Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-08-2012, 03:01 AM   #376
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

raptorfan_dr07 has not been impressing people
Default Re: GT: Lakers vs Warriors 10/7/12 in Fresno

I'd really like to see CDR back in the league. He can light it up. He's better than Jodie Meeks, Devin Ebanks, and whoever else is battling for SG minutes off the bench. Plus he has a cool name.

If he doesn't stick in LA, he'd be a solid pickup for some other team as a scorer off the bench. That is if he's worked out his maturity/attitude issues he had before.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:04 AM   #377
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
they are gonna have to rely on their staters

Thats really no different to any other contender.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:09 AM   #378
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
And Warriors only started 2 starters, and didn't play their All-Star caliber PG or C at all... so anyone who thinks the Lakers got blown out by the Warriors real squad are clearly trolling. Warriors bench blew out the Lakers bench tonight... because the Warriors have a better bench.

mike brown trying to get everyone thats in uniform to play. which meant playing guys who ive never heard of that are on the laker team, 13th, 14th players. Like that samogyl guy or w.e. Was just a experimental game, I think I heard the announcers after halftime say kobe and co. were in the locker room or something.

fact is game was pointless and does not mean anything other than steve nash and gasol look great, Ron artest is looking healthy and fit. And how the bench players/guys who will not make it on the team perform.

btw did Meeks play? wasn't able to catch him.
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:26 AM   #379
senelcoolidge
Great college starter

senelcoolidge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrysenelcoolidge posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingconch
mike brown trying to get everyone thats in uniform to play. which meant playing guys who ive never heard of that are on the laker team, 13th, 14th players. Like that samogyl guy or w.e. Was just a experimental game, I think I heard the announcers after halftime say kobe and co. were in the locker room or something.

fact is game was pointless and does not mean anything other than steve nash and gasol look great, Ron artest is looking healthy and fit. And how the bench players/guys who will not make it on the team perform.

btw did Meeks play? wasn't able to catch him.

Excuses. You know the fakers are in some deep crap. Just kidding! But the lakers have a terrible bench and 3 old guys as their starters. Good luck guys. Of course this was preseason and means nothing. If you have watched all of these first preseason games they were all sloppy. But the lakers should never lose by 27 to a supposedly inferior team. At least make it respectable. Warriors weren't even trying.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:35 AM   #380
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
Excuses. You know the fakers are in some deep crap. Just kidding! But the lakers have a terrible bench and 3 old guys as their starters. Good luck guys. Of course this was preseason and means nothing. If you have watched all of these first preseason games they were all sloppy. But the lakers should never lose by 27 to a supposedly inferior team. At least make it respectable. Warriors weren't even trying.

Neither were the Lakers it would seem. None of the starters played after the second quarter, and while the Warriors deployed their starters and 2nd unit throughout the second half, Coach Brown devoted minutes to 3rd string players + Jamison and Hill.

Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes are going to be a beast of a duo on the offensive side of the ball. If Curry, Barnes, and Bogut can stay healthy, GSW gonna tear it up
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:10 AM   #381
Nash
NBA lottery pick

Nash has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
They do not have a bad bench. Meeks, Jamison, Hill and 1 from the big 4 playing with the 2nd unit is big.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:10 AM   #382
RazorBaLade
Banned

RazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Honestly, Lakers fans (at least my friends) overrate the Lakers bench players so much. We're talking about the worst scoring bench in the NBA last season, and they added who? 40 year old Antawn Jamison? And Jodie Meeks? Couple of decent additions I guess, but I have no doubt the Lakers bench is one of the lowest scoring in the NBA this season as well... which is fine, because their starting lineup is stacked to the brim, but have no doubt, the bench is a weakness of the Lakers.

As for the Warriors, look at our 2nd unit;

Jarret Jack
Brandon Rush
Richard Jefferson / Harrison Barnes
Carl Landry
Andris Biedrins / Jeremy Tyler

Outside of the Clippers, I think the Warriors might have the best 2nd unit in the NBA. Of course I'm a total homer.

well i think jamison and meeks and stuff are solid players. thats not the problem. the issue is the engine, if you will. Someone like sacre can look like an nba solid player when nash is on the floor. jamison and meeks are gonna be awesome with nash or at least kobe in there. But the bench is still run by the same piece of garbage.

its like we got a shiny new bench car, but our engine is steve blake. no. we dont have an engine in our car. we are being pulled along by a single horse with brain damage.

that is what its like having your offense run by him. there were so many chances tonight for him to hit an open jamison but hes just blind and bad. im almost blinded by how bad steve blake is at basketball.

it wont matter in the long run as you said, but its a weakness. and its only because of one player imo.
RazorBaLade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:24 AM   #383
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
well i think jamison and meeks and stuff are solid players. thats not the problem. the issue is the engine, if you will. Someone like sacre can look like an nba solid player when nash is on the floor. jamison and meeks are gonna be awesome with nash or at least kobe in there. But the bench is still run by the same piece of garbage.

its like we got a shiny new bench car, but our engine is steve blake. no. we dont have an engine in our car. we are being pulled along by a single horse with brain damage.

that is what its like having your offense run by him. there were so many chances tonight for him to hit an open jamison but hes just blind and bad. im almost blinded by how bad steve blake is at basketball.

it wont matter in the long run as you said, but its a weakness. and its only because of one player imo.

This
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:27 AM   #384
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

The main core of the bench isn't bad. Just not a lot of depth after the main 3 guys who come off the bench. It's average and should do ok one starter is out there. Quite a few guys who played last night wouldn't make the roster or be in the rotation. So you can't take anything away from the beat down. It's not what the bench will look like.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #385
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

For half of this game I didn't recognize a single player on the court. It was odd. Also, did Goudelock fvck Brown's wife or something? Why wasn't he out there sooner? It was odd the way new, random players kept coming out wearing a Lakers uniform, and by the way they played, it almost seemed like they won a raffle to play for the Lakers or something.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #386
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Where are all the ishiots who ripped the Celtics for losing a preseason game?

JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #387
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wait what 35-0 run? Really?

Is that a record for any NBA game? It must be.
R.I.P. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #388
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Loved the ball movement in the first half from the starters. The 2nd unit could really use a playmaker.. no one can set up Jamison and Meeks for easy buckets.
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #389
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Westbrook is really a SG, and PG (in name only)

Last year his assist numbers dropped ridiculously low, while his points per game increased.

I think Marbury is a better POINT GUARD, given he could score and distribute better. But I give Westbrook the nod as overall player given some versatility and abilities on defense.

Both Marbury and Westrbook are better than Francis, though. Marbury was underrated, and Francis was overrated. I'd easily take Baron Davis over Francis as well back in their day.
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #390
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Where are all the ishiots who ripped the Celtics for losing a preseason game?

RIGHT HERE!

Bring it on!
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: