Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Teams that played more outside-inside and won a championship

So normally the philosophy is that you first establish the paint in order to establish good shots on the perimeter.. some times have had incredibly dominant wing/perimeter players however and have done the opposite.

Some teams that come in mind

80s Celtics with Bird

90s Bulls with Jordan/Pippen (team that did this the most)

late 00 Lakers with Kobe? (Bryant still had higher ppg than Odom + Gasol, bynum averaged like 5 ppg)
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture has a near all-star reputation hereKyrieTheFuture has a near all-star reputation hereKyrieTheFuture has a near all-star reputation hereKyrieTheFuture has a near all-star reputation hereKyrieTheFuture has a near all-star reputation hereKyrieTheFuture has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Teams that played more outside-inside and won a championship

11 Mavericks? 12 Heat?
KyrieTheFuture is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #3
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
11 Mavericks? 12 Heat?
yea 12 heat for sure.. 11 mavericks was different.. had a 7'0 footer who could go inside and out, although the same could be argued for Lebron.. Lebron actually backed down durant on a bunch of diff. plays in the finals
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #4
mjokc
Local High School Star

mjokc is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueandGold
yea 12 heat for sure.. 11 mavericks was different.. had a 7'0 footer who could go inside and out, although the same could be argued for Lebron.. Lebron actually backed down durant on a bunch of diff. plays in the finals
You really didn't watch the finals.
mjokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:44 PM   #5
stephanieg
College superstar

stephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected poster

You'd be hard pressed to describe the 80s Celtics as an outside-inside team.
stephanieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:56 AM   #6
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation here

most teams play that way nowadays
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:57 AM   #7
Pushxx
Pushxx

Pushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueandGold
So normally the philosophy is that you first establish the paint in order to establish good shots on the perimeter.. some times have had incredibly dominant wing/perimeter players however and have done the opposite.

Some teams that come in mind

80s Celtics with Bird

What? Their primary point guards were notoriously poor outside shooters. Only Ainge and Wedman could even shoot the 3.

Celtics didn't space the floor with jumpshooters. They spaced it with movement, picks, cuts, and Larry fucking Bird. Celtics' offense pounded the ball inside to the multiple players who could work down there. Bird made plays from the post. There was a lot of ball and player movement.

Oh and Chris Ford couldn't make a fucking 3 in the playoffs to save his life. Goddammit...

Anyway...just needed to clear it up because the Celtics were the opposite of perimeter oriented lol.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:05 AM   #8
livingby3's
The 1-man fastbreak.

livingby3's has a near all-star reputation herelivingby3's has a near all-star reputation herelivingby3's has a near all-star reputation herelivingby3's has a near all-star reputation herelivingby3's has a near all-star reputation herelivingby3's has a near all-star reputation here

we just going to see more. it's a perimeter oriented era
livingby3's is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: