Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people
Default who has the bigger upside---Pekovic or Kanter?

Pekovic was a monster last year but he's just warming up. Kanter barely played but he's put the work in this offseason and looks ready to be unleased like the Greek God that he is.

Who do you got?
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #2
ZenMaster
Whap'em

ZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: who has the bigger upside---Pekovic or Kanter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swi7ch
Pekovic was a monster last year but he's just warming up. Kanter barely played but he's put the work in this offseason and looks ready to be unleased like the Greek God that he is.

Who do you got?

A Greek God from Turkey?
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #3
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster
A Greek God from Turkey?

There are no Turkish Gods in mythology.
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kanter.

Younger, better touch, more athletic, and lots of room to improve. Pekovic is significantly better right now though.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:19 PM   #5
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Uh who the hell would say Kanter??? Pek has proven he's a borderline all star already right out of the gate and does pretty much everything well. Kanter has very good potential but hasn't proven shit yet and has a tendency to disappear. I think Pek has more upside because he's shown us a lot more and doesn't seem near tapped out yet.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #6
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Uh who the hell would say Kanter???

Someone paying attention.

Quote:
Pek has proven he's a borderline all star already right out of the gate and does
pretty much everything well.

Borderline all-star? 26 in his 2nd year isn't exactly right out of the gate. You do know what upside means right?

Quote:
Kanter has very good potential but hasn't proven shit

Proved he was a rotation player on a west playoff team, a strong defender, hard worker and potentially an elite rebounder.

Quote:
has a tendency to disappear

Really?

Quote:
I think Pek has more upside because he's shown us a lot more and doesn't seem near tapped out yet.

Kanter just started playing ball a few years ago. He was the youngest guy in the league last year after not being able to play the year before at all nor had a summer league or a regular training camp or practice schedule during the year. You could see his improvement from game to game and based on the reports of their scrimmage he's came a long ways since the end of the season.

Last edited by Xiao Yao You : 10-07-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:08 PM   #7
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Uh who the hell would say Kanter??? Pek has proven he's a borderline all star already right out of the gate and does pretty much everything well. Kanter has very good potential but hasn't proven shit yet and has a tendency to disappear. I think Pek has more upside because he's shown us a lot more and doesn't seem near tapped out yet.

You pretty much explained why it's Kanter who has the bigger upside
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #8
Odinn
I make 50-feet jumpers

Odinn is considered somewhat coolOdinn is considered somewhat coolOdinn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by swi7ch
There are no Turkish Gods in mythology.
Odinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #9
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Kanter is going to be very solid throughout his career. I think Pekovic has more upside tho. I understand that Kanter has time on his side, but being younger doesn't mean he has more upside. I could see Pekovic having a season of 20PPG, even playing with Love. I imagine he'll be scoring 17 and up, with 10-11RPB. He's also just a very strong post presence.

I don't see Kanter being much of a scorer. Maybe he'll have some 15PPG seasons in his career, but I see him getting them off rebounds and in transition and the like. I don't see him being much of an offensive force. I've heard that he's a talented passer, tho I don't know.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #10
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Kanter is going to be very solid throughout his career. I think Pekovic has more upside tho. I understand that Kanter has time on his side, but being younger doesn't mean he has more upside. I could see Pekovic having a season of 20PPG, even playing with Love. I imagine he'll be scoring 17 and up, with 10-11RPB. He's also just a very strong post presence.

I don't see Kanter being much of a scorer. Maybe he'll have some 15PPG seasons in his career, but I see him getting them off rebounds and in transition and the like. I don't see him being much of an offensive force. I've heard that he's a talented passer, tho I don't know.

They say he's running the floor for dunks. Playing the pick and roll. Exploding above the rim near the basket. Passing out of the post and hitting 18 footers all while not getting pushed around despite the weight loss. As I said last year I think he could be better than the people's choice of the second coming Favors. He showed improvement every game. He's a hard worker.

Pekovic's improvement will mostly come from more minutes at his age. Kanter's will come from increased time and experience.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: