Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-07-2013, 05:32 AM   #1
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Should the Knicks tank to get the 3rd seed ?

It's starting to get obvious that the Hawks will be 6th and Celtics 7th.

We all know the Hawks are a much easier opponent so why not tank,get that 3rd seed and at least be almost sure that we get out of the 1st round ?
It seems like the Pacers are already doing that,lost by 19 against the Wizards.

I'm not afraid of the Pacers in the 2nd round. I think they are by far the most overrated "contender" in the league.

Give me the Hawks in the 1st round and then I'm confident we can take on the Pacers even without the homecourt advantage.
Celtics are still tough and I surely want to avoid them in the first round.

I suggested something similar last year. Of course the Knicks didn't do it so they got raped by the Heat while the Sixers got lucky (or not,considering Rose already had knee issues) and got past the Bulls.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #2
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Should the Knicks tank to get the 3rd seed ?

if the hawks drop to 6, then i wud say yes, but im still not afraid of boston
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If the team is worth their nuts, then winning in the first round should be automatic no matter whom the opponent is.

But in the 2nd round, they need home court.

2 seed should be their goal.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

My answer is no.
We should not be afraid of the 1st round, whoever we play against, if we aim at something big, like we should.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:35 PM   #5
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Absolutely not. We aren't a lock to beat anyone. I'd rather the momentum of playing well than the seed. Besides, we could tank and still wind up with an unfavorable opponent. We don't know what other teams will do. Just go play winning basketball.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #6
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

I can't realistically imagine them losing in the first round this year, regardless of the match up. If they do, then I want carnage in the offseason.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #7
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllll llllllllllllllllllllllllll no. Keep the winning going. We need to win as much as possible, and let it carry onto the postseason.

I want to bury the Celtics, not run from them.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #8
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What if we tank to 3rd and Hawks fall behind Celtics? Ask for a do-over?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #9
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
What if we tank to 3rd and Hawks fall behind Celtics? Ask for a do-over?
I don't think it will happen but when I look at it better the Hawks have been playing like shit lately. They have a much easier schedule than the Celtics so there's basically a 80% chance that it won't happen.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:35 AM   #10
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No. I think we fair pretty good if not better than the celtics this year. Pierce and Kg have a bit in their tanks, rondo isn't playing. What are we so scared of? We have a MVP in melo, and jr smith is doing absolutely amazing. With healthy bigs I see is advancing, regardless of who we face.
Draz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:21 AM   #11
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Who says the Hawks are a better matchup?

Personally i wouldn't want our backcourt chasing teague all over the place, and Korver lighting us up from three.

Plus I'm sure free agent in waiting Josh Smith would love nothing more to solidify his money status by beating the Knicks.

The Hawks have their record for a reason.

The are better than old ass Boston.

This team has proven Boston is dead.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:13 AM   #12
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Who says the Hawks are a better matchup?

Personally i wouldn't want our backcourt chasing teague all over the place, and Korver lighting us up from three.

Plus I'm sure free agent in waiting Josh Smith would love nothing more to solidify his money status by beating the Knicks.

The Hawks have their record for a reason.

The are better than old ass Boston.

This team has proven Boston is dead.
Josh Smith sucks. Jeff Teague isn't the guy who's going to knock you out of the playoffs. But Paul Pierce is.

I don't care about the record. Celtics are much better than the Hawks.

Hawks are a bunch of mediocre players playing mediocre defense and being mediocre on offense with their best player being a guy who can't shoot to save his life and their arena being MSG south.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:26 AM   #13
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Josh Smith sucks. Jeff Teague isn't the guy who's going to knock you out of the playoffs. But Paul Pierce is.

I don't care about the record. Celtics are much better than the Hawks.

Hawks are a bunch of mediocre players playing mediocre defense and being mediocre on offense with their best player being a guy who can't shoot to save his life and their arena being MSG south.
Still better than the Celtics.

they should not lose to a team without their best player, and Pierce is not that dude.

He did nothing against the Knicks this year, they took one loss and KG had the impact, not Pierce.

I'd be more concerned with Jeff Green.

Boston is dead, i already hear the eulogy.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:36 AM   #14
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Still better than the Celtics.

they should not lose to a team without their best player, and Pierce is not that dude.

He did nothing against the Knicks this year, they took one loss and KG had the impact, not Pierce.

I'd be more concerned with Jeff Green.

Boston is dead, i already hear the eulogy.
I really hope you're right but I think they still have something left in the tank.

We'll see soon. Celtics play mental games and this Knicks team gets frustrated pretty easily. Also Pierce always gets up for us,especially at MSG. That's my two main concerns.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #15
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I really hope you're right but I think they still have something left in the tank.

We'll see soon. Celtics play mental games and this Knicks team gets frustrated pretty easily. Also Pierce always gets up for us,especially at MSG. That's my two main concerns.
I honestly dont see Boston doing the mental aspect again, not that it might not work, but because I'm positive this series will be tightly officiated and the players will be allowed to play if the sidebar stuff is gone.

Pierce hasn't been himself the whole year. he's had one good game against us and still wasn't the reason why they won.

Besides, this team talks championship goals, then should have no issues beating an inferior opponent without their best player.

I would be concerned with Rondo's triple double potential but that is not possible.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: