Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 01-27-2007, 11:27 PM   #1
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far
Default Move the Franchise

...to Nashville. better sports fan there who can support the franchise financially.
Sorry Memphis, you are a GREAT city, lots of fun...but Nashville is where the money is...and its much faster growing.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:33 AM   #2
poindexter
I hit open layups

poindexter has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Move the Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
...to Nashville. better sports fan there who can support the franchise financially.
Sorry Memphis, you are a GREAT city, lots of fun...but Nashville is where the money is...and its much faster growing.

that is total crap...one guess why the attendance is down this year? they are the worst team in the NBA...heisley knew that memphis was the smallest market and he didn't expect the city to have the fans like chicago...nashville
stole the NFL team from memphis they ain't stealing the NBA team
poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:56 PM   #3
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by poindexter
that is total crap...one guess why the attendance is down this year? they are the worst team in the NBA...heisley knew that memphis was the smallest market and he didn't expect the city to have the fans like chicago...nashville
stole the NFL team from memphis they ain't stealing the NBA team

bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:26 PM   #4
Moose

St.Louis needs a b-ball team.... or better yet Vancouver!!!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 07:38 PM   #5
poindexter
I hit open layups

you'll have to wait 10- 15 years if you want the grizzlies
Old 03-13-2007, 02:13 PM   #6
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
St.Louis needs a b-ball team.... or better yet Vancouver!!!!!
vancouver already blew their chance.....STL does need one though
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:50 AM   #7
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by eauclaire447
vancouver already blew their chance.....STL does need one though

I was being sacastic
Old 03-15-2007, 04:36 PM   #8
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Amazing. Memphis simply does not have much of a fan base.
I started this thread what seems like ages ago. Only one or two Memphis fans responded. This thread is still on it's forum's list. In virtually any other forum, this thread would have been gone a long time ago.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:22 PM   #9
Moose

New account?
Old 03-16-2007, 05:05 PM   #10
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
New account?

yup. my office account.
I pull for the grizz, but it seems like the local fans do not. Is it just because they currently stink? If so, those are not good fans. If not, then Memphis just doesn't have a strong fan base.
I think the Grizz are poised for a turn around. Give them a great PG and they would be solid. I say this mainly because I am a big believer in Rudy Gay.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:05 PM   #11
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

There is no true fan base here.Only band wagoners and people who want to be entertained for a night.I was just in nashville watching the preadotors play the stars.I was blown away by the fans.It was amazing.They had chants and songs.Everyone was into the game it was sold out.People actually paid attention.They actually follow the team.Up here the"fans" Do not even know who is on the team.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:18 AM   #12
poindexter
I hit open layups

Okay, let's see why there isn't a big fan base now. The team doesn't have a
permanent coach...doesn't know who the owner will be...doesn't know who
the general manager will be after june...their best player doesn't want to play on the team...they have the worst record in the NBA...most of the
players play half ass except the young guys...etc. etc. Only the most die hard fans would want to support an organization like that. They had a pretty good fan base a couple of years ago until West went old school and signed over the hill has been players. It was obvious after they went O and out after the playoffs last year that the team wasn't going to win with Gasol. Even the Chicago announcers could see Gasol doesn't want to be in Memphis. Heisley doesn't even talk with the local owners. You can't blame the city
for not selling out the Forum. It starts at the top. If and when the
organization turns around I'm sure they will get more fans. It is pretty pathetic that there are hardly any Griz posters on here. Maybe they don't want to be associated with the worst ORGANIZATION in the league. Or maybe the Internet hasn't got to Memphis yet. That's my rant for the night/day. Peace out.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:11 PM   #13
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Yeah but it has always been a bandwagon following here.Even when we had that 50 win season.Many people still complained about the team.The fans here want a superstar.Hopefully rudy gay can turn into that along with an allstar player in pau.Or maybe we sign an established star next season.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: