Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
#1SportsFan86
Mavs All Day

#1SportsFan86 has decent reputation
Default Deron Williams is a funny guy...

Quote:
Deron Williams told New York reporters Monday that Cuban's absence from the Mavs' free-agency pitch to the All-Star point guard "of course" impacted Williams' decision to re-sign with the Brooklyn Nets.

The Mavs sent coach Rick Carlisle, president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson and front office assistant/former Mavs star Michael Finley to New York to try to woo Williams, a native of Dallas suburb The Colony.

Cuban was in California taping episodes of the ABC show "Shark Tank" at the time.

"I think (Cuban) would have been able to answer a lot of the questions me and my agent have for him that really didn't get answered that day pertaining to the future," Williams told reporters. "And I think if he was there he would have been able to answer those questions a little bit better. It maybe would have helped me.

"(I wanted to hear about) the direction of the future of the team, other than Dirk. Players they were thinking about. Everything was basically just their track record, trust their track record, which is, you know, I can honor that, because they do have a good track record but it's not enough for me, especially when (Nets general manager Billy King) was updating me daily."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...-cuban-absence

Does he really want people to believe he gonna turn that an extra 25 Mill/being the man on the Nets only if Cuban showed up?...

No way was he gonna turn down all that with the Nets to sign with Dallas and second fiddle to Dirk.

D-Will is not fooling me...

Last edited by #1SportsFan86 : 10-09-2012 at 08:33 PM.
#1SportsFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

SyRyanYang posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySyRyanYang posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySyRyanYang posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Deron Williams is a funny guy...

What are you talking about? Hasn't he signed with the Nets already?
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
talkingconch
College star

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool

do not understand
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #4
guy
Very good NBA starter

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

He said it impacted his decision, not decided it. Its not like he showed up to Dallas with packed suitcases then cried back to Brooklyn cause Cuban didn't show up.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: