keep an eye on
4% Godbe
4% LeGod
2% Prom Boy left4dead vs Alter Ego E-thug Fatty (RRR3 vs LakersReign)

No.

For one, this team hasnt DONE ANYTHING as of yet. Last year they looked nice....but were hit by the injury bug. People are waiting to see. As of right now, they have some nice pieces and a solid coach.

Two, if they're banking on Brandon Roy's knees, then lets all hope he turns out to be a fraction of the player he was.

Or did we all forget he retired because of that?
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:17 AM   #5
Smoke117
Point God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton

SG Brandon Roy
SF Andrei Kirilenko
PF Kevin Love

What I see is two guys that have been washed up: Brandon Roy because of injuries and Kirilenko who just whined himself out of the league the last time. He wasn't even that good of a defensive player anymore the last time he was in the league in 2011 anymore. Kevin Love is a terrible defensive player. Why should people be talking about the Timberwolves? They are maybe a borderline playoff team, but they don't have any defensive pieces to do ANYTHING or make any kind noise. They may score a lot of points, but to be a legit team you have to actually play some defense and this team has no pieces up front to do that. They are nothing to be worried about or look out for in the west when you got the Lakers and the Thunder as the big boys and then the Clippers and the Spurs still. Why would anyone care about this joke of a team as of now?
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:20 AM   #6
ZeN
Stormblessed

They have as much potential as liabilities. They can be really good unless all the things that are probable to go wrong, do go wrong.

Too many questions at the moment: How well and quickly will Rubio regain his health and will he continue to progress? Will the center play stay gritty and solid like last year or regress? Will Roy's knees hold up or will they remind us of why he retired in the first place? Which Kirilenko will they have? The one that is great and versatile or the one that doesn't have his head in the game? Etc..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:35 AM   #7
longtime lurker
Very good NBA starter

Brandon Roy won't play more than 20 mins a game. They're a borderline playoff team depending on health but that's it.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:55 AM   #8
Clifton
talk less, say more

Quote:
Two, if they're banking on Brandon Roy's knees, then lets all hope he turns out to be a fraction of the player he was.

Or did we all forget he retired because of that?
I would have Roy work off screens and run pick and rolls, and not play him more than 30mpg. This isn't a guy you send Paul Pierce-style into the heart of the defense to shoot 10 free throws every night any more. He needs to be treated like you would treat a 40 year old player. He can still bring a lot to the table though, and he's one more guy with a huge BBall IQ, which never hurts.

Quote:
They have as much potential as liabilities. They can be really good unless all the things that are probable to go wrong, do go wrong.

Too many questions at the moment: How well and quickly will Rubio regain his health and will he continue to progress? Will the center play stay gritty and solid like last year or regress? Will Roy's knees hold up or will they remind us of why he retired in the first place? Which Kirilenko will they have? The one that is great and versatile or the one that doesn't have his head in the game? Etc..
All true. I'm aware that Roy and AK are huge risks. I'm also aware that they don't have top-5 team level talent, and that they can't win a title - they don't have nearly the firepower or the defense.

But still, you have Rick Adelman camped out in the middle of nowhere assembling a team full of rejects and broken players who could, for all we know, be all-stars, and anyway who are really smart and great passers. They won't win a title but they could be the best team to watch this year.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:05 AM   #9
daily
cereal killah

I'm a big Brandon Roy fan. I'd love nothing more than to see him have a great season.

And I agree the T-Wolves should be fun to watch, this is their year to start making some positive steps. I'd like to see a solid season approaching .500 Maybe get a couple signature wins.
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:06 AM   #10
eliteballer
Very good NBA starter

No one knows if Roy and Kirilenko are going to be good or washed up.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:07 AM   #11
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

for the record, it's unfair to get mad at people for hating on and/or doubting this team strongly. people said they looked good before last season too and look where that ended. this team has shown nothing, and until then i will pay no attention to them other than love, rubio and roy's return.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:13 AM   #12
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

In 2k13 Brandon Roy is basically god. I haven't beat the Timberwolves yet.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:17 AM   #13
coin24
5-time NBA All-Star

I think its great there fans are optimistic for the season, making the playoffs would be a huge win for them after sucking for so long..
At least theyre bringing in guys and trying to win, unlike certain other bottom feeding shit teams that just constantly underperform and are poorly run..
They arent going to recieve hype from other fans though because as of yet they havnt achieved a thing. As with any other team, if they start winning, people will take notice...
I hope Roy is healthy and plays well for them. Still hate Kevin Love though
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:00 AM   #14
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

With a healthy Rubio, they're an 8th seed team.
With a healthy Roy+Rubio, they're likely to be 5th or 6th (LAL, OKC, SAS, LAC, DAL).

They're a dark horse team like the 2011 Memphis Grizzlies, except better. At best, they can make the WCF but only under the right conditions.

But it all really depends on Roy more than anyone else so here's hoping Roy stays healthy for the next 5-10 years.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:13 AM   #15
LakersForlife
Local High School Star

i can see minessota beating top teams except LA,Mem.they got nice big men.the rest they will face roll them inside using pekovic.
LakersForlife is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: