Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
Peteballa
Go Gators

Default Next Jacob Tucker?

Yeah, this is actually me lol, shamelessly promoting my video. Tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UawmT...ature=youtu.be

PS: I know I was doing an excessive amount of chin ups on the rim. I was just really excited haha I had never hit so many dunks consecutively like this.

To keep this somewhat related and not a total shameless self promotion, and for discussion's sake, how many of you guys (the ISH posters) can dunk? And how tall / old are you? I'm a 5'10 white 17 year old so it's kind of unexpected when I do this sort of thing in a game.

Last edited by Peteballa : 10-07-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Peteballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
iDunkOreo
I airball my layups

Default Re: Next Jacob Tucker?

Mixed, black mom and white dad, age 18, around six feet. I can jump plenty high enough to dunk, but I can't seem to be able to hold onto the ball when I go to put it in the rim. Maybe I should start working out too instead of just playing ball when I feel like not being lazy.
iDunkOreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #3
Peteballa
Go Gators

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunkOreo
Mixed, black mom and white dad, age 18, around six feet. I can jump plenty high enough to dunk, but I can't seem to be able to hold onto the ball when I go to put it in the rim. Maybe I should start working out too instead of just playing ball when I feel like not being lazy.

Yeah that's the toughest part. I was getting high enough for about six months before I was able to put it in consistently. Even in this video, it was so much easier for me to dunk with two hands instead of one.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #4
millwad
Banned

Dunked the first time when I was 13 or 14, but it was barely and I was tall already back then.

Later went on and played for the swedish youth national team and then in the swedish basketball league, was and still is a huge dunk lover.

Nothing better than grabbing an alley and just throwing it down.

My first 360 was like at age 17.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:03 PM   #5
Peteballa
Go Gators

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
Dunked the first time when I was 13 or 14, but it was barely and I was tall already back then.

Later went on and played for the swedish youth national team and then in the swedish basketball league, was and still is a huge dunk lover.

Nothing better than grabbing an alley and just throwing it down.

My first 360 was like at age 17.

That's awesome. I was finally able to start dunking consistently about three months ago, and I've never dunked in a Varsity game. About a month from now my senior year starts, and I can't wait to throw one down during an actual game.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:52 AM   #6
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

I'm 5'11" 160lb and 20 (white as ****)and pretty athletic but i have never dunked. I can grab rim with two hands though and I can drop it in over the rim so i guess i'm close. I always thought it was weird that I couldn't dunk because I play water polo for my college so I have really strong legs

sweet vid btw

Last edited by ralph_i_el : 10-08-2012 at 12:55 AM.
ralph_i_el is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:27 AM   #7
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteballa
To keep this somewhat related and not a total shameless self promotion, and for discussion's sake, how many of you guys (the ISH posters) can dunk? And how tall / old are you? I'm a 5'10 white 17 year old so it's kind of unexpected when I do this sort of thing in a game.
Nicely done. I think I saw these clips in the Streetball section but dunking's something you should be proud of, so I've got no problem with you posting them again.

To answer the follow-up questions, I am 28 years old, 6'3'' and I can in fact dunk. I've heard of folks who dunk but don't feel a lot of satisfaction from doing so because they say it's so easy and routine to them... I'm definitely not one of those guys. I've been able to dunk since I was a 5'10'' 14-year old and it's a pretty comfortable action by now, but I still get just as much of a kick out of it these days as I did back then.

My dunking style is pretty conservative. In-game dunks are probably 80% one-hand, one-foot finishes. 10% are probably two-hands off one-foot. 5% are dunks off two-feet, and the last 5% are two-hands off one-foot with a Charles Barkley rim swing. I usually cannot come close to palming a ball, but it does not seem to have affected me too much. Though, with that said, the few times I have been able to palm a ball, I felt like Dr. J out there. Dunking was a lot easier with a palm, but less authoritative.

Anyhow, there's a .gif thread in the Streetball section, so here's my personal .gif from that spot:

Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:14 AM   #8
shallehalle
High School Varsity 6th Man

was waiting for some crazy dunks, but eh.. not bad.
i'm 6'0-6'1 and can do two hand dunks, off glass dunks, 360 dunks and windmill palming the ball with one hand

and it's a myth that white dudes can't dunk better than black guys.. kristaps dārgais, shal and the one from ukraine who does the sickest behind the back pass to himself dunks
shallehalle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: