Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #391
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: GT: Lakers vs Warriors 10/7/12 in Fresno

Warriors bench >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lakers powerhouse starting 5 (minus Dwight).

Lakers = DONE.

The Lakers can't win without Dwight!

Lakers will be lucky to barely squeak into the playoffs.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #392
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money 23
Westbrook is really a SG, and PG (in name only)

Last year his assist numbers dropped ridiculously low, while his points per game increased.

I think Marbury is a better POINT GUARD, given he could score and distribute better. But I give Westbrook the nod as overall player given some versatility and abilities on defense.

Both Marbury and Westrbook are better than Francis, though. Marbury was underrated, and Francis was overrated. I'd easily take Baron Davis over Francis as well back in their day.

Being a PG isn't just about getting assists. And you do realize that his assist numbers dropped because of Kevin Durant doing more isolating/playmaking as well as Harden's increased role in the offense right?
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #393
Money 23
Samurai Swoosh

Money 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this boardMoney 23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
Being a PG isn't just about getting assists.
Not exclusively, but it can be indicative of a PG's actual duties. Which is to control tempo, and the offense. Being the quarterback, and making sure the right weapons get the ball at the right time to get them going. APG is usually a byproduct of quality PG play.

And Westbrook plays with an ELITE offensive weapon. Maybe the best pure shooter / scorer in the league at the point right alongside Melo.

And considering we all know Westrbook's penetration abilities, for him not to have above 5 or 6 dimes a game playing alongside shooters and scorers the caliber of Durant and Harden ... is pretty disappointing.

You don't agree?

I'd rather be seeing Westrbook AS POINT GUARD hovering between 18 - 20 ppg, while giving 8 - 10 apg and better / more consistent effort on defense.

With Durant and Harden on the team, there is no need for Westrbook to have to score 24 - 28 ppg a night. He scores that much because that's his true mentality. He wants to score, you can see it on his body language and expression. And at times he can become a selfish black hole at the team's expense of better natural scorers like Durant.

Durant gets the same amount of ISOs as has the past 3 seasons, no more ... no less. Harden gets more, but usually he gets the ISO time when he's running with the bench. When he's with the starters, he's in the system.

You do realize this, yes?
Money 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:22 AM   #394
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Both Marbury and Westrbook are better than Francis, though. Marbury was underrated, and Francis was overrated. I'd easily take Baron Davis over Francis as well back in their day.
Francis at his peak was a borderline superstar; he averaged about 20 ppg 6+ apg 6.5 rpg over his first 6 seasons. He was better than Westbrook and Marbury and certainly better than Davis.

Trouble is, his peak was fairly short and he fell off practically overnight.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #395
pegasus
€uroInU$A

pegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Francis at his peak was a borderline superstar; he averaged about 20 ppg 6+ apg 6.5 rpg over his first 6 seasons. He was better than Westbrook and Marbury and certainly better than Davis.

Trouble is, his peak was fairly short and he fell off practically overnight.
Yep, that one crazy night with Cuttino Mobley did it.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #396
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Not exclusively, but it can be indicative of a PG's actual duties. Which is to control tempo, and the offense. Being the quarterback, and making sure the right weapons get the ball at the right time to get them going. APG is usually a byproduct of quality PG play.

And Westbrook plays with an ELITE offensive weapon. Maybe the best pure shooter / scorer in the league at the point right alongside Melo.

And considering we all know Westrbook's penetration abilities, for him not to have above 5 or 6 dimes a game playing alongside shooters and scorers the caliber of Durant and Harden ... is pretty disappointing.

You don't agree?

I'd rather be seeing Westrbook AS POINT GUARD hovering between 18 - 20 ppg, while giving 8 - 10 apg and better / more consistent effort on defense.

With Durant and Harden on the team, there is no need for Westrbook to have to score 24 - 28 ppg a night. He scores that much because that's his true mentality. He wants to score, you can see it on his body language and expression. And at times he can become a selfish black hole at the team's expense of better natural scorers like Durant.

Durant gets the same amount of ISOs as has the past 3 seasons, no more ... no less. Harden gets more, but usually he gets the ISO time when he's running with the bench. When he's with the starters, he's in the system.

You do realize this, yes?

You do know that after Durant and Harden no one on the Thunder can actually score right? Harden's scoring is vastly overrated, if Westbrook turns into a sub 20 point 10 assist type of PG the Thunder become very predictable to defend. Thunder are at their best when Westbrook is scoring, he just needs to learn to ease back on the pedal instead of going 200 miles an hour all the time.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #397
senelcoolidge
Great college starter

senelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong waysenelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue
For half of this game I didn't recognize a single player on the court. It was odd. Also, did Goudelock fvck Brown's wife or something? Why wasn't he out there sooner? It was odd the way new, random players kept coming out wearing a Lakers uniform, and by the way they played, it almost seemed like they won a raffle to play for the Lakers or something.

I actually like Goudelock. I wouldn't mind him on my team. He's can shoot from anywhere. He barely played at all.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: